RegisterDonateLogin

Search your feelings. You know it to be Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2019 NW Ohio Regional Report (winner) Options
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:41:42 PM
Groups: Member

Took awhile to decide what squad to play. Laura had decided on her squad a few weeks before (saba squad) so I was still trying to figure it out. Looked at alot of different things, and finally settled on Maxed out Maidens to see if they still had the power to compete at the top level. Helps that they are one of my favorite squads and my favorite map to play them on (Jabba's Palace) was also legal for the event.

Arrived on Friday to make sure we got enough rest for the tourney. Got up early enough to grab some breakfast from the hotel before heading over to the tourney location. Bryan and mike beat us there so we talked shop for a bit until Shawn showed up and we got the games underway.

Maxed out Maidens

Atris
Thrawn
3x handmaidens
Veers
JAbba CL
Mas
R7
2x rodians
ugo

Played on Jabba's palace

Rd 1
Shawn and his Cad Bane, Assajj, BH squad with a mainline MTB
I won map, he set up on the outside leaving me in the room. With accurate, I was able to shoot through his stealth and got some early lines to take out some keldors. Then he didn't cloak up with assajj right away so I dropped 90 on her putting her in a bad spot. Rd 2 Shawn had gotten most of his guys hidden while I picked off a few more acts while keeping myself hidden as well. Rd 3 saw the end of the game as he failed to shoot through evades with a cad bane furious and I retaliated by taking out Cad. At that point Shawn conceded as the game was over. I think we had probably 40 mins to wait for the rest of the round to complete. I did a little looking around the store and scouted some of the other squads and certainly saw some stuff I didn't really want to face.
1-0 3pts

Rd 2
Mike and his 9000 BX droids.
He won map, so we played on Cantina. This was a very difficult game. Lots and lots of possible options both ways with him having 10 guys with intuition and me with swap. I powered up Atris the first 2 rounds and there wasn't a shot taken (so I wasted 2 force), then the action started to get going. I picked off a straggler and an act with one handmaiden, then later in the round, was able to take out one of the spotters and a sniper and stay hidden a little later. Had to swap in a rodian to let him get something, then tried to keep everyone out of LOS. Mike finally was able to set up his strategy at the end of the round by basing 2 handmaidens knowing I would win init and kill one, but being able to use the other one to kill a handmaiden. So we went back and forth for another couple rounds. I ended up swapping up Atris to take out a Bx. and at the end of time, I won but it was certainly tough. At time, he had 2 snipers and a spotter left and I had 1 handmaiden (almost dead), Atris (with some damage), and not much else as far as attackers left, but was ahead on points.
2-0 5pts

Rd 3
Lillian with her Vader of Lothal/Reylo/Aphra squad. We both had the same map so I don't recall who won. She set up on the inside while I approached from the outside. She used figrin dan to great effect and evaded like mad. I was able take out reylo without too much difficulty, but it took too long and Vader had systematically come all the way to my starting area (leaving handmaidens in his wake) and took care of the blue guy effectively ending the game. Not long after the game was over, however with Reylo and some other kills, I was able to get a point
2-1 6pts

Rd 4
Stephen with his newest incarnation of sith. I swapped around, shot, shot, shot some more, and before long he was very, very dead. Almost as bad as a matchup as my first round.
3-1 pts

Now had plenty of time to relax a bit while the other matches finished up. Got to finish looking around the shop and buy some dice and other stuff.

Top 4 ended up being Mike, Lillian, myself, and Timmer

Top 4
Rematch with Lillian
Same sides for setup, although this time I hid my commanders a little bit better. Lillian advanced a little different because of my change, and I was able to again take down reylo pretty early. This time however I kept the handmaidens farther away and when vader got down by my starting area I locked the door with R7 (shutting off my cunning, accurate, and swap for a bit). the next round she took out the handmaiden on the outside of the door, while I was busy on the other side setting setting up my defenses so I could open the door. let the door open and moved out Jabba and actually hit Vader but blocking up the door so he couldn't get around to the commanders, and couldn't get away without an AoO from Jabba. Killed Figrin Dan around this time finally as well. The next round, Lillian dropped Jabba, and then I moved in Mas adjacent and swapped in Atris who double attacked him, doing more damage. At this point Vader was out of Force and some shots from a handmaiden snuck through his shien, to finish him off. Aphra had already died, leaving just her few scrubs and the game was over.

Finals
Timmer with his Baras Sith squad
In round 1, I was able to get a line to wyyrlock and then after defeating him, could shoot one of his aggressive negotiations ladies to get rid of the aggressive negotiations. Next round positioned to take her out and kept trying for the better positioning. Rd 3 finally pushed tim out of gambit but he made the great play to come out and sith sorcery 2 handmaidens and my r7. I won the next init and put some hurting on aleema, while trying to keep people safe. Tim did take out a 2 handmaidens and some other fodder but by then it was too late for a comeback and I pushed over 200 with gambit.

juice man
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:54:30 AM

Handmaidens.

So much fun to play against.Angry Sad

Congrats!
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:54:14 PM

you were missed by all juiceman.

Hope you can make it out next time
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:33:04 PM

Well played against some very tough squads . . . Congratulations Jason!
jak
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 6:34:03 AM

juice man wrote:
Handmaidens.

Congrats!

I took OR Handmaidens to the top 8 back in 2012, they still compete at the top.

it's the Accurate Shot that makes this squad so lethal.
plus +15 for 30 dmg, 2X, twin!
you can kill almost anyone you seeBigGrin
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:49:21 AM

2-1 our game Jason...like 150 you 115 me
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:46:40 AM

jak wrote:
juice man wrote:
Handmaidens.

Congrats!

I took OR Handmaidens to the top 8 back in 2012, they still compete at the top.

it's the Accurate Shot that makes this squad so lethal.
plus +15 for 30 dmg, 2X, twin!
you can kill almost anyone you seeBigGrin

We missed you and joe. Hope you can make the next one