RegisterDonateLogin

Nothing keeps your activation count high like Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The ever-expanding role of the balance committee, and the need for an independent gameplay committee Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 7:58:03 AM
Groups: Member

The original mission of the balance committee was to errata pieces that were deemed too powerful.

Wow has that mission expanded.

I don't think it was an intentional power grab, or any bad intentions were involved. However, it is clear that many more things have been ruled by them, and things even further outside that are coming their way.

This has actually been brought up by multiple community members, so I thought I'd post it here so we can discuss it openly.

It seems like we need a separate, independent committee focused on gameplay needs. The two committees would of course not be in opposition, rather have different focuses.

Issues such are end of game conditions and how gambit functions are clearly not the same as errata for an overpowered piece.

How would players feel about that?
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 8:11:27 AM

Full disclosure I posted my suggestion for an end-of-game conditions change in the balance committee thread, knowing it was well outside their original mission, but just wanting to make it somehow "officially submitted', because we really don't have a proper place to submit such suggestions.

I was then contacted by multiple community members saying that it shouldn't be under their purview.

Thus I started this thread to get community input.
jak
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 9:34:41 AM

every time a piece is designed without proper play testing, your going to need to balance it.
do it before it's release release or after.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 9:40:34 AM

jak wrote:
every time a piece is designed without proper play testing, your going to need to balance it.
do it before it's release release or after.

Awesome - that's you volunteering to playtest - right?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 9:41:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Tim, I think the whole group of designers already serves that purpose - we don't need a separate committee.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2020 10:03:09 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Tim, I think the whole group of designers already serves that purpose - we don't need a separate committee.

Do we actually make rulings on these sorts of things? Those have been increasingly falling on the balance committee

Also kinda funny - you'd think the design team would be the ones ruling on errataing pieces.