RegisterDonateLogin

Is NOT a trap!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

=Squad Swap Tournament= : November 13th Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 4:50:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

UrbanShmi wrote:
I'll play. Haven't played in a while, should be fun.

Awesome!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 5:06:15 PM

6 players is definitely better than 5, but be aware of the oddities that can happen with 6 players. We'll play 3 rounds, but if nobody goes 3-0 then it'll come down to tiebreakers. Also, with 6 players, the winning squad isn't necessarily the one that wins the final round.

We'll play two rounds tonight, and the 3rd round will be up to the players. First round you'll use your own squad and there will be a swap in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If you have time tonight for a 3rd round, go for it. Otherwise, please schedule with your opponent to get your 3rd game in this week. I'll post squads and schedule in about 10 minutes.

Anyone else want to join in? Even though there would be a bye, 7 still works better than 6. And 8 works best of all.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 5:22:54 PM

Squads and first round pairings are posted at the top of this thread.

I forgot to mention it at the top post, but as usual the time limit for Vassal games will be 75 minutes.
Mando
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 5:28:00 PM
Groups: Member

i'll be on in a couple of minutes. need to download something to get vassal to run
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 8:47:10 PM

Round 3 has been posted. If you can play it tonight, feel free. If not, please play it some time this week. Mando vs tint will determine the player-winner. There are a few ways the squad-winner could go, but with 6 players in the tournament, things get a bit weird and we might even end up with the player-winner and squad-winner being the same person.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 10:04:58 AM

How the squad results could end up:

"Por que no los dos?" will win if it scores a point. It will have 7 points and the tiebreaker over "Fringe is the Way", which is the only other squad that can get to 7.

"Fringe is the Way" will win if it gets to 7 (needs a 3pt win) while Pqnld does not.

Pqnld is already at 6 points, and two other squads could get there. "Fringe is the Way" needs a 2pt win and "Maul's Malevolent Machinations" needs a 3-0 win in order to get to 6 while also keeping Pqnld at 6.

Tiebreakers if multiple squads are at 6:
* Pqnld over "Fringe is the Way"
* MMM over Pqnld
* "Fringe is the Way" over Pqnld
* If all 3 tie at 6 points, the 3 way tie goes to... I have to go double-check the tiebreaker rules. I'll do that if it comes to it.
Mando
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 7:33:13 PM

lost vs Tint. final score 224-107. Thereisnotry gets 3pt win and Mando gets 1pt loss.

Thereisnotry just out played me in placements and strategy and i lost Mira early which hurt. Fun match despite the loss and Trevor is a classy gent as always and helped me to understand how to use Talon squads a bit better. My track record with this Talon squads is kinda poor.....need to improve my game with them. Sorry TJ! Love your squad and it felt like the superior squad in this matchup but Ezra and Ahsoka with outactivations and a swap really messed me up big time.
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 7:41:45 PM

thereisnotry (Maul's Malevolent Machinations) 224...3pts
Mando (Por que no los dos?) 107...1pt

We played on Outlaw City, with Mando choosing to set up on the left. I was able to put 20dmg on Mira at the end of Round 1. Maul ate 90dmg from Boba in Round 2 and retaliated with a Force Push 4. I put some damage on Din Djarin with Ahsoka and swapped Ezra in to kill Mira. Mando at 110 hp and Boba at 70 to end the round. I lost the next initiative (didn't win one at all until it no longer mattered) and Boba tried to shoot Ezra, but he had his dancin' shoes on so he only took 1 hit out of 3. Boba took 40 more damage from Maul and later went down to the teamwork of Ahsoka and Rex. Ezra was a boss all game, but finally succumbed to the power of The Mando at the start of the next round. Maul put more damage onto The Mando and then died from Talon. Ahsoka and Rex were able to finish The Mando, which pretty much sealed the game. Talon and the Twilek went down the next round.

Killing Mira early was significant because that gave me 4 attackers to Mando's 2. Ezra's Distraction and Evade were a pain in the neck. It was fun to play a swap squad again!

FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 8:12:47 PM

Momentous beats Fringe is the Way on Throne Room. 202-165.

I brought in an MTB, Aqualish, Rodian, and Kneesaa. Kneesaa and Rodian were the first two rounds' MTB sacrifices. Third round was a Mouse. Then the Kel Dors started blowing up.

My bad setup almost lost the game in round 1. She got a long line of sight through 4 open doors on a Kel Dor next to the MTB. But the Kel Dor evaded two shots and Boba missed the 3rd. That would have been a quick end to the game if those shots went through.

One Kel Dor managed to base Mira, Talon, and Ghent. Talon and Mira walked away, taking AoOs. But then Ayy and an Aqualish killed Ghent while another Aqualish finished off Mira. That gave Lobot the ability to lock out the two big guns (Boba/Din). But he could only lock one door, and Din had used Environment Manipulation for Self Destruct. Din and Boba each went to a door, and Lobot couldn't keep them both out. Self Destruct and Durge took out Boba and Talon, but Boba and Din managed to whittle away most of the squad. At the end, Whorm at 40 and Durge at 20 took the last 10pts of gambit to go over 200. Din was still at 80hp.

Incidentally, Tim, this is a game where if we played to-the-death Din would have almost certainly won it. However, a rule change wouldn't have affected anything anyway because we were also out of time right when the Seps went over 200.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2020 8:16:15 PM

thereisnotry is the winning player - yet another tournament win for him - congrats!

Despite losing the last game, "Por que no los dos?" is the winning squad, so I took the squadbuilding title for this tournament. (Thanks for getting that point in the last round, Mando!)

Hopefully we'll be able to do another one in December and then a "Tournament of Champions" in January, using all the squad-winners from the fall. We'll have 5 Squad-Swap tournaments plus some traditional tournaments.