RegisterDonateLogin

You don't know the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

More Holocron Questions Options
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 5:34:56 PM
Groups: Member

I had a game against Darth Jim in which he had a piece that the jedi holocron attached to and the character then mounted Thon.
I had a game where Sith Holocron attached to Savage and then Savage entered the Skiff.

What happens to the Holocron when the piece it is attached to is taken "off-grid"?

For instance if the Sith Holocron is activated, attached to Savage, and Savage is on the Skiff do my other pieces still get Renewal?

Or if the Jedi Holocron is still able to give out RDE+2?
Does the Holocron stay on grid attached to Savage and moves with the Skiff? so after the Skiff moves do you place the holocron adjacent to it? I have this picture of Savage on the Skiff with his hand out a window holding the holocron outside of the skiff.

If the Holocron goes "off-grid" does it count as one of the Skiffs slots? If so, how does that work with Mount since it can only Mount 1 character?

I am just throwing out all the questions I can think of.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 8:25:07 PM

The Holocron is placed adjacent to the transport after its attached ally changes position when the transport moves.
Barada on Desert Skiff's Large Transport states you are no longer considered to be on the battle grid.
This means Large Transport transported allies are no longer considered adjacent or within 6 for purposes of the Holocron.
However, the Holocron is placed adjacent as soon as the attached character Disembarks and returns to the battle grid.

Transported characters with a Force rating within 6 of an *unactivated* Sith Holocron would gain Force Renewal 1.
However, as previously mentioned characters transported by Barada on Desert Skiff would not be within 6 squares.

Yes, Jedi Holocron would give out RDE+2.
Again, characters transported by Barada on Desert Skiff are not considered within 6 but they cannot be targeted or attacked anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Holocrons do not move and therefore cannot end a move adjacent to become transported.
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 8:31:24 PM

Ok so the scenario. Holocron attaches to Savage. Savage enters skiff and leaves the grid. The holocron lands where ever you put it and is now not adjacent to Savage. So the skiff moves 10 squares. The holocron stays where it was at at the end of Savage's movement.

As far as mounting is concerned. It is different since you can be adjacent to a Mounted character. So in that case the holocron should move with it correct?
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 8:48:19 PM

Savage ends his move adjacent to Barada Skiff (the attached holocron is placed adjacent) then Savage is transported and considered off the battle grid.

*Barada flies 8 squares, Disembarks Savage and the Holocron is placed adjacent.

*Barada flies 16 squares, Holocron stays where it was and a Unique ally gets adjacent to keep it alive. Savage Disembarks next round and the Holocron is placed adjacent to him.

Yes, the Holocron is normally always placed adjacent to the Transport.
Barada is just diff.
Udorian84
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:51:54 AM

Awesome! And thanks for clearing it up for me.