RegisterDonateLogin

A glass a day keeps Dr. Evazan away.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Attack of opportunity - moving around an enemy Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 5:53:26 AM
Groups: Member

"attack of opportunity. A single, immediate attack against an adjacent enemy who moves. If an enemy moves out of a square adjacent to a character, that character can make an attack of opportunity against that enemy. Attacks of opportunity do not use the targeting rules. A character can’t use a special ability or Force power that replaces attacks instead of an attack of opportunity."

This means an enemy moving "around" my character triggers an AOO (or multiple) even if they end their move adjacent to me, correct?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 6:02:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yes. Only one aoo. After each square of movement you can decide whether or not to take the aoo. Once a character takes an aoo, that's the only one they get against that character for the turn.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:24:24 PM
Groups: Member

Thank you!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:58:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

There's potentially an interesting interaction where I am moving and my opponent expect me to move, say, 5 squares. And they expect that I'll move through 3 squares that would all trigger an AoO. They want the AoO on the 3rd square because (for example) I'd be out of range of a CE they don't want me to benefit from. So they decline the AoO on the first 2 squares. Then I unexpectedly stop moving. They don't get an AoO at all. Once they decline they can't go back and change their mind, and if I stop moving they lost their chance entirely.