RegisterDonateLogin

Wars not make one great. (But Bloo Milk does.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Ruling Questions (Part 4) Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 4:50:22 PM
Groups: Member

Built up a lot more questions I would like some clarification on. I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Question #1: I want to clarify if Darth Vader, The Dark Lord's (the 100 cost one) commander effects allows him to bring in any 2 characters with trooper in their name and place them adjacent to him from outside the game like free reserves or if its just simply a movement based commander effect and just allows you to move 2 trooper characters within 6 squares adjacent to him. Its probably that one as the free reserves sounds too powerful but I just wanted to be sure.

Question #2: This one is for a custom character I am using that's not from the V-sets but I am hoping the ruling can still be made for it. This Jyn Erso has a commander effect that states: "Rouge One allies gain Noble Sacrifice." If she were defeated, could Rouge One allies still use Noble Sacrifice because of her defeat or do they lose it since she was defeated and can now no longer give it to them? Which comes first?

Question #3: When PRINCESS LEIA uses her commander effect to allow one rebel follower within 6 to make one immediate attack at +4 attack and +10 Damage, if they have twin attack, do both attacks get +4 attack and +10 damage or only the first attack and then the twin attack no longer gets the bonuses.

Question #4: Does Soresu Style Mastery block damage from things like missiles or grenades with a successful save of 11?

Question #5: Can Lightsaber Defense block damage from things like missiles or grenades with a successful save of 11?

Question #6: If IMPERIAL OFFICER from Rebel Storm uses his commander effect to allow a follower to make an immediate attack, can they use things like Missiles or grenades?

Question #7: If I have YODA from Clone Strike and a follower of mine gets hit by an attacker who can use missiles twice; am I allowed to reroll both attempts of those 2 missile attacks if I lets say fail both? Or am I only allowed to reroll the first one and not the second one if I fail that one too? Because the commander effect says I can reroll each failed save roll but only once. Why is it worded like this if its not possible to run two of this kind of Yoda anyway? Or is this also implying that I can't spend a force point to reroll failed save rolls once I have used Yoda's commander effect?

Question #8: Does Damage Reduction work if the opponent uses Concentrate all Fire Power from Ackbar?

Question #9: If a character "gains" an ability from a commander effect or something else like Camaraderie and then they are defeated, character lose the abilities that were gained from those commanders being present right? Because thats how I understand it and have been playing that way from the start but now wanted to be really sure as "gain" to me at least means that they should treat it as those allies now gaining that ability as if it was now on their card forever. But I am guessing it only counts this way if the commander effect or Camaraderie says they gain this bonus for the rest of the skirmish, am I right?

Question #10: Does Major General Veers' commander effect go through things like Evade and Diplomat? What else can it go through? The one that says "Whenever an allied trooper combines fire against a target within 6 squares of it, the attack cannot be prevented or redirected."

Question #11: When using Princess Leia, Hoth Commander and her commander effect that states "Whenever a non-Unique ally would be defeated, with a save of 16, it instead immediately returns to play with full Hit Points". If I successfully use it to revive a defeated follower who was already activated before he was defeated, does he return to play no longer activated? Also does he return to play where he was defeated or back to the starting point?

Question #12: Can Override override another Override? Like lets say an R2-D2 on my team uses Override on a door to keep it closed and then the next turn my opponent also has R2-D2, can they use their Override to open that door that I wanted to keep closed?

And thats all the questions I have built up this time. Thanks so much again and I look forward to seeing the answers.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 6:36:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. You don't get to add any troopers; you can place 2 troopers (within 6 squares) which are already in play adjacent to Vader.

2. Once she is defeated, her commander effect doesn't affect your characters anymore, so Rogue One allies lose Noble Sacrifice. The wording doesn't give Noble Sacrifice to herself, only to allies, so unless she has Noble Sacrifice on her card, no one gets an attack when she dies.

3. Only the first attack.

4. No, only damage directly from attacks.

5. No, only damage directly from attacks.

6. No, they can only make an attack.

7. You can reroll both saves with the commander effect if you fail them. The wording means that if you fail the save and then fail the reroll, you can't reroll again with the commander effect (even though you "failed a save" again).

8. If you use Concentrate All Firepower and two or more allies combine fire, Damage Reduction can't reduce the damage taken.

9. Usually, characters lose abilities and other bonuses gained through an ally's special abilities if that ally is defeated. However, Camaraderie is an exception to this rule and lasts for the whole skirmish regardless of whether the ally is defeated. Other special abilities, like Specialization or Force Bond, do not affect your squad anymore if the character with them is defeated. Commander effects work the same way unless they say "for the rest of the skirmish" or "until the end of the skirmish".

10. It does prevent abilities which reduce or prevent damage like Evade from being used. However, it does not allow you to attack a character with Diplomat, as a Diplomat cannot be targeted or attacked if the conditions of Diplomat are fulfilled. Veers' commander effect allows you to attack a Diplomat if another ally combines fire, but does not allow you to target the enemy in the first place, so you need a way to ignore the targeting step (such as Lightsaber Sweep, which doesn't target).

11. The character goes back to the setup area. Apart from its hit points (restored to full) and its position, its status remains the same, so if it is activated it remains activated and if unactivated it remains unactivated.

12. Yes, you can Override a door currently affected by another character's Override.
BZNintendo
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:02:39 PM
Groups: Member

Thank you for clearing all that up gandalfthegreatestwizard.