RegisterDonateLogin

Has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 12 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2021 10:24:56 PM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone,
I got more ruling questions to ask and would appreciate any clarification on these situations.

1) Do Holocrons and characters with the Spy ability gain points from Gambit or no?

2) Can Emperor Palpatine, Reborn with Master of the Force 3 use Dark Assault 3 twice or even three times to stack for massive damage?

3) Does a Holocron come with the character who failed Turn to the Dark Side and joined the opponent squad?

4) Can I use multiple Stormtrooper commander's commander effects on a single characeter to stack for massive damage? The commander effect is "At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 adjacent non-Unique follower. That follower gets +10 Damage until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is defeated." So If I have lets say 3 of them, can I make them all choose a single character and that character can now do +30 damage on all their attacks?

5) Can Sith Holocrons give each other Force Renewal?

6) Can charging fire combine with ambush so that a character can go full speed and still make multiple attacks against a character who has not activated yet?

7) Can Charging Fire combine with Greater Mobile Attack to move full speed and still use multiple attacks.

8) If I use Force sense to have enemies lose stealth for the round, can I still benefit form someone like Moff Nyna Calixte to gain extra damage against those targets that lost stealth?

9) If a character loses savage due to Empathy, are they still subject to beast control?

10) Can a character with savage that gains Charging Fire and lost savage due to Empathy, move the full 12 squares and still preform their attack on whoever they want if half way through their charging fire they get out of range of Empathy? Or do they stop half way and go back to being savage and have to attack whoever is closer?

11) Does Twin Attack stack with Charging Fire +10? In terms of Charging Fire +10's bonus damage applying to both the first attack and twin attack or just the first attack and then the twin attack does not get the bonus?

12) Lets say my Jedi has rolling cleave and benefits from my Republic Mon Mothma who's commander effect states that "Followers within 6 squares can make 1 immediate attack at +10 Damage when they are defeated." If my Jedi is defeated and uses the Mon Mothma commander to defeat an enemy, do I still get to use my rolling cleave and move to attack another character even though I have been defeated? Or since I have been defeated, I only get my one free attack and rolling cleave can not activate since I am dead?

Thanks for any help with these. BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2021 10:59:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I got more ruling questions to ask and would appreciate any clarification on these situations.

1) Do Holocrons and characters with the Spy ability gain points from Gambit or no?

Holocron, no.
Spy, yes. But spy is only on an epic character, so only leagl in special formats.

Quote:
2) Can Emperor Palpatine, Reborn with Master of the Force 3 use Dark Assault 3 twice or even three times to stack for massive damage?

No, it would not stack.

Quote:
3) Does a Holocron come with the character who failed Turn to the Dark Side and joined the opponent squad?

It remains in the same squad and is no longer attached to that character.

Quote:
4) Can I use multiple Stormtrooper commander's commander effects on a single characeter to stack for massive damage? The commander effect is "At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 adjacent non-Unique follower. That follower gets +10 Damage until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is defeated." So If I have lets say 3 of them, can I make them all choose a single character and that character can now do +30 damage on all their attacks?

No, straight bonuses from CEs do not stack.

Quote:
5) Can Sith Holocrons give each other Force Renewal?

This is a neat question and answer. The holocron cannot gain force points. But I cannot see a reason why it couldn't gain Force Renewal. It can't use FR1 itself, but the character it is attached to could then use FR1. Two Holocrons could be an expensive way to give FR1 to two characters.

Quote:
6) Can charging fire combine with ambush so that a character can go full speed and still make multiple attacks against a character who has not activated yet?

No, Charging Fire replaces the whole turn so you don't get to make multiple attacks. You could spend a Force point to move faster while charging, though.

Quote:
7) Can Charging Fire combine with Greater Mobile Attack to move full speed and still use multiple attacks.

No, see above.

Quote:
8) If I use Force sense to have enemies lose stealth for the round, can I still benefit form someone like Moff Nyna Calixte to gain extra damage against those targets that lost stealth?

No, they don't have Stealth at the time.

Quote:
9) If a character loses savage due to Empathy, are they still subject to beast control?

No, they do not have Savage.

Quote:
10) Can a character with savage that gains Charging Fire and lost savage due to Empathy, move the full 12 squares and still preform their attack on whoever they want if half way through their charging fire they get out of range of Empathy? Or do they stop half way and go back to being savage and have to attack whoever is closer?

When you replace your turn, you get to complete that action even if you lose Charging Fire halfway through the action. So you can still move double speed and attack. If you begin your move within range of Empathy, you can ignore the movement restrictions of Savage.

Quote:
11) Does Twin Attack stack with Charging Fire +10? In terms of Charging Fire +10's bonus damage applying to both the first attack and twin attack or just the first attack and then the twin attack does not get the bonus?

Twin Attack happens but without the damage bonus. The same thing happens on a cannon shot with a damage bonus and a character with Twin (e.g. Mon Mothma or Princess Leia).

Quote:
12) Lets say my Jedi has rolling cleave and benefits from my Republic Mon Mothma who's commander effect states that "Followers within 6 squares can make 1 immediate attack at +10 Damage when they are defeated." If my Jedi is defeated and uses the Mon Mothma commander to defeat an enemy, do I still get to use my rolling cleave and move to attack another character even though I have been defeated? Or since I have been defeated, I only get my one free attack and rolling cleave can not activate since I am dead?

The Resolving Effects list answers this question:
http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/ResolvingEffects.html

I'm going to name some characters to make this easier to talk about.

A Clone Trooper with Rolling Cleave takes damage and is about to be defeated. Apply the damage in step 12. In step 13, Mothma's CE triggers and a new sequence (sequence #2) begins.

In sequence #2, the Clone Trooper defeats a Rodian Brute. In step 13 of sequence #2, Rolling Cleave triggers. The Clone Trooper can then move and make a new attack, which begins sequence #3.

Sequence #3 will be the Rolling Cleave attack, where the Clone Trooper attacks an Ugnaught. When sequence #3 has resolved, return and finish sequence #2 (remove the Rodian Brute from the grid). Then finish sequence #1 (remove the Clone Trooper from the grid).

Quote:
Thanks for any help with these.

==
EDIT: The original version of this post had some guesses in it before I looked some things up.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2021 6:42:03 AM

I looked through the wotc faq for that savage question but couldn't determine it.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2021 8:39:53 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
I looked through the wotc faq for that savage question but couldn't determine it.

Found it - it's in the glossary of Empathy. They can ignore the movement restrictions even if they move out of range of Empathy as long as they start within range.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2021 1:26:37 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Found it - it's in the glossary of Empathy. They can ignore the movement restrictions even if they move out of range of Empathy as long as they start within range.

BlooMilk