RegisterDonateLogin

Discover an incredible smell.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2020 California SWM Regional Championship July 26 Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 11:42:44 PM
Groups: Member

Greetings from Korriban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The battle must go on!!!!!!!!!!

The Sith are rising once again, seething with raw, electrified, Force lightning energy, to announce, that there will be a SWM 200pt constructed California Regional Championship on Sunday, July 26, 2020, 11:00am, at Bryann's house, located in Los Angeles, CA! Myself and the guys in the Los Angeles area, are honored to host this years event for the 10th year in a row! We welcome everyone on the West Coast, California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, or anywhere else that wants to participate. This event will follow all the current competition rules set forth by the previous leader, Wizards of the Coast, to the updates our new leaders of the SWM community have ruled. Still holding strong, SWM Gamers, which as everyone knows by now, have now released 18 phenomenal new virtual sets, plus many micro sets! Please join us in battle as we slash, Force push, Force blast, Force lightning, grip, pull, Sith sorcery, whirlwind, Thought bomb, blast, grenade, missles, flame thrower, pulse cannon, atlatyl, plasma eel, blastbug, razorbug, and thud bug the day away. We look forward to seeing everyone there............................May the Force be with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryann's house

Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ( for privacy )

Phone: xxxxxxxxxxx ( for privacy )

Format: 200pt Constructed

SWMGPA Floor Rules (2020 Version)

Legal Maps for this Regional will be the following Competitive Map List for 2019-20:

Port Authority
1. Cloud City
2. Off World Shipping
3. Starport Terminal
4. Anchorhead

Strongholds
1. Rhen Var Citadel
2. Gangster's Vault
3. Great Library
4. Rebel Fortress aka Modular Base

Start Time: 11:00am Start Time (Registration starts at 10:30am- Please be on time )

$5 Registration Fee for prize support

PS
We will be playing outside on tables in his backyard, out in the great outdoors, for fresh air, and optimum health safety precautions. Please remember to bring a mask or facial covering. Thank you!
ConnorKenobi
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 4:15:45 PM

6 Participants: Standings after swiss
DarthMaim: 3-0, 8 pts.
(Vong - Nom, Vong Jedi Hunters, Quah)
James: 2-1, 7 pts.
(NR - Kol Skywalker, Col. Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo Felt, Vergere)
Ricky: 2-1, 6 pts.
(Imp - Sidious, Vader of Lothal, Death Trooper, BB-9E, TK-421, Imp Digs)
ConnorKenobi: 1-2, 3 pts.
(OR - Revan, Malak, Ven Zallow, Kao Cen, Satele)
Jeremy: 1-2, 2 pts.
(Sith - Ajunta, Vader of Scarif, Sheev Palp, Baras)
Bryann: 0-3
(Rep - Yoda of Geonosis, Scorch, Sev, Boss, Fixer)
ConnorKenobi
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 4:17:56 PM

After first round of playoffs
DarthMaim over ConnorKenobi
James over Ricky

DarthMaim vs James in Final
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:17:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I love that it's six different factions.
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:35:37 PM

Final!

Darthmaim over James, in a hard fought, bloody to the last mini battle!!!!!!!! I'll post my squad and play report asap ThumpUp
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:20:08 PM

Okie dokie. Just finished cooking dinner and eating with my wife and kids. Here's my 2020 CA regional championship squad. I will try and type up a report next. It's late here on the West coast, so I may have to finish tomorrow. I'll start writing some now Cool

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/204195/vonggie-style-reloaded
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 12:48:35 AM

Summary, - the hazy details of my mid-life brain Confused

1st rnd:

I played vs James and his ridiculous NR Sarlacc Pit squad! I never knew how annoying that thing was! I won map so we played on Rhen Var. He takes right side. He starts Sarlacc in gambit blocking a main way in. With Battle rdy, I'm in gambit rd 1 also, but taking dmg as I enter, which I don't mind ( Scarification ). As he tried to take his guys through the middle, it gave me the edge in rnd 2.

Rnd 2, I unleash on the filthy pit!

Sorry, fast forward to the end;

After 5 rnds, I take out Col Jacen Solo and the Sarlacc ( Jaina Solo Fel parries everything, ugggh! ) and he takes out 3 Jedi hunters. Final score 130-100. 2 pt victory. 1-0.

2nd Round:

I played Jeremy's Sith Baras squad. This was a lopsided Jedi-hunter bbq. He won map but chose my map. I set-up right side. He sent his dudes into the room from the top, but sent Vader down by himself to try and make a run for my commanders in my starting area. Luckily, I left a jedi hunter partially back, in case of any Sith shenanigans. He made a mistake and I was able to base and dmg. Then in winning init, I clubbed Vader's head off with cunning and jedi-hunter. The rest of the way was downhill for the Sith. Final score 239-20. 3 pts. 2-0.

3rd Round:

I played ConnorKenobi's OR Revan squad. He won map, so we played on Offworld Shipping. I chose left side. Rnd 1, I easily have my main dudes lounging in gambit, thanks to Battle rdy and cruising into the room. Rnd 2, he opens the door and Satele cunnings the crap out of a Jedi-hunter, then chillin, after making her parries. Then Kao Cen Darach, Jedi Battlemaster, finishes the job! Doh, I forgot that Satele and Kao, were being disrupted from Nom, but forgot to negate their quick strikes Sad. Then he goes after Nom, to take out Disruptive. Succeeds in that, but anyways, Satele started missing her parries, and the 3 remaining Jedi hunters made quick work of the Jedis, adding more kill notches on their battle club/staffs, in a few rnds or so. 241-125. 3 pts. 3-0.

Playoffs:

ConnorKenobi rematch: Ouch time! More Jedi's to club a 2nd time. I win map roll. Rhen Var time. He chooses right side, and sends his dudes up the middle. I'm again in the gambit room 1st rnd. Gotta love Battle rdy! 2nd rd, I move the Jedi Hunter conga line, to block his entry into the gambit room. Satele leaps into the room, to take out Nom again but again the dice Gods are not in her favor, and her parries come up short. The blockage at the door, allowed only 2 of his dudes to engage at a time, and Revan and Ven, and the gang, are just not up to all this Jedi hate. On to the final!

Final:

Rematch against James' NR Sarlacc Pit squad. Uggh. Again this annoying pit monster. I win the map roll again! Thank you dice Gods! He sets up right again. This time, he has a good plan to divide my 4 hunters. He sends Defense Beacon Kol up the top way, to go after my command bunker. Luckily, I left a couple Jedi Hunters back midway, in case of any NR shenanigans. The other 2 went to deal with the Sarlacc. As they were rolling 2 and 3's against the pit monster, and Jaina Solo Fel was cunning the crap out of 1 of them and then he missed his clamp save from the Sarlacc, and he was toast. Thankfully the other Jedi hunter, with the help of his late buddy, took out the Pit monster! Luckily the guys going against Defense beacon stud (who was trying to flank my commanders), took him out with some lucky crits. They quickly got back to help the 3rd Jedi hunter, who was running away as fast as he could from the onslaught of Col Jacen, Jaina Solo Fel, and Vergere. But he fell, as the last 2 hunters approached. Then, Jaina and Jacen slugged it out in the 2 square corridor with the 2 hunters, and were able to take out a 3rd hunter, however not before Jaina missing a couple key parry saves, and these hunters were doing 40 or 50 a pop! Stupid turncoat Vergere was healing from behind! The bloody battle ensued with only 1 Jedi hunter barely alive, and ded Jedi's all around. He then made quick work of brotherin' Vergere, and the true Vong team would prevail on this day! A really fun championship game, that could have gone the NR way, with a few critical parry save misses, and a couple lost initiatives in key situations, that swayed cunning in my favor.

It was a beautiful summer day in sunny southern Cali, with a nice cool breeze, in the great outdoors! We were chillin in the shade, wearing masks and playin' SW minis. It had been 5 months since we all picked up D20's and threw down, so it was an Epic day, in so many ways........................................................

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:34:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
Doh, I forgot that Satele and Kao, were being disrupted from Nom, but forgot to negate their quick strikes Sad.

Disruptive actually wouldn't have affected them anyway, since Revan gives it to them for the rest of the skirmish.
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:55:44 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Doh, I forgot that Satele and Kao, were being disrupted from Nom, but forgot to negate their quick strikes Sad.

Disruptive actually wouldn't have affected them anyway, since Revan gives it to them for the rest of the skirmish.

Good point! ConnorKenobi probably would have ignored Nom in both games then. Interesting. It certainly would have changed his strategy, and may have made it closer in our matches. He could have focused all attacks on the hunters. And in the second match, perhaps he wouldn't have leaped Satele into the Lions den to take out Nom, but his squad was bottlenecked out of the interior room, by my Jedi-hunter conga line. I'll reach out to him, and suggest a friendly rematch of our playoff game, for the fun of it. Thanks for pointing that out ThumpUp
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 7:01:58 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:

He and I are playing again tomorrow morning, just to see how it would play out for him, without having to worry about the threat of Disruptive. I'll post our results afterwards ThumpUp
ConnorKenobi
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:53:52 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/197624/quick-strike

Here's my team that I played in the regionals championship
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:24:09 PM

ConnorKenobi wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/197624/quick-strike

Here's my team that I played in the regionals championship

Ok, where do I start? How about by saying that there is a now a big asterisk *, by my CA regional championship win this year OMG

I come to type on this post with utter disbelief and an extreme state of confusion, from the humble pie that got "Force Pushed" down my throat, from the "%@&" whooping that just got handed to me today, not just once, but twice! Today, ConnorKenobi and I, "for Fun", replayed our 2 matches from Sunday, once on his map and once on mine, and I lost both matches, in no doubt about it fashion. Thanks to Gandalf, pointing out to Connor and I, that Connor's OR squad, doesn't lose "Quick Strike", due to Disruptive. After playing his "sick" OR squad, I feel like "Hicks" in "Aliens", after the Marines lost most of their platoon Scared Laugh

If there was a trophy, I would be driving over to your house right now buddy, handing it over to you! Maximum respect Connor! When I met you 14 yrs ago, in 2006, when you were 9 yrs old starting to play SWM, you were but the learner. Now at 23, I have to call you the Master. You have never beat me in "competition", and if we had played it right on Sunday, you officially would have! Well done sir. I look forward to facing you at next year's regional. You truly showed your skill, dertermination, and excellence in SWM, and you shined so brightly, on this fine summer day playing SWM!

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk