RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Some Han in Carbonite Questions Options
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:39:34 PM
Groups: Member

If I choose Han Solo and Chewbacca in an epic 500 match with Han in Carbonite, does Chewbacca count as part of my squad for the purposes of Lando, Infiltrator's commander effect that requires me to have Luke, Leia AND chewbacca? Similarly, if he doesn't count as part of my squad from this beginning point would I be able to have a different Chewbacca in my squad in addition to Han in Carbonite (ie Enraged Wookiee or any other Rebel version) to start the game? I thought i would ask because I figured since Han in Carbonite does not count as the chosen character until he was "unfrozen" I would not count as having Chewbacca in my squad during the beginning of the game, but I am unsure on how this would work.

Thanks
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:01:06 PM

Dave might have a different final ruling for some reason, but from what I can see, this is how I would rule

1. You don't pick the alternate Han until "during setup" so assuming you had the points to do so, you could pick Han Solo and Chewbacca (assuming you didn't already have another Chewbacca in yours squad). This I believe would fall under what TJ would call the delayed squad building portion.

2. Lando Infiltrator, says "after setup" so you have already chosen which Han, so if you had chosen Han Solo and Chewbacca, they would both count as in your squad, so assuming you had a Leia and a Luke of some sort, you should be able to set Han in Carbonite up 8 squares from wherever your opponent set it up.

harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:03:48 PM

Awesome, Thanks for the quick response!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:06:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think we'll need Dave for an official ruling.

1. Agreed with this part of Jason's answer.

2. I would disagree with this part. The chosen Han (in this case Han & Chewie) isn't in your squad yet. You've chosen who will come in when Han in Carbonite is replaced, but they don't join the squad until replacing Han in Carbonite. Han & Chewie can't be in the squad with Han in Carbonite due to Unique. When replaced, Han in Carbonite is no longer in the squad and Han & Chewie are now in the squad.

But I think when Jason and I disagree on rules, he's right probably twice as often as I am.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:13:17 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think we'll need Dave for an official ruling.

1. Agreed with this part of Jason's answer.

2. I would disagree with this part. The chosen Han (in this case Han & Chewie) isn't in your squad yet. You've chosen who will come in when Han in Carbonite is replaced, but they don't join the squad until replacing Han in Carbonite. Han & Chewie can't be in the squad with Han in Carbonite due to Unique. When replaced, Han in Carbonite is no longer in the squad and Han & Chewie are now in the squad.

But I think when Jason and I disagree on rules, he's right probably twice as often as I am.

Wouldn't that fall into something like what Sifo-Dyas does with placed order? I mean if you choose Sev, even though you don't actually add them to the board until later, they would still be in your squad and you couldn't bring one in with reserves right? That is how I am assuming it would work.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:44:04 PM

Point 2 above is under review.

Stay safe, Bloomilkers. BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:38:18 AM

Super late on this, but on point 2:

Minor errata on Frozen in Carbonite. Add the following text to the glossary (same text as Replication): "Your squad may include up to 1 other characters whose name contains Han Solo as long as each character has a different name. Ignore the Unique ability's squad-building restrictions for purposes of this ability."

Han and Chewie count as being in the squad from the beginning. They have delayed entry to the battle grid, just like Placed Order or Reserves (which are possibly delayed one activation if you don't go first in a round). That means it counts toward Lando, Infiltrator's CE and you cannot have a different Chewie in the squad.