RegisterDonateLogin

Mine! Or I will help you not!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Spring Thaw Virtual Regional Saturday, March 26th, 2022 Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 4:56:33 PM
Groups: Member

I've sent my stuff too. I'm looking forward to it!
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 7:22:55 PM

Squad sent
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 9:10:53 PM

Good Luck tomorrow! I hate that I cant participate. Play Reports! Play Reports! Play Reports! Would love to read them when I have time Sunday!
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 9:40:11 PM

info sent. I hope I wake up in time. ThumbsUp
Randy
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 6:12:46 AM

sign me up
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 6:13:58 AM

send me your stuff Randy
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 7:16:24 AM

I am dropping from this event. I didn't realize Salacious Crumb did not have Hutt Cartel thus rendering my squad unplayable. But at least now you have an even 8.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 12:26:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spryguy1981 wrote:
I am dropping from this event. I didn't realize Salacious Crumb did not have Hutt Cartel thus rendering my squad unplayable. But at least now you have an even 8.

The recent balance committee ruling that changed Jabba is not in effect for this tournament, right? The post says that rulings released seven or more days after it was posted will not be applied. So your squad still works as intended, if I'm understanding correctly.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 1:06:54 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

The recent balance committee ruling that changed Jabba is not in effect for this tournament, right? The post says that rulings released seven or more days after it was posted will not be applied. So your squad still works as intended, if I'm understanding correctly.
Yeah, apparently Spry didn't get the message and quit before anyone could tell him otherwise.

Caedus
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 3:52:57 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

Correct, but before I get crapped on (by anyone, not the OP) for not letting something fly...

2 things;

1. Directly from the sign-up thread

a. All legal characters up to and including Vset 23!! Any Balance Committee or Rule changes or Errata made 7 days after this post will not be in effect for this tourney!!

b. ALSO NOTE: Players will be responsible for knowing all errata, floor rules, etc. (Including the latest change to rigged detonators!) http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31469)
Changes can be found here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20395
and here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28568

2. The only thing that was said to me was a request to change character- A to character- B because of x,y,z. As the Tourney had begun. not during registration.

I understand it's a game and we are all (at least I hope) sincere friends, but we are playing a competitive game and I think (and I've heard it mentioned) TO's (including myself) need to be a bit firmer on rules. Sure, emergency situations come up from time to time, but that is not the case here.

BTW I am not accusing anyone of anything, I just know things get taken out of context a lot and I wanted to explain myself as the TO.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 10:15:38 PM

Let me point out that I won't blame Shawn in any way. I missed the caveat regarding the striking of BC errata. I do wish someone (anyone) had let me know sooner but that's not on anyone either.

I started my first game and my opponent mentioned how Salacious Crumb was not Hutt Cartel which under new BC rulings would have made my squad useless. Had I realized that earlier I would've changed the squad before playing.

2 things I learned or re-learned

1. Don't assume something has something without reading it all. (Though I genuinely thought SC had HC)

2. Read the thread fully even if you've seen the post regarding other similar events.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and honestly dropping reduced the field to 8 which was easier on the TO.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 11:15:26 PM

It does feel like Salacious Crumb should be included as a Hutt Cartel character. IMO

Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 6:25:33 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
It does feel like Salacious Crumb should be included as a Hutt Cartel character. IMO

I agree. I wonder if we could errata Salacious Crumb to that effect. It totally makes sense that he would be.
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 6:31:21 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

I agree. I wonder if we could errata Salacious Crumb to that effect. It totally makes sense that he would be.

+100 to all of this. It seems weird that he isn't.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 10:21:46 AM

Thanks for putting this all together it was great to play. I hope to play in some more in the future.

Sorry spryguy, I thought the new rulings were in affect as well.