RegisterDonateLogin

Is a little short for a website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vong and Force Immunity Options
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 8:46:45 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, so I was going through a few things and don't really know how Force Immunity works for certain things.

if I am Vong and I attack someone and hit, can they use Illusion? I don't think they can.
What if they use
Environment Manipulation (Force 4, replaces attacks: Once per skirmish, name an ability that deals damage. For the rest of the skirmish, when this character takes damage from that ability, he removes damage equal to the amount taken at the end of the turn.)
on say Thud Bug.
Does Force immunity mean I can still thud bug that character?

People can still do things like Surprise Attack and Lightning Assault against a Vong right?
They cannot reroll attacks, but can they re-roll Parry saves? What about Thud Bug saves?
How do Sith Rage and Brutal Strike work?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 8:56:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The key is the difference between what affects the character spending the Force points and what affects to Vong character. TJ has a useful list somewhere--it might need updated, though. Anyway, for a few of the things you asked about:

Lightning Assault does damage, so it's considered to affect the character, so it would have no effect on Vong.

Brutal Strike and Sith Rage are considered to affect the attacking character, so they can be used (I think an argument can be made the other way for Brutal Strike, but that's how it goes lol)

Same with things like Lightsaber Assault and Lightsaber Throw--they affect the spending character's ability to attack, rather than the character being attacked).

I would think Event Manipulation would work against Thud Bug, because what it explicitly says that the character takes the damage, then heals it. The ability itself (or the character using the ability) is not affected by that.

You cannot reroll anything anything the Vong.

Of course, this is all different for a character who has Vongsense or is benefiting from Faith in the Force.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 10:12:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The list is at the top right under "Guides":

https://swmgamers.com/SWM/SWM%20Rules%20Main.html

Here's the direct link:

https://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1953

That's a list that goes all the way back to WotC days.

Environment Manipulation works against the Vong for the reason UrbanShmi stated. It doesn't affect the Vong at all. (And was in fact designed largely as a counter to Blast Bug swarms that were a problem at the time).