RegisterDonateLogin

Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Large Mos Eisley Tatooine Terrain Set Complete Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:14:19 PM
Groups: Member

Here is my fully finished Mos Eisley terrain set. Built to be as accurate to movie screenshots as possible while still having full playability. All iconic buildings from the movie screenshots were made (last images are of the official movie screenshot of Mos Eisley). See if you can spot all of them based on the image.

▪️ All roofs can be removed and for taller buildings, the sides of the buildings can be removed for easy access of miniatures inside.

▪️ All buildings have sliding or flip open doors.

▪️ All multi-level buildings have stairs that miniatures can be placed and secured in to get to the next level of the building.

▪️ Ladders can hold miniatures by their bases so they stay put on them as they climb up.

▪️ All interior layouts (besides the Cantina) were made up and built in a way to accommodate balanced and fun game play.

▪️ Jabba Sail Barge also floats above the city and its sides can be removed too for interior play.

All scratch built and its all light weight but sturdy at the same time.

If you wanna see more close up images, battle reports, and future terrain progress images then follow my Instagram where I post all that:

https://www.instagram.com/starminiwars/

Main Reference photo that all this was based on:

Second Reference photo with the focus on the Dowager Queen ship:

FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:57:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Absolutely amazing. This deserves to be admired at gencon if you're willing to haul it there.
BZNintendo
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:19:58 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
Absolutely amazing. This deserves to be admired at gencon if you're willing to haul it there.

I would certainly like to and was planning on doing so this year but with how things are going I have had to cancel my Gen Con plans of going. Plus I was still unable to get in contact with anyone in charge of hosting events there for star wars miniatures which is unfortunate. Hopefully next year if things get better by then I would love to bring as many of my terrain sets as I can to Gen Con and host a game on each one.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:47:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BZNintendo wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

I would certainly like to and was planning on doing so this year but with how things are going I have had to cancel my Gen Con plans of going. Plus I was still unable to get in contact with anyone in charge of hosting events there for star wars miniatures which is unfortunate. Hopefully next year if things get better by then I would love to bring as many of my terrain sets as I can to Gen Con and host a game on each one.

I remember meeting you at GenCon last year, and I'm pretty sure Jason and James were also there when I met you.

James is the one who actually does the official work to coordinate with GenCon for us, but he almost never reads/posts on bloomilk. Sometimes he posts the GenCon event list, but that's about it - and half the time Jason even does that part.

Jason - contact him about this!

Hopefully you'll have a PM from urbanjedi soon.