RegisterDonateLogin

Boring conversation anyway.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 14 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2021 7:12:40 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,
I am back with more ruling questions. Would appreciate any help with these.

1) Can you bodyguard damage from missiles or flamethrower? I know it says attacks and special abilities say replaces attacks so I was thinking they still count as attacks?

2) Can I Sith Holocron use Sith Allure on an enemy diplomat? If lets say the Diplomat is the only force user that can be targeted but it is surrounded by other non-Force user allies?

3) Can a character with Relay Orders affect themselves with a commander effect that they are relaying (assuming they are subject to it) or can they only give it to others around them and the only way to get them to be subject to it is to have another ally with Relay Orders close by to affect each other?

4) If a character loses Stealth from Force Sense, are they now not subject to allied commander effect buffs that apply to characters with Stealth?

5) Can I master speed towards someone with Ysalamiri if I used Master Speed outside the 6 square radios of Ysalamiri?

6) What does Perimeter Watch's ability mean by bordered by a wall? Does this mean that only 1 of the 4 squares in a space has to be next to a wall for it to activate? Or at least 2 sides (half) the square has to have walls blocking it? Sorry I just have a hard time visualizing this one?

7) Can Holocrons move with Vader's Battle Ready?

8) Can you shoot a diplomat if the only other enemy you can "see" has Stealth and is further than 6 squares away?

9) With the new General Crix SpecForce commander and his commander effect of letting SpecForce allies move their speed after setup. How does this work with doors? Lets say I am on a custom map that has lots of doors in the starting area. When would I count these doors as open if I start a SpecForce character adjacent to them and then used the commander effect to have them move up to open other doors?

10) With Clone Commander Gree's commander effect of letting troopers move 2 extra squares at the end of their turn. How does this work with doors? If I end a character's turn next to a door to open it, can I then use the extra 2 square movement at the end of my turn to move past the door I just opened and have it close? Or does the door opening happen when there is nothing more for my character to do including any at the end of their turn commander effect bonuses?

11) Do Evade and Rolling Evade count as the same ability? Can theoretically a character have both abilities? Also if an ability stated that it ignores Evade, would it also ignore Rolling Evade?

Thank you in advance for any clarification on these. BigGrin
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 7:33:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I don't have all the answers, but I can post the ones I do, and help find the rest if no one else follows up.

1. No, per the glossary:
A Bodyguard character can't use this special ability when an adjacent ally takes damage from something other than an attack, such as Grenades.

3. No, the relay order character doesn't extend the CE to themselves. It's just like you described.

4. Correct.

5. I'm 99.9% sure that spending force points to move faster always occurs before the character starts moving.

6. I believe this means that at least 1 of the 4 sides of the square has to be a wall or red line. As opposed to a square that has no wall boarder, but is technically adjacent to a wall because it touches a corner.

9. I was wrong on this one, see below.

10. Players choice. They happen at the same time so you chose the order. You can do useful gimmicks with this ability, like the one you mentioned.

urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 10:00:47 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
I don't have all the answers, but I can post the ones I do, and help find the rest if no one else follows up.

9. Doors open after the first activation of the first round.

Not quite correct

There is door check before the first init roll of the game (the only time that doors are checked that isn't at the end of an activation).

So if you place a guy by a door during setup (anyone with say forward positioning) then that door will be open when you go to battle ready/intuition/surprise move/crix move/etc that might occur before the first activation of the game and the first door check of the game.

urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 10:03:52 AM

BZNintendo wrote:

11) Do Evade and Rolling Evade count as the same ability? Can theoretically a character have both abilities? Also if an ability stated that it ignores Evade, would it also ignore Rolling Evade?

Thank you in advance for any clarification on these. BigGrin

They are different abilities, and in theory you could get both.

If an ability says it ignores evade, then it only ignores evade. It does not ignore rolling evade or any other ability of a similar nature (soresu style, soresu style mastery, etc)
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 11:14:14 AM

1) No, Replace Attack abilities (Missles and Flamethrower) are not attacks. Although some (Lightsaber Throw) do generate attacks. This is why Moblie Attack and Greater Mobile Attack allow you to make an attack or use an ability that Replaces Attack. Because they are not the same thing.

2) Yes, Dark Allure (does not target) and can involuntarily move an enemy force user with Diplomat. You would move the enemy force user with diplomat within 6 squares through its surrounding allies adjacent to the Sith Holocron.

3) Characters do not affect themselves with their own Relay Orders.

4) If a character loses Stealth they lose buffs that apply to characters with stealth.

5) Yes

6) 1 of the 4 edges bordering the occupied square should be a red line of 1-inch wall art.

7) Holocrons (do not move) they're placed adjacent to a chosen character on their turn. Battle Ready allows you to move characters before any character takes a turn.

8) No, you cannot shoot a diplomat while having line of sight to another enemy without diplomat.

9) With the new General Crix SpecForce commander and his commander effect of letting SpecForce allies move their speed after setup. How does this work with doors? Lets say I am on a custom map that has lots of doors in the starting area. When would I count these doors as open if I start a SpecForce character adjacent to them and then used the commander effect to have them move up to open other doors?

10) The trooper would end its turn adjacent to the door, move 2 squares through it, and have it close.

11) Evade and Rolling Evade are not the same ability. A character could have both abilities. An ability that specifically ignores Evade (like Master Shot) does not ignore Rolling Evade. It would need to include Rolling Evade or ignore an ability whose name contains Evade.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 5:27:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

For questions about the start of the round or the start of the game, many questions can be answered by looking here:

http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/StartProcedures.pdf
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 5:44:55 PM

For 10, as both the CE and the Door check happen at the same time, the player chooses the order. However, you don't do two door checks. What this means is that if you did doors first, then moved the character adjacent, the door would remain closed until the next door check. or conversely, have the character move adjacent, do the door check (opening the doors), then use the CE to move away, whereupon the door remains open until the next check.

Had a nasty little squad based around this that won quite a few matches back in the CotF era. Wasn't top tier though as it struggled too much against Black and Blue.