RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee (2021 Temporary Ruling) Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 10:31:27 PM
Groups: Member

Balance Committee Rulings for 2021 competitive tournament play.
The following changes are for the remainder of the 2021 season. We will revisit them for our official 2022 rulings.
We will continue to monitor these changes as well as any new concerns throughout the season.

Floor Rules Addendum: The first sentence of Floor Rules 622.2) is changed to:
2) Occupy the map center: TEN points are scored each round that a player ends a round with a model WITHOUT DIPLOMAT that costs TEN points or more within four squares of the center of the map; ignore low objects and walls when determining this area.
*Diplomats do not score gambit, characters w/ Aggressive Negotiations score gambit after losing Diplomat.

Glossary Change: The entry for Diplomat is changed to:
Diplomat: If an enemy WITH A HITPOINT RATING and without Diplomat is in line of sight of the acting character, that character cannot target or attack an enemy with Diplomat, even one that is adjacent. If an enemy without Diplomat is in line of sight and the only adjacent enemy has Diplomat, no legal target is available.
*Characters without Hit Point ratings do not count for allies' with Diplomat.
(E.g. Force Spirits, Holocrons, Holograms, Keeper of the Whills, etc.)

TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 12:15:07 PM

Thank you. This should be something everyone agrees on.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 9:46:27 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

That's a shame. I never got to play my build with the Keeper of the Whills and Imperial Governors. It does make sense though.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 10:24:10 PM

I had a pretty disgustingly abusive squad (even worse than the one I played at a regional recently). It really has no business in our game.

Ultimately when you think about it, having diplomats in a combat game at all is kind of senseless, but I think it’s an uphill battle to get them removed altogether. At least this makes the most ridiculous abuse unplayable.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, July 3, 2021 12:45:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Most gimmicky Diplomat squads won't do well at regionals, though. They're too easily countered. I like having weird gimmicks in our game, and they should be removed only if they are having a disproportionate impact on the meta IMO. I didn't see this particular mechanic (ghosts and Diplomats) doing that, but I haven't been keeping up with all of the squads that have been played recently.
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, July 4, 2021 1:10:29 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
Balance Committee Rulings for 2021 competitive tournament play.
The following changes are for the remainder of the 2021 season. We will revisit them for our official 2022 rulings.
We will continue to monitor these changes as well as any new concerns throughout the season.

Floor Rules Addendum: The first sentence of Floor Rules 622.2) is changed to:
2) Occupy the map center: TEN points are scored each round that a player ends a round with a model WITHOUT DIPLOMAT that costs TEN points or more within four squares of the center of the map; ignore low objects and walls when determining this area.
*Diplomats do not score gambit, characters w/ Aggressive Negotiations score gambit after losing Diplomat.

Glossary Change: The entry for Diplomat is changed to:
Diplomat: If an enemy WITH A HITPOINT RATING and without Diplomat is in line of sight of the acting character, that character cannot target or attack an enemy with Diplomat, even one that is adjacent. If an enemy without Diplomat is in line of sight and the only adjacent enemy has Diplomat, no legal target is available.
*Characters without Hit Point ratings do not count for allies' with Diplomat.
(E.g. Force Spirits, Holocrons, Holograms, Keeper of the Whills, etc.)

+1.