RegisterDonateLogin

Unlikely to lead to fear, anger, hate or suffering.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Miniverse podcast, episode #2 Options
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:46:45 AM
Groups: Member

Hello fellow gamers!

Star Wars Miniverse (or SWMv for short), a new podcast devoted to the magic of the SWM skirmish game, continues with a brand new show.

In Episode 2, we discuss some of the new abilities and force powers found in Jedi Academy. We also review three figures from the new set. Klecser (from the Wizards of the Coast forums) also joins us with some squad building suggestions.

See our website to download and subscribe to the podcast and see what else we've got to share.
http://web.mac.com/markandjill/iWeb/SW%20Miniverse

You may also subscribe on iTunes (or other provider):
feed://web.me.com/markandjill/SW_Miniverse/Star_Wars_Miniverse/rss.xml

Note: You can do a search on iTunes for Star Wars Miniverse. There still seems to be an issue with iTunes. If you have subscribed through iTunes before, the episode is not appearing. A recent upgrade in software appears to be causing the problem. Try subscribing manually using the link above or through our website. Sorry for the problem.

Yes, we do want your involvement. Let us know what topics you want covered, give us feedback on how we're doing, request to be a guest, send in a written or mp3 contribution, etc.

Email us at swminiverse@gmail.com

Happy gaming!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:12:58 AM

So, has the episode been released yet?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:15:52 AM

Excuse me and my noobishness, I didn't read the fine print about the previous download thing.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:00:42 PM

OK, I've seen the podcast. It lived up to the high standards set by the first one. I especially liked the JA overview segment; good job there. One thing I didn't like as much was Klescer's segment, which I thought covered all the bases but was overly basic. Overall, though, if you keep making episodes of this quality, I will be entertained for a long time.
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:19:44 AM

Glad you liked it. We're enjoying it and looking forward to doing this for quite some time. That is, as long as people are listening. ThumpUp And thanks to everyone for making that extra effort this time to get the 'cast while we fix the technical issues.

While I understand your comments about Klecser's segment, please understand:
-- We have a variety of listeners: long-time competitive players to seasoned casual players to just-got-in-the-game players. We are trying to have something for everyone. An intro to squad building can be a good reminder (seasoned) or good starting point (new).
-- We limited him on time; there is much much more that can be covered but not within 10 minutes. I think he did a fine job giving a good overview of squad building within that restriction. Future contributions can get into more specifics.

We do appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions we use. Unfortunately we cannot include everyone everytime; otherwise the show could become hours long. [We don't think you want to hear us that much. BigGrin ] So some contributions (including one from someone you may know Wink ) may be bumped back. For example, #3 should have what we think is a more time-sensitive segment. And, no, it's NOT some major announcement. We may wish we were connected with Wizards (nudge, nudge, wink, wink to the WotC crew), but we're not.

Thanks again for the feedback, spread the word that we're here, and have fun with the game.
Chargers
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 8:02:57 AM

Mark asked me to post this:

Again, thanks to everyone for your patience while I sorted through our iTunes issues. Unfortunately, the podcast was deleted from iTunes. The good news is that it has been resubmitted and accepted.

If you would like to submit through iTunes, you can search for our show under Star Wars Miniverse or go to it directly using this link.

If you prefer to subscribe manually, the feed can be found at:
http://web.me.com/markandjill/SW_Miniverse/Star_Wars_Miniverse/rss.xml

Those who subscribed directly through our website should not notice any difference with their subscription.

Thank you again for your patience.
BountyHunterH
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:04:21 PM

I had another thought. How about best pieces in certain point ranges by the main factions? Say 0-10, 11-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61+.

I was just wondering especially in the lower point value sections.

I'm looking forward to your next cast.

BountyHunterH