RegisterDonateLogin

Is your father.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Have we talked about what a horribly designed piece see-threepio is lately? Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 7:09:40 PM
Groups: Member

It needs to remain a topic because it is.

still won the game, but couldn't finish it off because of FOUR STRAIGHT ROUNDS of that cloaked crap.

One was even on an AoO. ADJACENT! IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER INCLUDED ADJACENT ATTACKS!!!

Such an NPE

OK - that is all for now
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 8:04:06 PM

Laughing as I write - btw.

I mean, I really do hate the piece, but whatever
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:25:57 PM

Remind me when we post suggestions for the Balance Committee.

I agree it should not include AoOs or adjacent attacks. I think it should have been Stealth or Cloak w/6.
The only reason players don't complain much about Threepio is that he gatekeeps shooters and isn't overplayed.

harryg
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:05:30 PM

LOL! I agree that there is no logical reason that missing an attack of opportunity on an adjacent piece should give an entire team Cloaked for a round, and especially at 500 the piece is kind of absurd
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 11:58:32 AM

I agree with this...and Threepio is one of the significant factors in my GenCon Championship win with my Prison Break squad, several years ago. The Cloak-on-a-miss ability is quite simply too powerful. I think giving out Cloaked is fine in itself because that's a good (and much-needed) shooter-counter. However, I think it should probably be limited to unique allies within 3 or even 6 of him...certainly not boardwide. And yes, it should also only trigger on attacks from non-adjacent enemies.

TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:01:18 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
The only reason players don't complain much about Threepio is that he gatekeeps shooters

I agree that is why many players don't complain (or like him). The funny thing is that he is also and EXCELLENT melee counter. He almost singlehandedly allowed me to beat a Vader of Lothal and 100pt Palpatine squad. I stuck him in a 1 door wide door and they couldn't get past him. I also shut off Palps CE when he was adjacent. It was hilariously stupid how a 12 pt character could nerf 2/3 of a top tier squad. (Then of course all there cloaked garbage and they didn't have a prayer)