RegisterDonateLogin

Does anyone even read these?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rebel Droids Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 3:30:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I had attempted to create a competitive rebel droid squad and thought it a mediocre effort until I faced Mando last weekend, who fielded Dice Ibegon in his squad. I somehow overlooked this piece (or more likely, unlearned, what I had learned) and can't recall the existence of Rebel Conscription until that match. Rebel Conscription and Seethreepio allow any unique droid to become a rebel and subject to commander effects.

I'm not sure if the benefits of the Rebel Faction and CE's are more competitive than those of fringe pure build (probably not). But here is where I started.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221578/rebel-88

I've recreated this squad 10 times or so trying to find the perfect mix. I was hoping folks could give me some feed back or tell me how they'd attempt it. Here's my my thinking-

-I think IG-88A and Assassin are the best droids to use in this combo. 4-Lom+Zuck is a good option too, but I think the Shield 1 + Rieeken combo will be very potent.

-I think the base squad is Rieeken, Threepio, Dice, and the two IG's. From there, I can think of many combinations, and cant' figure out the best one. Most characters who synergize seem to only help IG Assassin, and I worry about "putting too many eggs in one basket". The base squad characters are about 75% of my squad, so that last 25% needs to help carry the game if I lose IG Assassin to focus fire.

-I prefer Artoo- makes threepio even better, boosts everyone's attack just enough to matter, and can potentially be a movement breaker as he is in my current build.

-I went for Luke because R2 and can move him, and he can move Assassin. Leia is cheap, potent in this build for 7 points, and also triggers with R2. Luke can do some damage and poses as a threat in addition to the IGs.

Other options I'm considering;

-Ghost Obi for luke instead of Leia.

-Lando Infiltrator for Assassin and Dice to get GMA

-Yoda of Degobah for IG-88 to get FPs and rerolls, and to pull the heat off the IG's (i question the competitiveness of this piece).

-Guildmaster Cradossk so assassin can twin + pulse.

-IG-88 Bounty Hunter - Seems like a natural option but he's expensive, I don't know how accurate my IG's will be without the activation to trigger opportunist.

-HK-47 - His CE is helpful for Assassin and R2 (RS or Sensor Dish)- and increases the likelihood of triggering Threepio's CLOAK ability.

-L337 is probably too expensive to bother, but the override and distraction to all unique droids is nice in this build.

That's all I got. Open to suggestions.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 3:56:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rieekan+TBSV is always worth considering, but Lando is probably more efficient GMA.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 12:53:10 PM
Groups: Member

I made a very similar squad.

Instead of Leia and Reikeen I put in Lando, and instead of 18pt R2, I put in 9pt R2 with Sensors and 2 mics and an uggie.