RegisterDonateLogin

Will never be rendered obsolete by power creep.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Checkbox to only search the regular WotC sets? Options
LordNIC
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 2:04:22 AM
Groups: Member

Regular BlooMilk user and very happy this site is still up and running!

With my best friends, I still have the occasional SWMinis game night once in a while. We only play the minis and cards we have and haven't tapped into the Virtual Sets so far. Therefore it would be great for us to have a "Only show official WotC releases" checkbox in the Search dialogue here on BlooMilk.
For major characters, it's sometimes hard to find the version you are looking for between all the iterations displayed. It would be a lot easier then to only see the official releases and not the V-Set versions.

Maybe this request already came up or there even is a button that does just that?!

PS I don't want to put down the work players invest in creating the V-Sets. It's great that they keep the game alive with their releases. It's just that my gaming group has a lot of original minis to play, before we eventually adopt the virtual releases...

adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 4:53:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm not sure anyone will be able to fulfill your request. The original guy who built it all passed control of the site to other users, so the site mostly exists to upload new v-set characters, but beyond that, few changes are made to it anymore.

That being said, there is a check box to exclude V-Sets when squad building, so it's possible that logic could be applied to the character search. it just comes down to the skill and willingness of the admin/dev who runs the place now.

I admittedly don't even know who that is!

Oh yeah, one other thing. If you're doing a character search and want to exclude v-sets, a simple and readily available solution would be to just select Masters of the Universe under sets, and then check every set under it. That will exclude the v-sets that were all released after (above) it.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 9:42:02 AM

Those are a lot of checkmarks for each individual search. If you're willing to invest a lot of time up front and aren't tracking your collection on bloomilk, you could go through and check every single WotC mini... and then search while restricting to your own collection (checkmark at the bottom left of the search page).

Adding the checkbox you are requesting shouldn't be hard. Shinja developed the site and runs the site but is essentially an owner in absentia. He may actually add the feature if you send him a donation, though. The donate button at the top still works. Send him an email or a comment at the same time as the donation. It might get his attention.

It's a checkbox I'd like to have, too, and I normally use the Vsets.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 7:17:19 PM

I just want search to ID living vs non-living automagically. Sad I actually want a *lot* more than that, but I'd be happy if that was a thing.

As I understood it, unchecking "Include V-Set" under Collection Settings was supposed to limit everything to WotC, but I may have misunderstood, and I've not thoroughly investigated how it actually works. From the comments, perhaps it only applies to the squad builder?
LordNIC
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:58:23 AM

Thanks for getting back!

Ticking all the WotC sets in the search field is my standard workflow; it works but as you said is a little time consuming.
The "Include V-Set" checkbox in Settings apparently just applies to tracking your own collection.

I just spotted the exact feature I have in mind in the Squad Builder here on the page ("Exclude V-Sets" checkbox).
crazybirdman
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:57:58 PM

I've been asking for this, and donating, for years. I think I'll just have to sit down and take the time to do FlyingArrows idea :(
StevenO
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 9:52:53 AM

This topic may now be a couple years old and answers the question/offers the work around but I just want to say that I still would like that simple checkbox to restrict miniature searches to the WotC sets especially as the various V-set proliferate. When there are 43 V-set checkboxes as of writing this but only 26 WotC offerings (some of which are all reprints I believe) hitting those boxes takes time. If you could click one end and shift-click the other end to get all the ones in between that would help as well.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 10:13:44 AM

The designer of the site doesn't really do anything with the site anymore. We're riding a ghost train in a lot of ways. So I'm 99.9% sure that will never happen, unfortunately. It would be nice, even for avid vset players. For example, when looking for recommended minis for the vsets, you obviously only want to look at the WotC pieces.

We're still waiting to get vset 21 in the squad builder, and it's been 4 months. That isn't even done by the site designer. We are several steps removed at this point.
jak
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 1:25:15 PM

donating to the site makes no difference.
I donated $50 about 10 years ago, and am still waiting for any response.
I don't think anyone is in charge now.
maybe a call to Shinja would help.
last known number is -redacted-
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 1:51:12 PM

Could we offer to buy ownership from him and then code it ourselves?
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 4:40:34 PM

Thanks Jak, I know you are trying to be helpful, but we can't post someone's personal number on a public forum without their consent.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 9:45:15 PM

DarthBainCapital wrote:
Could we offer to buy ownership from him and then code it ourselves?

It's been tried. No dice
jak
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:39:55 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Thanks Jak, I know you are trying to be helpful, but we can't post someone's personal number on a public forum without their consent.

so there IS some with editing power still.
just my way of finding outFlapper