RegisterDonateLogin

Knows it's a trap!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 1) Options
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 11:02:44 AM
Groups: Member

Props to spry for another good reinforcements choice. Thanks for playing!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 11:59:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mando beats UrbanShmi 100-15 on Mushroom Planet.

I'll let Mando write this one up when he gets a chance...suffice it to say, I needed his rolls. Time to upgrade my VASSAL dice!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 12:41:00 PM

Mando defeats urbanshmi 100-30 (3-0)

Laura won map roll so we played on Mushroom planet.

Round 1: I give Caedus the extra fp from Vongrella, haunt Caedus with Exar and attach the holocron to Caedus. All my eggs are in one basket and I hope he survives his encounter with Critdu. Laura and I position our minis towards the center. I do no use Exar's DA this turn. Gambit for Laura.

Round 2: I win init and activate Dark Aura on Exar. Laura tows up Foul to attempt to make Exar go poof and thankfully Exar makes the save. Caedus goes and does Sith Battle Manipulation to move R2 away from Mace and Foul, make it so that Mace would need to move adjacent to R2 instead of attack me that round if he wanted to get towed. I move Vongrella with SBM adjacent to Foul and move Exar out of harms way. I make a big oops and completely forget that I can double attack with Caedus against the now adjacent Foul. I don't forget to use Vongrella tho and she lands a Playerin Bol against Foul, doing 40 dmg to him after he fails the reroll. Laura moves Mace adjacent to R2 and the round is done. Gambit for Laura.

Round 3: Laura wins init and uses Foul to try and damage Caedus and misses on the first attack but hits on the second. Caedus makes his Makashi save and the attack misses. Caedus does SBM to move Mace adjacent to Vongrella (and away from R2) and double attacks Foul with sith rage Foul fails his lightsaber def save and dies. Vongrella uses Playerin Bol vs Mace and does 40 dmg to him after Mace fails the reroll. Mace is now at 110hp. Mace does his attacks vs Caedus and hits all 3 attacks, but doesn't crit and I fail 2 Makashi saves letting 40 dmg through but negating one of the hits. Laura moves her uggie up. Exar steals a FP from Mace. The Sith Holocron activates and stays outside the open door adjacent to Caedus. R2, seeing an opportunity, locks the door and the Holocron is now seperate from Caedus........accckk. Not good for Caedus.

Round 4: I win the crucial init and I use Sith Rage on my regular turn, not going for Aing Tii because Mace would just Absorb it anyways. I land a crit on my first attack doing 60 dmg! Mace ripostes back and doesn't crit and i makashi the hit away. I attack again, doing 40 dmg, and Mace ripostes again...but doesn't crit. I had saved up my force points for a Master illusion just in case, but seeing as I didn't need to do that now, I use my force points to riposte the riposte and land another 40 dmg, defeating the badass Jedi and all but winning the game. Laura does defeat my Holocron however since it was locked out of the room and had no one to latch onto and i couldn't defeat r2 in time.....so R2 got a nice chunk of points for Laura with that smart move! Laura concedes the game as all she has is an uggie and R2 left.

I'm still jittery even now an hour latter after this matchup because of the adrenaline! It was intense! Mace has ruined me so many times in the past and I knew i had to play the game near perfectly to win. I made a couple of mistakes, but thankfully I was able to make some good moves and position my MVP Vongrella adjacent to Mace and deal the 40 dmg i needed to in order to hope to take Mace down. The big init being won at the end really helped and Caedus was able to do 120 total damage to Mace despite Mace using Riposte twice to try and crit him. I was so nervous to go against Mace as he would usually wreck Caedus if he went crit happy because I can't reroll failed Makashi saves, Aing Tii gets canceled by Force Absorb and Master Illusion can get Force Absorbed also. If Laura had landed a crit on one of those 5 attacks she got to do against Ceadus, the game would have been very different! Good game Laura and as always it is great to play against such a good player in a tournament!
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 7:15:31 PM

Urbanjedi defeats Flying Arrow (108-5)

TJ won map so we played on Theed.
I set up on the right.

Rd 1
I surprise moved, then battle ready to make sure I could get Vader into the gambit room 1st round, while taking the emperor up towards the headquarters. TJ advanced and kept vader locked in the gambit room.

Rd 2
moved the porg up by the headquarters then had porg babies before TJ shot and killed one of them. Moved the other porgs and emperor into the headquarters.

Rd 3+
Finally able to get a porg adjacent to a door and get vader out. Took some shots back (including multiple crits) but Vader made every single shien save (some with porg help) and TJ failed all his damage saves.

Vader started finally carving into his guys. Dropped Sev, then Boss, then Emperor got to lightning Fixer, and Vader based Bacara.

Won the final init. Surprise attacked Bacara and killed him, then Palps Lightninged (using his last 2 FP) to finish of fixer and that was the game.

Well played by TJ but not really much he could do against Vader (especially with Vader rolling hot). Glad I got to face this squad at a lower power level as the commandos can get jucied up pretty quickly.

urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2023 7:25:06 PM

Mando wrote:

Vongrella tho and she lands a Playerin Bol against Foul, doing 40 dmg to him after he fails the reroll

Vongrella uses Playerin Bol vs Mace and does 40 dmg to him after Mace fails the reroll.

Vongerella has Force Immunity so there shouldn't be fprrs against playerin bol.
Mando
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 6:06:57 AM

Everyone can send me their round 2 squads. I've submitted mine to Urbanshmi already since I've played her already and won't be matched against her for rounds 2-4. Sounds like Tim and Bryan will get their game in hopefully tonight. We can start the next game as soon as they get their game in and I have everyone's round 2 squad. Thanks!
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 7:16:53 AM

Squad submitted for rd 2
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 7:18:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sent.
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 3:31:45 PM

Darkdracul defeats Timmerb123 110-54 (3-1)

Tim wins map, allowing me to play on Theed for the second time this tournament.
Tim sets up on the right around the Security Desk, while I set up on the left around the Faculty Office.

Round 1: Thrawn steals the first round of init. BB unlocks the Speeder Bay door. Rodian bases right-side door to the Atrium (gambit room). Cobalt bases the Atrium doors on the left side. Thrawn advances and replaces Rodian with NS Hunter. NS Hunter shoots up BB-8, who fails both Rolling Evade saves. Luke FS levitates Rey into Speeder Bay, where she Doubles the NS Hunter for 40 damage. Mama-T cannons NS Hunter, who murders Paige and gets a gambit.
Darkdracul 0 / 20 Timmerb123

Round 2: Thrawn takes the initiative and swaps NS Hunter for Rodian. Poe advances and kills Rodian, while BB flees to a safe haven. His ugg blows doors open, and Mama T zaps Cobalt and BB-8 dead before the door closes. Luke FS levitates Poe to open the door, and Rey doubles on Mama T with a crit! Tim grabs gambit.
Darkdracul 3 / 44 Timmerb123

Round 3: Thrawn wins the init, and Mama T flees for safety. Luke FS levitates Poe on a last-ditch attempt to Twin Attack Mama T... but both attacks miss. Rey pushes open the closed door she's standing behind. Poe is reduced to 20 HP by the NS Hunter.
Darkdracul 3 / 44 Timmerb123

Round 4: Thrawn wins, and he lets me go first! Poe retreats to safety running 12 squares. Luke levitates Rey into the middle of gambit, where she deals 20 damage to Thrawn. The NS Hunter fires at Rey, but she avoids it thanks to rerolls and Mettle, taking only 20 damage. Mama T Zaps Rey to 40hp. Thrawn shoots at Rey, but she Evades.
Darkdracul 8 / 44 Timmerb123

Round 5: Thrawn wins the init and orders me to go first. Poe unlocks the leftside Atrium door. Mas and Uggie go to block the rightside Atrium door. Luke FS Levitates Rey over the blocking characters next to Mama T. Rey kills Mama with Longshot and by Force Absorbing her Force Bubble, then doubles and kills the NS Hunter. Thrawn runs into gambit.
Darkdracul 62 / 49 Timmerb123

Round 6: Thrawn rolls a 1. Rey shoots first, killing Mas and the Ugg. Thrawn shoots Poe but fails. Thrawn takes 20 damage from Poe.
Darkdracul 73 / 54 Timmerb123

Round 7: Thrawn wins init, stays in gambit and shoots Poe down to 10HP. Poe twins needing 8s and hits both to kill Thrawn and then step into gambit to end the game.
Darkdracul 110 / 54 Timmerb123

blasted doors! In this game, I felt like I was tripping over myself, while Tim was making great plays with expert positioning of his characters. Tim was beating me for the majority of the game, but a huge Crit hit on Mama T and Tim forgetting Rey could levitate over his head gave me the win. Good game.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2023 4:16:32 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023: Round 1 game #2
Mando (3 pts) defeated Urbanshmi(0 pts) : (100-30)
gandalfthegreatestwizard (3 pts) defeats thereisnotry (0 pts) : (125-42)
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (0 pts) : (107-31)
Darkdracul (3 pts) defeats TimmerB123 (1 pts) : (110-54)
Urbanjedi defeats (3 pts) defeats FlyingArrow (0 pts) : (108-5)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023
Leaderboard after round 1, game #1 completion.
1: 6 Points: DarkDracul - WW
2: 6 Points: Spryguy1981 - WW
3: 6 Points: Mando - WW
4: 3 Points: Thereisnotry - WL
5. 3 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - LW
6: 3 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WL
7. 3 Points: urbanjedi - LW
8. 1 Points: TimmerB123 - LL
9: 0 Points: FlyingArrow - LL
10: 0 Points: UrbanShmi - LL