RegisterDonateLogin

It's what's for dinner...in space.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark Link Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:34:35 AM
Groups: Member

Pretty sure I know how Dark Link works (I created the ability) but my opponent and I need confirmation.

Dark Link (Force 2, usable on his turn: Target 1 Unique living enemy and 1 living ally, ignoring cover; 10 damage to both. Move that enemy and then the ally up to 4 squares toward the other without provoking attacks of opportunity. This ability ignores Force Immunity.)

(Variable Force Points) This group of Force Powers moves a target enemy and allied character towards each other. The enemy target must move before the targeted ally can move. This movement ignores terrain (except walls) and other characters, and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Both characters must end their move in a legal landing spot and take the shortest possible route towards the other targeted character. If multiple routes are tied for shortest, pick one. The acting character's controller decides which way to move the enemy. This ability ignores Force Immunity.

1. It ignores cover while targeting. Therefore, any Unique living enemy within Snoke's line of sight is a legal target.

2. Snoke must be able to "target" both an enemy and an ally to use Dark Link.

3. If the targeted enemy is defeated before being moved, the allied target does not get to move.

4. The Snoke player gets to move the targeted characters.

5. It's treated like Force Pull as Dark Link "pulls" an enemy towards one of your allies. The movement ignores terrain and characters, and doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. The targets must end their moves in a legal space and take the most direct route towards the other character.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:18:15 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Looks right. Is there a question there?

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't read the glossary and didn't realize it ignored terrain. Neat way to float someone over a pit.
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:53:10 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Looks right. Is there a question there?

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't read the glossary and didn't realize it ignored terrain. Neat way to float someone over a pit.

Yeah, I wanted to clarify Dark Link rules here.
The listed items are the main questions which came up during game play.
Snoke got a little sidelined during design while everyone focused on another character.
There were some last minute changes and a clear Dark Link glossary wasn't posted.
The above represents designer intent and how it was used during playtest.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:26:07 PM

yeah, that looks right. Only thing I would add is that each square of movement must be closer to the selected target, just like some of the other abilities (force push, etc)

Also didn't ever read the glossary so am sure I have played this incorrectly.