RegisterDonateLogin

If you've never had Bloo Milk before, you won't have never had it again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 15 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 6:22:58 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm back with some more questions and would appreciate any clarifications.

1) Does EMP grenades apply to Flash grenades too?

2) If a character has an effect that allows them to move after being missed by an attack (Major Maxmilian Veers commander effect) and my first attack against them misses, can they move into cover or out of sight before my Twin Attack goes through? Or would twin attack happen first and then they can move?

3) Can you stack Extra Attack with Extra Attack?

4) Can you use Recon if all you can "see" are stealth, super stealth, or cloaked characters? Or does Recon not work since they can not be targeted while in cover?

5) How exactly does Telekinesis work? It says "Force 2: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage and cannot be targeted for the rest of this turn unless the attacker makes a save of 11." Does the attacker make the save of 11 on the first hit or hits after it is used. And does that mean that the first hit where this was activated become automatically prevented?

6) Can I choose to not target enemies with Furious Assault if I want or am I forced to if its possible?

7) How does Knight Speed work with Garm Bel Iblis' commander effect that says "Each follower can move up to half its Speed and still use Force powers and special abilities that grant extra attacks." If I am only allowed to go at half speed and still use all my extra attacks, could I extend that half speed with Knight Speed? Or am I limited to only half speed no matter what to get that benefit?

8) Can you Djem So an attack that you first prevented with Lightsaber Defense? Or can you maybe pick the order of things and use Djem So and then lightsaber defense the attack?

9) If you cannot see any enemies because they are cloaked or have super stealth, can you still use War Throat to damage them because it is an area of effect ability and does not require targeting? Or can you only use it when you can properly see a legal target and any cloaked characters damaged are only damaged because they got caught in the crossfire?

10) Can I use War Throat to damage my allies, knowing it will not damage any enemy?

11) Does Ground Pilot +2 stack? Like if I put a bunch of pilots with this adjacent to an ally with Mounted Weapon, can I rise their speed to the roof?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to answer my questions. BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 6:37:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

2) Twin would be negated

3) yes

4) yes. You only need line of sight. You do not have to be able to target them.

5) on the first hit. First hit damage is negated and future attacks are cancelled.

9) you don't have to target them. They only need to be within 6 squares.

10) yes

There are a few answers. Need to check glossary on some others. I'll get to them later if no one else does.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 6:37:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

2) Twin would be negated

3) yes

4) yes. You only need line of sight. You do not have to be able to target them.

5) on the first hit. First hit damage is negated and future attacks are cancelled.

9) you don't have to target them. They only need to be within 6 squares.

10) yes

There are a few answers. Need to check glossary on some others. I'll get to them later if no one else does.
Cassus fett
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 2:08:37 PM

6) To paraphrase an answer from a similar ability. "Furious Assault requires movement to make the attacks. Furious Assault does not force you to attack." Personally I don't see any possible situation for this to occur in. If you move double speed and don't attack then... you've just moved 12 squares (on a speed 6 piece) which you could have done anyways normally.

7) Honestly not a clue. I don't see why you couldn't cheat more movement with Knight Speed. Unless Knight speed doesn't technically increase your speed, just grants extra squares. Ok, I think I've talked myself into believing that. I'm going to say no, because Knight Speed doesn't technically increase your speed.

8) Gut tells me no. Brain tells me yes. I believe that Lightsaber Defense must be declared first, much like Riposte. Now if you succeed on the Defense that does not cancel the "hit" (since it doesn't say it cancels the attack, just prevents the damage.) Therefore you should be allowed to then Djem So. At least to me that must be the order too, I could be wrong though.

11) No? Even though it's a named ability I do not believe it stacks with itself unless it specifically says it does.
BZNintendo
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2021 10:32:31 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
6) To paraphrase an answer from a similar ability. "Furious Assault requires movement to make the attacks. Furious Assault does not force you to attack." Personally I don't see any possible situation for this to occur in. If you move double speed and don't attack then... you've just moved 12 squares (on a speed 6 piece) which you could have done anyways normally.

For this I meant it as can I choose to not target certain enemies and not all of them? Like lets say I use Furious Assault and can legally attack 3 characters but if one of them is damaged, that will power up another enemy, can I choose to not target that one enemy but still attack the other two?

This could also apply in a case if there was an enemy with Energy Shield ability, then I would not want to attack them since my nonmelee attack would get reflected back to me.
Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2021 12:26:58 PM

BZNintendo wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

For this I meant it as can I choose to not target certain enemies and not all of them? Like lets say I use Furious Assault and can legally attack 3 characters but if one of them is damaged, that will power up another enemy, can I choose to not target that one enemy but still attack the other two?

This could also apply in a case if there was an enemy with Energy Shield ability, then I would not want to attack them since my nonmelee attack would get reflected back to me.

So looking through the glossary again I believe I was wrong. There is nothing in the definition that makes it appear optional to attack. So I will change my answer to the following.
- If you choose to use Furious Assault you must move at least one square. If you have moved using the ability you must then also attack every legal target. So no, you cannot choose to just skip attacking a legal target if you have declared that you used Furious Assault.