RegisterDonateLogin

Mine! Or I will help you not!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Playoffs)) Options
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 1:56:49 PM
Groups: Member

Congrats to our top 4 players in the Spring 2023 Galactic Escalation tournament! Its been a long tournament and there have been a lot of great battles fought by every player in the tournament.

Our top 4 players going into the playoffs are:

1: Spryguy1981
2: Thereisnotry
3. Gandalfthegreatestwizard
4: Mando

Matchups will be the following for the semifinals games of this tournament:

Spryguy1981 (1) vs Mando (4)

Thereisnotry (2) vs Gandalfthegreatestwizard (3)

You will have a week to get your game in, so please get your game played by midnight of May 16th. If people need an extension of time to get a game in, just let me know and we can add additional time if needed. May the force be with you all!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 1:58:07 PM

Mando:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/241687/galactic-escalation-round-4--go-with-the-flow-

--Galactic Escalation Round 4 (Go with the Flow)--
56 Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
58 Naga Sadow, Sith Lord
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
38 Darth Sion, Lord of Pain
44 Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal
39 Darth Sidious, Sith Emperor
17 Vongerella, Dark Jedi
15 Sith Holocron
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(338pts. 10 activations)

Map: Modular Base

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/241946/escalating-nr-350

--Escalating NR 350--
100 Luke Skywalker, Master of the Order
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
32 Jaina Solo Fel, Jedi Master
32 Lando Calrissian, New Republic Liaison
29 Ganner Rhysode
25 Callista, Force Spirit
25 Head of State Jagged Fel
23 General Wedge Antilles
18 Lor San Tekka
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(350pts. 11 activations)

Map: Modular Base

gandalfthegreatestwizard:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/242071/and-eyeless-creatures-be

--And eyeless creatures be--
100 Luke Skywalker, Master of the Order
48 Kyp Durron, Jedi Master
45 Colonel Jacen Solo
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Captain Shevu
25 Callista, Force Spirit
22 Ben Skywalker, Jedi
15 Eryl Besa
30 Jedi Supervisor x3
8 Galactic Alliance Senator

(350pts. 12 activations)

Map: Crime Lord's Palace

spryguy1981:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/243460/todays-jaqbot-is--350

--Today's JaqBot is $350--
64 Master Thon
44 Meetra Surik, Republic General
37 Satele Shan
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
33 Vima Sunrider
30 Twi-lek Jedi General
27 Lobot
14 Old Republic Senator
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(338pts, 13 activations)

Map: Desert Palace
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 2:25:31 AM

Spryguy1981 and I have our match today at 12pm central if anyone is interested in watching. Will be a classic Sith vs Old Republic showdown before we see the New Republic civil war with the theresinotry and gandalf duking it out with Galactic Alliance and Jedi.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 10:42:31 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) defeats Mando (1) 366-268 on Desert Palace

R1 he moved Nihilus into LoS of Atton and I was able to take him out because he failed his holocron movement save and I had on ABM

R2 Sion dies, Satele dies, Vima dies, others take damage.

R3 Caedus dies, Atton dies, Exar dies, Holocron dies, Palpatine dies, Naga dies, Thon dies, scrubs die.

R4 Everything dies on his squad but Traya and Nexus. TJG dies, Wicket dies.

I made a lot of Presence saves with T3 to keep me able to target. At the end of the game I had full HP Bastila, 10HP Meetra, 20HP T3, Senator and some fodder, He had 60HP Traya. It was super close and super swingy. I killed Nihilus right away and then played very recklessly and nearly cost myself the game trying to hard to get Sion. Great game and super close.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 1:25:14 PM

Gandalf and I are scheduled to play on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 pm Eastern time.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2023 2:50:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalf defeats thereisnotry 350-204

I won map and chose Crime Lord's Palace. Trevor set up on the right with his Luke in gambit (we'll call him "Luuke", since he's an evil clone).

Round 1, I won init and used Ben Skywalker to pull his evil clone daddy closer to my squad. Luuke took out Ben with Djem So and his own attacks, then retreated. Luke went after Luuke with a LS Throw 2 and got 40 damage past Evade. Shevu took some potshots at Luuke but didn't get anything through. Ganner levitated Kyp in to whack Luuke, and missed 3/4 needing 6s, but rolled a crit for 50 damage. (Luuke used Force Defense for Kyp's Brutal Strike, but got blocked by Luke's Force Defense.) Caallista moved up close to Luuke and opened the door between them with Override, but Callista (my one) was having none of that and locked the door, separating them. We both moved up the rest of our squads.

Round 2, Trevor won init. Luuke killed Kyp, but had to use his Force points rerolling a couple of 1s. Luke moved adjacent to Luuke and took him out with a Throw 2, also killing Caallista who was haunting him but not able to resurrect him since she was temporarily out of range due to the door being locked. Trevor levitated an Ugnaught in with Gaanner to blow the door. Jaina leaped in, killed Eryl and hit Jacen for 60, parrying the Reflexes attack and leaped back out of the room next to Lor San Tekka. Jacen raged and hit her twice, one parried and one bodyguarded. Shevu killed Lor San Tekka, giving Jaina a Noble Sacrifice attack to kill Kyp's Supervisor, and then hit Jaina for 20. Han rolled up and hit Luke 1/3 times needing 10s, then Lando hit Luke twice leaving him at 60 HP. Wedge and Jag took some shots, getting some damage through on Ganner.

Round 3, I won init. Shevu moved next to Jaina for a Double/Cunning/Momentum, but after hitting the first one and failing Deflect, he rolled a 1 so she lived. Jaina leaped and killed Ganner and Luke's Supervisor. Han took shots at Shevu but only hit 1 needing 10s. Luke took out Jaina after she missed a couple of parries, and Jacen Raged to kill Wedge. Ganner pushed Jacen. Jag and TBSV killed Ganner's Supervisor. Lando phased Shevu.

Round 4, I won init. Luke used a Throw 2 to kill Lando, moving out of range of my Callista. Ganner levitated Han for his one shot at killing Luke, but Luke made both LS Defense saves to live with 30 HP (and would have lived anyway with Jacen bodyguarding, unless 2 crits happened). Callista moved up. Jag took out the Senator. TBSV finished off Luke and he resurrected via Callista. Luke killed Han, Jacen killed the TBSV.

Round 5, Trevor won init, Ganner pushed Jacen, then Luke cleaned up Jag.
Mando
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2023 11:37:22 AM

Congrats to our 2 players in the finale!

Matchup will be the following final game of this tournament:

Spryguy1981 vs Gandalfthegreatestwizard

Maybe we will get to see a livestream on SHNN/youtube for it?!?! Regardless, looking forward to seeing the results! May the force be with you both in this Old vs New throwdown. ThumbsUp
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 5:46:14 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
gandalf defeats thereisnotry 350-204

I won map and chose Crime Lord's Palace. Trevor set up on the right with his Luke in gambit (we'll call him "Luuke", since he's an evil clone).

Round 1, I won init and used Ben Skywalker to pull his evil clone daddy closer to my squad. Luuke took out Ben with Djem So and his own attacks, then retreated. Luke went after Luuke with a LS Throw 2 and got 40 damage past Evade. Shevu took some potshots at Luuke but didn't get anything through. Ganner levitated Kyp in to whack Luuke, and missed 3/4 needing 6s, but rolled a crit for 50 damage. (Luuke used Force Defense for Kyp's Brutal Strike, but got blocked by Luke's Force Defense.) Caallista moved up close to Luuke and opened the door between them with Override, but Callista (my one) was having none of that and locked the door, separating them. We both moved up the rest of our squads.

Round 2, Trevor won init. Luuke killed Kyp, but had to use his Force points rerolling a couple of 1s. Luke moved adjacent to Luuke and took him out with a Throw 2, also killing Caallista who was haunting him but not able to resurrect him since she was temporarily out of range due to the door being locked. Trevor levitated an Ugnaught in with Gaanner to blow the door. Jaina leaped in, killed Eryl and hit Jacen for 60, parrying the Reflexes attack and leaped back out of the room next to Lor San Tekka. Jacen raged and hit her twice, one parried and one bodyguarded. Shevu killed Lor San Tekka, giving Jaina a Noble Sacrifice attack to kill Kyp's Supervisor, and then hit Jaina for 20. Han rolled up and hit Luke 1/3 times needing 10s, then Lando hit Luke twice leaving him at 60 HP. Wedge and Jag took some shots, getting some damage through on Ganner.

Round 3, I won init. Shevu moved next to Jaina for a Double/Cunning/Momentum, but after hitting the first one and failing Deflect, he rolled a 1 so she lived. Jaina leaped and killed Ganner and Luke's Supervisor. Han took shots at Shevu but only hit 1 needing 10s. Luke took out Jaina after she missed a couple of parries, and Jacen Raged to kill Wedge. Ganner pushed Jacen. Jag and TBSV killed Ganner's Supervisor. Lando phased Shevu.

Round 4, I won init. Luke used a Throw 2 to kill Lando, moving out of range of my Callista. Ganner levitated Han for his one shot at killing Luke, but Luke made both LS Defense saves to live with 30 HP (and would have lived anyway with Jacen bodyguarding, unless 2 crits happened). Callista moved up. Jag took out the Senator. TBSV finished off Luke and he resurrected via Callista. Luke killed Han, Jacen killed the TBSV.

Round 5, Trevor won init, Ganner pushed Jacen, then Luke cleaned up Jag.

I watched most of this game and it was great. Could have gone either way. Lots of exciting moments
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 2:42:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spry and I are planning to play Wednesday 10pm EST (tonight). Congratulations to spry on his victory
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 7:24:02 PM

Spryguy1981 defeats Gandalfthegreatestwizard 386-304 on Desert Palace.

Let me just say that this was a huge come from behind win and I honestly thought I was down and out after the first round due to his save rolls as opposed to mine. Joe made his first 5 or 6 save rolls which included Djem So rolls with Luke that allowed him to take down Thon.

R1 He moved all of his dudes into the gambit room and started some shenanigans. Ganner levitated Luke within 6 of Satele. Luke used LS Throw 2 to kill her. I tried to Absorb Energy but he used Force Defense. This did leave him with 0 FP so I was like hey, I'll take that. I moved Wicket up to put Luke in traps and then used Meetra to move Atton forward. He blocked Luke with his 2 Supervisors so Atton killed both of them to allow for Thon to base Luke. I had a big choice to make early between using a repulse or trying to just brute force Luke down. I elected for the latter and it ended up being the wrong choice. I used Charging Assault to put 90 on Luke but he made both of his Djem So saves and killed Thon who had taken some damage from Shevu which I should've defensed as at first I thought I was going to Repulse because his whole squad was there. Senator cannoned Atton who put 50 on Luke to put him at 10HP. I locked Kyp out who was behind a door

R2 I won init and elected to go first. Ben surprise moved adjacent to Atton to take away his shots on Luke. This was another play mistake I made as I should have gone with Atton and given up AoO's to kill Luke and damage something else but instead I opted to use Vima to take Luke out who again made his Djem So save but died along with Callista. because I didn't use Atton this allowed Ben to kill him instead of me maybe surviving an extra round. T3 got into the action and flamed a group of his guys. Joe killed Vima. At this point I had already lost Atton, Vima, Satele, and Thon and it wasn't looking good but I kept at it. Meetra killed Ben and pulled the TJG next to her. TJG then activated and kamikazied Jacen and took 40 on the attack back. Bastila kept ABM going. He got my TJG down to 30 or something. It was at this point that my save rolls turned around and so did his. Ben's failed defense save and my TJG made a bunch of hers.

R3 He won init and killed my TJG leaving Meetra, T3, Bastila, and Wicket against the world. He started moving Kyp around the backside of the board to get to my squad. Meetra did some damage to Ganner.

R4 I won init and did some more damage to people and Meetra pulled Bastila adjacent to her with the CE. My intent was to kill Eryl Besa and then cannon Bastila next turn to kill Shevu but did not account for levitation. At the point I started to nickel and dime Kyp who was in the action. He took a Flame from T3, a spear from Wicket.

R5 I won init and used Meetra to damage Ganner some more and use Withdrawal so he couldn't push her to death. I missed Kyp with T3, then Kyp gave up some AoO's to base Bastila and ended up at 60HP. He used Throw 2 but I made my LSD save and he missed an attack leaving her at 30HP. I used double and a cannon to finish Kyp off. At the end of the round I had 347pts so I was super close to winning at this point.

R6 I win init and Bastila assaults Ganner and runs away. Shevu then comes in and kills t3 and hits Meetra who makes another LSD save and sticks around with 10HP. Meetra kills the Supervisor and ends the game at the end of the round,

Props to Joe for playing a great game against a tough counter squad. I was back on my heels real quick and it seemed pretty bleak. Trevor can attest to that. That's the hardest I've had to scrap to win a game. Many thanks to Mando for running a fun event and allow our squadbuilding prowess to shine. Looking forward to the next league.