RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you a wonderful human being.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2020Hutt100: The first Save11 Event of 2020! Options
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 1:17:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yo.

Last night we kicked off our year with a fun 100pt blast - the 2020Hutt100! After our first event of the season (last October's Integrated Tournament HaweraCon), we wanted to kick off or year with some awesomeness. We had two extra rules: Your 100pt squad had to include one 20pt piece (2020, y'all!) and you didn't bring a map - instead we drew them randomly from a pile of 21 current and former restricted list maps. (Although, I accidentally included two Anchorheads, and I also accidentally included at odd non-Restricted map... they all look so similar...!)

We had 12 combatants running a variety of cool, including a new player - William - who kinda shook the box and out fell a squad! Here they are:
AlexCR (Sith) running Sheev/Stryfe/Amanoa/R7/2xUggies
Fynn (Mandalorian) running Kelborn/Shae/RallyMaster/Blizz
Graham (Old Republic) running ArkanianJG/Malak/2xORtroops/Uggie
Gus (Republic) running Tarpals/Blizz/Boushh/2xCTflames/R2/3xUggies
Hone (New Republic) running CorranHornJediBadass/Elessar/KlatCapt/Kneesa
Ian (Rebel) running KyleRH/AELeia/Jan/Rieekan/3xUggie/Killik
Joe (Old Republic) running RaanaTey/CovenantHand/Q'Anilla/Krynda/CovSentinel
Kezza (Separatist) running DurgeSpeeder/Droideka/Bxinfil/Droopy
Paul (Sith) running Bane/Amanoa/2xOrdnan/Recruit
PaulMat (Fringe) running Rakghoul/Elbee/ZayneJL/Amanin/Bith
Will (Old Republic) running ArkanianJG/3xORtroops/2xAOLtroops
William (Imperial) running BlizzarForce/SandtrooperOff/FirstOrderOff/Sandtrooper/Raxus/Stormtrooper

We played three rounds of 40 minute games with only two games going to time. Here are the results:

ROUND ONE:
Kezza beat William 110-39 [3-0] on Commander's Base (DurgeSpeeder/Droideka/Bxinfil/Droopy beats BlizzarForce/SandtrooperOff/FirstOrderOff/Sandtrooper/Raxus/Stormtrooper)
Paul beat PaulMat 100-26 [3-0] on Freight Transit Station (Bane/Amanoa/2xOrdnan/Recruit beats Rakghoul/Elbee/ZayneJL/Amanin/Bith)
Graham beat Fynn 100-33 [3-0] on Jedi Praxeum (ArkanianJG/Malak/2xORtroops/Uggie beats Kelborn/Shae/RallyMaster/Blizz)
Joe beat Hone 100-37 [3-0] on Anchorhead (RaanaTey/CovenantHand/Q'Anilla/Krynda/CovSentinel beats CorranHornJediBadass/Elessar/KlatCapt/Kneesa)
Will beat Gus 100-20 [3-0] on Anchorhead (ArkanianJG/3xORtroops/2xAOLtroops beats Tarpals/Blizz/Boushh/2xCTflames/R2/3xUggies)
Ian beat AlexCR 97-41 [2-0] on Throne Room (KyleRH/AELeia/Jan/Rieekan/3xUggie/Killik beats Sheev/Stryfe/Amanoa/R7/2xUggies)

ROUND TWO:
Paul beat Kezza 110-15 [3-0] on Starport Terminal (Bane/Amanoa/2xOrdnan/Recruit beats DurgeSpeeder/Droideka/Bxinfil/Droopy)
Gus beat PaulMat 115-31 [3-0] on Imperial Plaza (Tarpals/Blizz/Boushh/2xCTflames/R2/3xUggies beats Rakghoul/Elbee/ZayneJL/Amanin/Bith)
Joe beat Will 110-47 [3-0] on Asteroid Base (RaanaTey/CovenantHand/Q'Anilla/Krynda/CovSentinel beats ArkanianJG/3xORtroops/2xAOLtroops)
AlexCR beat Hone 105-50 [3-1] on Royal Militia HQ (Sheev/Stryfe/Amanoa/R7/2xUggies beats CorranHornJediBadass/Elessar/KlatCapt/Kneesa)
William beat Fynn 100-33 [3-0] on Offworld Shipping Center (BlizzarForce/SandtrooperOff/FirstOrderOff/Sandtrooper/Raxus/Stormtrooper beats Kelborn/Shae/RallyMaster/Blizz)
Graham beat Ian 100-65 [3-1] on Rebel Fortress (ArkanianJG/Malak/2xORtroops/Uggie beats KyleRH/AELeia/Jan/Rieekan/3xUggie/Killik)

ROUND THREE:
Gus beat Fynn 115-3 [3-0] on Crime Lord's Palace (Tarpals/Blizz/Boushh/2xCTflames/R2/3xUggies beats Kelborn/Shae/RallyMaster/Blizz)
Graham beat Kezza 100-20 [3-0] on Pirate's Moon (SW) (ArkanianJG/Malak/2xORtroops/Uggie beats DurgeSpeeder/Droideka/Bxinfil/Droopy)
Joe beat Paul 103-47 [3-0] on Rhen Var (RaanaTey/CovenantHand/Q'Anilla/Krynda/CovSentinel beats Bane/Amanoa/2xOrdnan/Recruit)
AlexCR beat William 35-15 [2-0] on Cloud City (Sheev/Stryfe/Amanoa/R7/2xUggies beats BlizzarForce/SandtrooperOff/FirstOrderOff/Sandtrooper/Raxus/Stormtrooper)
Will beat Ian 115-50 [3-1] on Great Library (ArkanianJG/3xORtroops/2xAOLtroops beats KyleRH/AELeia/Jan/Rieekan/3xUggie/Killik)

The end of Round Three gave us our two finalists and here's how everyone stacked up after Swiss:
1. Joe [Old Republic] 9pts, 3-0
2. Graham [Old Republic] 9pts, 3-0
3. Paul [Sith] 6pts, 2-1
4. Will [Old Republic] 6pts, 2-1
5. Gus [Republic] 6pts, 2-1
6. AlexCR [Sith] 5pts, 2-1
7. Ian [Rebel] 4pts, 1-2
8. Kezza [Separatist] 3pts, 1-2
9. William [Imperial] 3pts, 1-2
10. Hone [New Republic] 1pts, 0-2
11. Fynn [Mandalorian] 0pts, 0-3
12. PaulMat [Fringe] 0pts, 0-2

FINAL:
Joe beat Graham 100-31 [3-0] on Rhen Var (RaanaTey/CovenantHand/Q'Anilla/Krynda/CovSentinel beats ArkanianJG/Malak/2xORtroops/Uggie)

Congrats to Joe/Gandalf for taking out the Hutt100 and Graham/Hutts for being our finalist. Next up for us is most likely HamilCon on the 22nd February (just awaiting final confirmation).

Stay awesome and have a great 2020!
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:30:08 PM
Groups: Member

I played OR Troopers * 2, with 26 point Malak, an Arkanian JG, and an Ugnaught. I found it a little boring to play - just a bunch of GMA attackers, although Malak has some cool tricks and giving the AJG Rolling Evade is very helpful.

Round 1 I played Fynn, who's only learned the game recently.

Round 2 I played Ian with Jan and Kyle. It was a terse game because I kept forgetting about Kyle's distraction. I was able to send Malak straight down the middle of the map to go after Rieekan. Once he died it was still close, but I was at least able to shoot Kyle without him evading everything.

Round 3 I played Kez. He had Durge but his random map system led to him getting a terrible map with lots of doors, so I was able to track Durge down with my melee. Durge made a crucial Jedi Mind Trick save, but I won the two key inits.

I was unbeaten so I played Gandalf in the final. The key moment came early when the Covenant Hand Lightsaber Assaulted and used Dark Temptation on the AJG. I failed my lightsaber defense save and he made his dark temptation save, so that was basically game. I probably should have protected the AJG better, as it's a sitting duck with all the bravado around. Congratulations to Gandalf - it's cool he's doing well with a sub-faction that noone else is playing. Raana is an amazing piece IMO - board-wide, non-CE Bravado is very strong.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2020 6:36:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I played Covenant: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/207947/handy 100--1st-place--2020hutt100
Krynda is I think a solid 20pt choice as very good init control, a Force battery, and minor auto-damage dealer. I went with the Covenant Hand instead of the Protector (as in my 200pt squad) as my main beatstick as he fits better at 100, and though he's risky with no defense and Dark Temptation, he did pretty well- he'd be even more solid with Arca Jeth FS for Renewal and LS Defense to go with his pseudo MOTF2.

Round 1 I played Hone with his Corran JM, Elassar and Klat Captain squad on Anchorhead. The Hand dropped 120 damage on Corran with a hit and a crit in the second round of the game, and then failed Dark Temptation so I killed it with Q'Anilia stealing the 25pts. Hone healed Corran with Elassar, but his fate was sealed and I killed Corran with a couple of pushes from Krynda and a hit from Q'Anilia and then mopped up the rest.

Round 2 I played Will with his Arkanian JG and OR Trooper squad on Asteroid Base. I made my move when he had already moved 2 of his OR Troopers in the round, running up and killing the third with the Hand and Q'Anilia. Will struck back with his Arkanian JG, but that left him vulnerable. I killed the General, taking the punch out of the rest of his squad, but Will still managed to take out Q'Anilia and the Hand before I won.

Round 3 I played Paul Moore with his Bane and Amanoa squad on Rhen Var. Amanoa stopped my Sentinel from moving rd 1 which was annoying, but I made the save with Raana in rd 2. Bane began by zapping my Hand with focused lightning, dropping him to 30hp. The Hand then ran in but only got 1 hit in (60dmg with Sith Hunter) before getting Djem So'd. Q'Anilia ran in and dropped 60 but also got Djem So'd and died, and then Raana managed to take out Bane. The rest was just mopping up of Amanoa since Raana was still in good health (Bane had failed the Djem So against her).

As Graham mentioned the key move in the final was running the Hand 14 with a force at the end of the round, then winning init (guaranteed with Krynda) and moving 6 more to try to take out the AJG. Unfortunately for Graham he failed his LS Defense save which I think was the most important roll of the game. I can imagine it would have been a walkover for Graham if he had made it and I had failed Dark Temptation (equally likely) had happened instead, and it would have been a far closer game if we had both made or both failed our saves.