RegisterDonateLogin

Is as precise as Imperial Stormtroopers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 20: Which squads/ sub-factions do you want to get new pieces? Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2019 2:02:15 PM
Groups: Member

This is not a discussion thread.
Please use this link if you're wanting to have a conversation about the state of the game or ways to improve it.

We need a list of squads players want to receive additional support.
Let designers know where to focus design for new characters that players want and will see table time.

You're welcome to suggest any new abilities/CEs or unmade Star Wars characters.
However, much can be achieved with our thousands of current abilities/CEs and we've covered a majority of the more wanted unmade characters. So I'm putting a different focus on this request list.

Playing in 4-5 Regionals and the GenCon Championship every year I've noticed players (including myself) repeatedly bringing favorite squads (or updated versions) to competitive events. Often these squads are tier 2 with little chance of competing against established tier 1 squads.

1. If you could win GenCon with any squad . . . what squad would it be?

2. List your favorite "fun" squads to play. (These squads should probably never be tier 1)

3. Which sub-faction(s) do you want to get additional support?

4. List in order the tier 2 squad(s) you play on a regular basis that you'd like to compete at a tier 1 level.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2019 2:04:07 PM

1. Some cool Sith squad consisting of a couple Unique Sith with several Sith troopers.

2. Gloomwalkers; Sith Meditation Sphere. (Probably an NPE if they were too good)

3. First Order; Nightsisters; Killiks; Thugs; Pirates

4. First Order; Black Sun; Covenant; Jedi Crusaders; Antarian Rangers; OR Troopers; NR Pilots

Character Suggestions:
Sidon Ithano, The Crimson Corsair (Pirate Commander)
Grand Moff Odile Vaiken (Sith Trooper Commander)
kiki
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2019 4:02:37 PM

1. Ewok Swarm Squad or Gungan Squad

2. Unique Rebels (Ghost Crew/Rogue One/OG Heroes)

3. Imperial pilots. There is huge potential with Jagged Fel, GARY, Daala and a Klat Captain but there's no imperial pilots that could compete in today's competition. (Or so I think.)

4. Not too sure what counts as tier 1 or tier 2

To add on a character suggestion, I'd love a good ~30 point costed Vader. The only thing we have close to that is Lothal who needs 100 Palps to bring him down.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2019 5:49:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. An OR or NR Jedi squad.

2. The Father, Gungans, Ewoks, Lord Krayt, non-Unique Rebels.

3. Galactic Alliance, Covenant, Black Sun, Killiks, Hutt Cartel, Gloom Walkers, Green Jedi, Pirates, Imperial Knights, Hand of Judgement, Wraith Squadron, Chiss, Lost Tribe, Mandalorian Protectors, Neo-Crusaders, Noghri, Army of Light, Sith Mutants, Zann Consortium, ARC Troopers. (Does that narrow it down enough? haha)

4. Galactic Alliance, V16's Revan, Covenant, NR Pilots, NR Jedi.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2019 6:46:42 PM

awesome

DarkDracul wrote:

2. List your favorite "fun" squads to play. (These squads should probably never be tier 1)

4. List in order the tier 2 squad(s) you play on a regular basis that you'd like to compete at a tier 1 level.

1. Any squad with a powerful force user that greatly impacted the entire universe.

2. Mastermind and Vader
Vitiate, a few shooters, some tech
Rebel nostalgia (Luke HoH, princess Leia, Han Smuggler, etc)

3. Subfactions: Imperial Knights, A new Krayt and his hands
would love to see a "jedi council" subfaction spring up or like a jedi task force
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:54:10 PM

Great thread idea!

Quote:

-Something completely unexpected

Quote:

-Yaddle lead squads (love to see more Jedi that qualify for her goodies, or boost the ones that do),
-Shamed Ones (but more for the warriors and actually attacking, not just hoards of uber defense poison spitting 3pters

Quote:

-Death Watch (especially to play with Bo-Katan to make pure Death Watch - we need a death watch piece with blaster upgrade or that give Death Watch NU twin)
-OR covenant (but only Uniques. NUs are fine)
-OR troopers and soldiers (specifically to play with the Arkanian Jedi General)
-Geonosians (but not drone bombs. Stuff to make the soldiers, elites, and sonic canon playable. Give Geos accurate? Geo canon shot? Attack boost? Etc.)
-Pirates (or NU smugglers and scoundrels to play with Booster Terrik. Could also just be new pieces with Tenacious)
-NR Wraiths pilots!
-Rogue One
-Something pure fringe without Karrde, Hutt Cartel or Black Sun?

Quote:

-Venku Skirata based Mandos. He is SO FUN!!!
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2020 1:04:02 AM

- Huges (second place to low activation squads like 2-4 characters)

-question is a bit confusing as not sure why tier 1 sqauds can't be fun, but reserves are by far the most fun for me. Followed by low activation beats (Grievous/Dooku, Palps/Vader, Father squads)

- Huges need an overwatch ability, Geonosians need their queen, Imperial Knights need their Empress, Dark Troopers need NK-1 Necrosis or Droid versions of Grievous, Sith Droids need everything, droidekas need shields they work

- reserves, battle Droid swarms, Ghost Crew, and if I'm being generous on an open map: Huges
harryg
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:09:12 PM

-Definitely either Sith or Republic Force users; there is just so much variety here that I will never stop loving the different combinations one can do
-Reserves Squads are fun; I love a Republic Reserves build but it's unfortunate that Wuher kind of nerfs Kazdan squads; I kind of feel like that wasn't his original intention and now that the 2 point Mouse wall isn't a problem it just seems like a relic.
- Bigger Separatist Droids are fun and I love the variety but I'd love to see options just as viable as the newer Snail Droid (the one with Mount 2 and Dual Weapon Use); there are a lot of fun pieces such as the Scorponek and the newer Octuptarra, for example, that I think it overshadows. I'd love to see remakes for some of the older Droids such as the Crab Droid (bubble wort projector?) and the Homing Spider Droid as well.
-I think Order 66 squads have been moving in the right direction and I love Cody CC-2224 and pieces like the very new Taun We to keep boosting them; they're quite fun as well.

- I love love LOVE the Hutt Cartel. I think the designers have been hitting it out of the park with this sub-faction and expanding this sub-faction as opposed to making more Fringe pieces meant to synergize more with Talon is a better realization of Fringe as a pure faction in my opinion; I think of Jabba the Hutt when I think of the ringleader of Fringe and this just makes sense. There are so many ways to expand as well; an Ephant Mon remake (I'd like to do SOMETHING with that sculpt and what better time, lol), Hermi Odle, something with the B'omarr monks, there are so many characters that could be made.