RegisterDonateLogin

No rogue is more charismatic than this gambler and soldier of fortune.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Crime Lord Question Options
harryg
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:46:55 PM
Groups: Member

Would the +2 Defense from, say, Dryden Vos' Crime Lord, stack with the Hutt Cartel Kajiidi on Hoversled's Crime Lord for a +6 Defense? My initial thought would be that they do not because they are the same ability but they are two different "kinds" of Crime Lord persay so I thought it was worth asking. Apologies if this has been asked before.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:50:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

They would not. The same name ability doesn't stack unless it says so explicitly (e.g. Extra Attack). Rapport is another exception that stacks with itself. That exception is spelled out in the glossary of Rapport, and it requires that the Rapport instances be different. That's probably what you're thinking of for Crime Lord, but that rule is specifically for Rapport.
harryg
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:31:19 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
They would not. The same name ability doesn't stack unless it says so explicitly (e.g. Extra Attack). Rapport is another exception that stacks with itself. That exception is spelled out in the glossary of Rapport, and it requires that the Rapport instances be different. That's probably what you're thinking of for Crime Lord, but that rule is specifically for Rapport.

Thanks for the reply. I think I was subliminally thinking about Rapport, so the clarification helps.