RegisterDonateLogin

Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lots of Rules Questions Part 16 Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2022 9:22:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,
I've built up some ruling questions again and would like some help with knowing how these work.

1) How does Presumed Dead and Rakghoul disease interact? Do I get to turn them into a Rakghoul before they can use Presumed Dead or can they use Presumed Dead to get out of turning into a Rakghoul?

2) Does Dark Allure from Sith Holocron trigger attacks of opportunity?

3) If i land a crit on a droid and have Chagrian Mercenary Commander which gives my crits a +20 damage bonus, does that still apply? Or would it not since I landed the crit on a Droid?

Thanks for any help. BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2022 9:35:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BZNintendo wrote:
Hello,
I've built up some ruling questions again and would like some help with knowing how these work.

1) How does Presumed Dead and Rakghoul disease interact? Do I get to turn them into a Rakghoul before they can use Presumed Dead or can they use Presumed Dead to get out of turning into a Rakghoul?

2) Does Dark Allure from Sith Holocron trigger attacks of opportunity?

3) If i land a crit on a droid and have Chagrian Mercenary Commander which gives my crits a +20 damage bonus, does that still apply? Or would it not since I landed the crit on a Droid?

Thanks for any help. BigGrin

1) See resolving effects list of steps:
https://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/ResolvingEffects.html

Damage is applied in step 13, which is when Presumed Dead would trigger.
Character is defeated in step 14, which is when Rakghoul Disease would trigger.

So if applicable, Presumed Dead could prevent Rakghoul Disease.

2) No, Dark Allure is involuntary movement, and involuntary movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Other example of involuntary movement are Force Push and Sith Battle Manipulation.

3) Oh man. Short answer: yes, it still applies against Droids. This is one of the worst WotC rules in existence. Because Droid and Armored Spacesuit on the card both say the exact same thing: "Immune to critical hits". But their glossaries interpret them differently. Armored Spacesuit's glossary: "This character is immune to critical hits. A roll of natural 20 is still an automatic hit against it." So the critical hit doesn't even happen versus an Armored Spacesuit character. Droid's glossary: "A Droid character doesn't take double damage from critical hits". The critical hit still takes place, but double damage is ignored. So against a Droid, things that trigger off a crit still trigger (including Chagrian's CE), but the double damage doesn't happen.