RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 2) Options
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2023 8:54:52 AM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
I’m assuming that head to head will be a tiebreaker before cumulative in-game points?

correct
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 7:36:13 AM

spryguy1981 (3) def thereisnotry (1) 161-78 on Mushroom Planet

Reinforcements: Human BG, 2 Mice, Uggie
R1 positioning Satele to gambit

R2 Bastila turns on the juice and Atton kills Jag.

R3 Atton shoots at Jaina but she makes all deflect saves. Jaina kills Satele as I failed 6 parry saves. At this point I legit thought I was done for as I didn't even get to use Satele. I move my Human BG adjacent to Jaq. I keep Bastila on.

R4 Trevor wins init and Double + Twin's Jaq and I BG off 2 attacks. Jaq at 20. Jaq doubles Jaina for 80 as Trevor fails his saves. Then Senator cannons Jaq who kills Jaina and Callista as ABM is still on and she can't zombie save Jaina. Now I have double override and can maniuplate doors.

R5 I load up the center room with the rest of my squad and keep doors locked until I can get it all setup.

R6 Bastila charges in and bases Wedge putting 20 on him. I cannon Bastila who misses the cannon shot. Jaq then shoots twice and hits one leaving Wedge at 30.

R7 I win init and let him go first. He puts 20 on Bastila and I use Senator to cannon her and she hits but he makes his AD saves. He goes with Han and triples Bastila and puts another 60 on her. She's at 30HP. She kills Wedge and runs into the central room, Atton shoots Han for 30, game ends at the end of the round.

Losing Satele early hurt. I genuinely thought I was done for at that point but then Atton with the Senator were able to kill Jaina and Callista and I was able to utilize my tech to maintain the advantage. Great game with Trevor as always.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 12:24:55 PM

TimmerB123 over gandalfthegreatestwizard 104-55 (2-0)

I’ll write up later if I can
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 3:47:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TJ and I are scheduled to play about 8 central tonight.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 6:35:43 PM

FlyingArrow over UrbanShmi 3-0 on Mushroom Planet. FA on left, US on right.

R1: Advance. Commandos get a bunch of shots on Mace and get good rolls. 70dmg on Mace. Mace in gambit, Fixer in gambit. 8-8

R2: Skywalker attacks Fixer, 40dmg. Shots back at Skywalker, 20dmg. Fixer locks the rest of Mace's squad behind the door. Ug blows the door and Foul tries to kill Fixer. Success (31-8). Commandos' R2 tows Big Sev up for no cover shots on Skyguy, 60dmg - 20hp left. Mace runs in to try to kill Sev, but good shields rolls keep Sev alive with 10hp. Mace is now out front so he takes shots from the other commandos (except WotC Sev, who is moving across the top of the map). Mace takes 20 more dmg (60hp left). Coordinated Movement has allowed WotC Sev to move across the top of the map and come in the top door of the gambit room (opened earlier by R2). He comes into the gambit room and gets a no cover shot on Skywalker to defeat him before the end of the round (55-31). Gambit for both. 63-39 Commandos lead.

R3: Mace wins the big init and kills Big Sev, then hides behind Foul. WotC Sev kills Mace's Doombot. Shots at Foul bring him down to 30hp and drain his Force points. Gambit for both. 80-70 Commandos lead.

R4: The rolls have been slightly in my favor all along, but this is where it gets ridiculous. Bacara crits Foul to kill him (103-70). Mace goes to kill WotC Sev. Rolls a 1. Rerolls and hits. Shields make it 0dmg. Second hit, shields fail for 20dmg. Third hit, shields make it 0dmg, and Sev lives with 10hp. WotC Sev hits Mace but he blocks it - then only 1fp left. Scorch crits Mace in cover needing a 16, Boss misses but the cannon shot to Scorch hits with an 18, killing Mace (168-70). Gambit at the end of the round.

Final: 176-70.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 7:05:20 PM

Mando (3pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (1pt): 181-92

I won map roll, so we played on Theed Palace. N3rd took left side. I bring a Skyborn Ranger on Uvak with reinforcment.

Crazy finish to the game! Before I detail what happened, here's how the game went.

Round 1: I activate dark aura on Exar, vongrella gives extr fp to Caedus. Positioning everyone near bottom right door. Vader gets into gambit and door into gambit gets overrided open.

Round 2: after a few turns, I go with Caedus and get the action started. Regular attack with sith rage and cunning on Vader, doing 40 dmg and riposte for another 40 after Vader riposte my attack. Vader fails djem so save because he needs a 15 with Dark Aura in effect. Vader is at 40hp. Vader lightsaber throws against Caedus, who uses Master illusion 2 times against the attacks, negating the damage because Vader needs to roll a 20 to get past the illusion because of Dark Aura. Vongrella zaps Vader for 10 dmg after his DA save. Caedus takes 30 dmg total from Imperial Navy Trooper and Death Trooper who combine fire using Tarkins Fire When Ready SA to get past my being able to use Master Illusion. My Skyborn Ranger does battering charge on Tarkin, Issard, mouse and r7, taking out the mouse and r7.

Round 3: I win init and don't choose to Flow Walk. Can't remember exact details, but some how Vader was still alive and Caedus was activated. I think i had missed on the attacks vs Vader with Caedus. Caedus rolls really well on Makashi saves and avoids the damage from Vader. Sidious uses Dominate on Caedus who fails the save and takes another turn, and takes out Vader and does SBM on a bunch of troopers, Tarkin and Issard. My skyborn ranger battering assaults and does 40 dmg to issard, Tarkin and kills 2 navy troopers. Death trooper and Tarkin fail to take out the ranger.

Round 4: I win init and Caedus goes first and does 30 dmg to Death trooper. Ranger dies to Tarkin and Death trooper. Tarkin dies to lightning from sidious and vongrella.

Round 5: I win init and take out Death Trooper and then try and take out Issard to finish the game. But Caedus rolls a 1......betrayal kicks in and now my 80 hp, 6 fp Caedus joins N3rds team. What a crazy turn of events! Vongrella and Sidious do 50 dmg to Caedus total with lightning and playerin bol (save 15 with Dark aura). Exar steals a force point from the traitorous Sith Lord.

Round 6: I win init, but Caedus aing ti flow walks and takes Vongrella down to 30 hp wo survives thanks to a good Lightsaber defense save roll. I use Vongrella to zap Issard for 20 dmg and finishes off Issard to get me to over 150pts. Caedus goes now and takes Vongrella out and my holocron. Exar steals force from Caedus, and Sidious uses that force to zap Caedus 2 times and he's at 10hp. Game ends as we are over 150pts, but N3rd was able to kill enough of my stuff thanks to Caedus betrayal that he got the 1pt loss out of it.

What a turn of events this game had! I was still able to pull off the 3pt win because of my auto damage dealers, but if Caedus hadn't betrayed me, the score would be much lower. With Caedus at 10hp, he wouldn't have been able to defeat a 100hp Sidious next round if it had gone that long (plus he didn't have enough force for Aing Ti Flow Walk thanks to Exar, DFS stealing some of his fp), but it still was a really fun way to see the game end. Exar's Dark Aura really helped this game to help Caedus take out Vader, because it made Vader fail 3 Djem So saves (he would have made them if not for the save 15). Skyborn Ranger really helped vs the Troopers and the SBM that allowed me to do a lot of damage to them was probably the big turning point since it did a good chunk of damage to Tarkin and Issard and took out 2 troopers, which limited the damage N3rd could do vs Caedus because of Fire When Ready on Tarkin. Good game! N3rdSl4y3r is a great player and it was fun getting to have a game against him for the first time ever. That Vader squad is really good and Vader is scary to go against if you are melee.

Mando
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2023 6:46:25 AM

I have submitted my round 3 squad to a third party, so everyone can send me there squads and map for Round 3. Sounds like our last game of round 2 will be played tonight, so when I have everyone's squads/maps I can start then next round and post pairings.

We have some people who will be gone during vacation on Spring Break next week, so I will be giving an extra week for everyone to get their games in for the first game of round 3.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2023 8:23:06 AM

Sent
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2023 6:05:30 PM

Sent
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2023 6:37:26 PM

Urban Jedi defeats Dark Dracul 198-40

Bryan won map, and I chose the left.

Rd 1
Just positioning and I got to gambit. Bryan did lock the door to keep me in gambit

Rd 2
More positioning by me. He finally brought reylo in and tried to work on the emperor but got parried away and only did the 20 repulse damage with teamwork.

Rd 3
I lightninged Reylo and they failed the act save. Vader finally got out of the gambit area and started working on some cobalt guys. Poe took some shots at the Sid but missed after getting levitated adjacent

Rd 4
I rolled a 1 for init so he went first (was outside the anarchist bubble) and he came in and either missed or got parried. Poe dropped a crit on palps. Palps tried to kill poe but rolled too many 1s to succeed. He got Poe out of there afterward Vader was working on taking care of paige and BB8 locked him out of the gambit room at this point.

Rd 5
I won init and lightninged Reylo but after a couple FPRR he made the save. He missed some attacks and the rest was parried away. Poe jumped back in and did some more damage to Sid. Vader and BB8 were playing some door games and with surprise move and such Vader finally got back into the fight.

Rd 6
He won init again and finally got an attack with Reylo through Sids Parries. Sid then went and finished off Poe finally and dropped Reylo down to 10. Vader finished off BB8 and finally came to hang out with reylo and Sid.

Rd 7
He won init again and couldn't get any damage through misses and parries again. Sid then went and punched a hole through parry finishing off both reylo and luke ghost.

This game was much, much closer than the score indicates. If Bryan had some better attack rolls and I had missed an extra parry or two, he would have killed Sid and been up 140 to (plus another gambit at the end of the round) and it would have been an interesting couple of vader activations to see if he could get the last damage through parry, or Bryan would have won.

UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2023 2:17:03 PM

When does the next round start?
Mando
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2023 3:43:36 PM

We can start the next round on Monday. We'll have 2 weeks for everyone to get the games in because of Spring Break vacation.
Mando
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2023 5:31:57 PM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023: Round 2 game #2

Mando (3pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (1pt) : (181-92)
urbanjedi (3pts) defeats DarkDracul (0pt) : (198-40)
spryguy1981 (3pts) defeats Thereisnotry (1pt) : (161-78)
Timmerb123 (2pts) defeats gandalfthegreatestwizard (0pt) : (104-55)
FlyingArrow (3pt) defeats urbanshmi (0pts) : (176-70)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023
Leaderboard after round 2, game #2 completion.
1: 12 Points: Mando - WWWW
2: 9 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWLW
3: 7 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWL
4: 7 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WLWL
5. 7 Points: urbanjedi - LWLW
6: 7 Points: DarkDracul - WWLL
7. 6 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - LWWL
8. 5 Points: TimmerB123 - LLWW
9: 3 Points: FlyingArrow - LLLW
10: 0 Points: UrbanShmi - LLLL
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2023 5:46:12 PM

Mando wrote:

Mando (43pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (1pt) : (181-92)

43 tournament points!?! Something seems fishy LOL
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2023 7:28:34 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Mando wrote:

He beat me pretty good, so it seems about right.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2023 9:56:46 PM

I didn't get a point in that last game, by the way. I should be at 6.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2023 1:49:44 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Mando wrote:

Oops lol, didn't mean to add the 4. Didn't make my total points 40 pts higher tho so I got that right. Thanks for the correction Tim and Joe. The post should be updated now to be correct