RegisterDonateLogin

Any attack made by the Rebels against Bloo Milk would be a useless gesture.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Busy time? Options
chiech22
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 5:25:32 AM
Groups: Member

Been a long time since I was here. Typical story of boy cleans basement, boy rediscovers all his old SW minis, boy remembers how much fun he had, boy downloads Vassal ... you get the gist.

Is there a time when folks gather to play SW minis on Vassal - I'd love to watch a few games and then try to play a few after that. Just don't want to continuously loiter on there in hope someone pops on.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 5:53:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You won't find random games at this point. You'll need to schedule a game with someone. There's a vassal tournament running right now, so there you'll find games going on sometimes, but rarely (if ever) find someone waiting there for a game.
chiech22
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 6:44:36 AM

I figured as much - do you use the Forums here or something else.

I read about the Tournaments. It sounds fun, but I'm sure the participants would have a closed room. Do they post when they are playing?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 7:33:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rooms are usually open if you want to watch. Ours was open when we played on Monday night. For audio most of us use the Star Wars Miniatures Discord. Sometimes games are announced in advance. For instance, urbanjedi and spryguy announced that they'll be playing Saturday morning.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 8:25:11 AM

chiech22 wrote:
I figured as much - do you use the Forums here or something else.

I read about the Tournaments. It sounds fun, but I'm sure the participants would have a closed room. Do they post when they are playing?

Glad to see a returning player, so welcome back! ThumpUp

I'll be playing a tournament game tonight against DarkDracul for Galactic Escalation at 7pm central, so if you'd like to watch you are welcome to join and be an observer! I don't typically lock rooms when i play unless its for playtesting an upcoming v-set. If you want to play a game on vassal, you can usually find someone to play against on bloomilk in the Vassal and Online play section if you post that you are looking for a game. If you ever want to play a game over lunch time, i'm usually able to get on during Monday thru Thursday.
chiech22
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2023 3:57:47 AM

Thanks for letting me listen in for a bit. Was very cool to experience all that again. And kudos to you all for all the work you have done since the official end date of SW mins and all the V-sets you have created. It really is top quality.

It is great to see that this community is as awesome as it was when I placed my plastic containers on the shelf, and stored my laminated maps in portfolio sleeves all those years ago.