RegisterDonateLogin

Makes good bait for Gungan traps.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Help me pick a Squad! Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2022 4:21:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gandalf very kindly agreed to play the first match-up with me last night. The Sith (gandalf) won, 200-100something. I was planning to write it up last night, but I got sleepy.

Anyway, I (Mandos) won map roll and chose Imperial Garrison. Gandalf opted to set up on the left. He then proceeded to win almost every initiative. But that's fine, I've still got Resol'nare, and the Mando squad definitely has some tricks. Well, unfortunately for me, I was a little too aggressive with Vindicated and got him killed, and then the dominos just started falling. Kelborn had a nice move early (the one init I won), to run up and kill a Saber with Gauntlet Knife, and Tarre with Flight went to put the killing blow on the Battlemaster--who sent it to the other Saber via Absolute Devotion. At that point, the game was basically over, because he could easily kill Tarre and whatever else I had left. I managed to kill one of the Sabers, the Isolationist, Lady Rhea, and some of his fodder, but it was not nearly enough.

If anyone else wants to play this match-up, today's the day. Otherwise, this result will stand and the Sith will move on.

Also, I'm open to playing the second match-up, Cham's on a Mission vs Unscrupulous, as I will be pretty busy tomorrow.

UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2022 1:07:38 PM

Assassins of the Lost Tribe is the winner of the first match-up!

I'm open to play the second tonight. I can also play tomorrow between 330 and 5:30 pm Central.

Let me know if you have availability and want to play!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2022 4:55:03 PM

Urbanjedi (Republic) and I (New Republic) just played out the second match-up. NR won 240-160.

This match was a bloodbath, with just about everyone getting involved. I won a lot of the inits and made a fair amount of evades, while J was having trouble making his saves. I had a good move to kill Mission Vao with an Ambush from Luke in about Round 3, but that ultimately got Luke killed. In the end, all that was left was a 50-JP Cham in gambit and a 90-HP Corran Horn. Very fun and competitive game on Imperial Garrison.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 2:37:06 PM

Unscrupulous wins the second match-up!

Stay tuned tomorrow for Cold Sla vs. Triple Ripple!

J and I will be playing around 6, but I'll be available from s little after 3. If anyone has availability and interest, let me know!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2022 4:21:04 PM

FINAL: Cold Sla over Triple Ripple, 220-209.

For a while, it looked like the Vong had this one wrapped up, but unfortunately, I made some play errors and his rolls got a little better. Satele and Tsalok both went down early, and then the Plasma Eels started flying. I was able to kill a poorly placed Wookiee Commander, which helped my chances, but ultimately, once melee engagement was happening, it became much more difficult not to damage my own guys. In the end, Nagme and the Consul remained on my side, while M6 and a couple of wookiees were left of the OR. M6 ran to the center of the map, and that was it.

ETA: As J and I were going over the game, we realized that the score originally posted was incorrect. Essentially, we had equal gambit, but I should have had 170 kill points to his 159. I had forgotten to score the XT-6 droid, as well as 8 points in kills from elsewhere in the game. Due to these errors, it appeared that Triple Ripple had won, when in fact it did not. I apologize for the reporting error.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 3:48:30 PM

In round 4, Talon's Siblings beat Here Sithie Sithie, 200-150 (ish).

We played on Imperial Garrison, and I set up on the left. J set up with the Nexus and Bane inside the center room, so I knew I had to protect my fragile pieces and use Talon fairly aggressively. The early game was touch and go, and J made a LOT of Soresu saves, but eventually, the dice started falling more my way. I won a couple of key inits and started whittling away at his pieces. Plagueis went first, then Bane, calling Cognus over after she killed Talon. The death of Talon, although it hurts my damage output some, is almost a blessing in the mid-to-late rounds, as it lets me use my Force points more freely. Overall, I lost a couple of Nightsister Hunters, as well as the Nightbrother Warrior, and Talzin was down to 10 health, but I managed to kill Cognus when she finally started missing her parries/evades.

One more game left!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2022 4:04:56 PM

The final match goes to Meetra Cute by concession.

This one just did not go as planned. I think the Lando squad has potential, but it's clearly not ready for the big leagues. I got too close and with as much movement as Meetra's squad has, it didn't take long for gandalf to mow me down. I think I had 38 points, mostly gambit.

Tomorrow, I will make a new post in this thread with the five finalists (and I might make some tweaks to a few of them) and then it will be up to you to vote. Remember, vote for the squad you think I SHOULD play. If you want, you can also guess which squad I WILL play. I will be making my decision before next Thursday, so get those guesses in starting tomorrow!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2022 3:21:56 AM

Okay, here they are, my 2022 top 5 squads!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/235867/assassins-of-the-lost-tribe

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/236262/cold-sla

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/236062/meetra-cute

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/235882/talons-siblings

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/235798/unscrupulous

Next week, I WILL be (secretly) choosing one of these squads to play in the VASSAL Con Champs. In the meantime, please vote for the squad you think I should play. If you're interested in a prize, please also vote for the squad I WILL play.

Happy voting!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2022 6:53:09 AM

I think you should play Talon's Siblings, because it seems like the squad with the best chance of doing well. I'm guessing you might actually play Unscrupulous.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2022 8:10:39 AM

Thanks so everyone who participated. My squad has been submitted, but you can still vote if you want.