RegisterDonateLogin

Unique (Counts as Bloo Milk)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee Suggestions for 2023 Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 12:38:09 AM
Groups: Member

All unique Force users receive and can use the following Force powers ( named and unnamed ) for a zero force point cost, 1 time per match, but can only choose 1 of them per match for free, even if the named Force power is not on their card, but cannot use the named Force power again in the same match, unless it's on it's card and at its normal Force point cost ( unnamed can be used as normal, but at same normal Force point cost )

( Lightsaber Force Powers require a lightsaber still )

1. Lightsaber Defense
2. Master Speed
3. Re-roll missed save or attack
4. Force Leap
5. Lightsaber Throw
6. Lightsaber Pull
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 12:58:29 AM

1. Jabba; Remove reinforcements special ability

2. Bib; Remove CE " If a Hutt Cartel ally doesn't move on its turn, a Medium or smaller Hutt Cartel ally adjacent to it can move up to its speed.

3. Thrawn; increase cost to 42 pts.

DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 1:07:42 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Recently a growing number of abusive squads are centered around getting to "double cannon" a character each round.

We need a floor rule preventing a character from being cannoned more than once per round.

+1.
Randy
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 5:46:21 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
The balance committee should not introduce any new floor rules or erratas that change the mechanics of the game or of characters. The only changes to characters should be bans or cost changes. At this point a lot of characters given errata in the past few years have not been updated on bloomilk, nor does anyone have new physical cards for them. With erratas stacking up it will only get more difficult to recall who does what. A ban or cost change is simpler to remember. The same goes for floor rules changing long-established mechanics; we should have a new floor rule preventing the stacking of floor rules with each other.

Switch squad build total to 150. The proposal for moving the game to 150 was inspired by a similar thought process.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32017
Randy
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 5:53:04 AM

I am concerned about the stacking of damage, but also the stacking of damage mitigation. I think that Rolling Evade and Evade should count as different levels of the same ability. (Like Cunning +10 and Cunning +20) This goes for Soresu Style and Soresu Style Mastery. They should be treated as different levels of the same ability.

In addition, there is already a rule with Bodyguard that you must choose to use the ability before using any other damage negating ability. I think that at any time a character should only get to use 1 ability to negate damage. You should not be able to Soresu Style, Soresu Style Mastery, Evade, and Lightsaber Defense. Pick one. Reroll if you have to. Don't stack a bunch of free rolls.
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 10:46:47 AM

Han Solo, Galactic Hero cost 38.

A Disruptive piece for New Republic, a fantastic piece of SWM history that could really really help New Republic be a viable option.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 11:33:58 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
Han Solo, Galactic Hero cost 38.

A Disruptive piece for New Republic, a fantastic piece of SWM history that could really really help New Republic be a viable option.

Following on this point for NR. I would Remove Exclusive Loyalty from Luke Rescuer. It would allow a pretty decent Luke more playability outside of Mando Squads.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 12:28:02 PM

Randy wrote:
I am concerned about the stacking of damage, but also the stacking of damage mitigation. I think that Rolling Evade and Evade should count as different levels of the same ability. (Like Cunning +10 and Cunning +20) This goes for Soresu Style and Soresu Style Mastery. They should be treated as different levels of the same ability.

In addition, there is already a rule with Bodyguard that you must choose to use the ability before using any other damage negating ability. I think that at any time a character should only get to use 1 ability to negate damage. You should not be able to Soresu Style, Soresu Style Mastery, Evade, and Lightsaber Defense. Pick one. Reroll if you have to. Don't stack a bunch of free rolls.

+1

I honestly thought they WERE different levels of the same ability.