RegisterDonateLogin

I do not want the Emperor's prize damaged. We will test it on Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Stifling Attack Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 11:31:25 AM
Groups: Member

Overley28 wrote:
Adding on to this but trying to get some clarification on Force Immunity with sith reflexes. Can you use Teleport to move and make an attack against someone with force immunity? Sith reflexes is what is responding to the attack, but is the force power being used also responding to the attack? This adds on to the debate of what is responding to a characters attacks debate going on.

Force Immunity does not prevent the use of Special Abilities.

Sith Reflexes is a Special Ability that generates an immediate use of a Force Power.
You are responding to Sith Reflexes being triggered, you are not using a Force Power in response to a Force Immune character. You may use a Force Power such as Lightsaber Throw or Teleport since they are affecting the user.

You still could not use a Force Power (like Force Lightning) to affect Force Immune enemies.

Overley28
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 11:37:04 AM

Thanks, that is what I thought too.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2023 5:58:10 AM

I wanted to see if the rules committee reached a conclusion on the interaction between Stifling Attack and Sith Reflexes? Thanks.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2023 6:23:32 AM

No, we are still waiting to hear a ruling on the timing.

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2023 5:41:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rules committee's conclusion is that Stifling Attack prevents the use of Sith Reflexes. This is in line with an earlier ruling about Suppressive Fire and Counter Push.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 6:47:00 AM

I just want to clarify the abilities that now prevent the use of Sith Reflexes. Here is what I came up with, but wanted to know if there were some others?

Suppressive Fire, Stifling Attack, Overwhelming Force 2, Brutal Strike.

From my understanding you should still be able to use Sith Reflexes in response to Overwhelming Force and Overwhelming Power, since you are not preventing the attack or the damage, but responding to taking damage. Also, these two do not specify that you cannot use special abilities like the others. Is this correct?
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 9:17:51 PM

N3rdSl4y3r wrote:
I just want to clarify the abilities that now prevent the use of Sith Reflexes. Here is what I came up with, but wanted to know if there were some others?

Suppressive Fire, Stifling Attack, Overwhelming Force 2, Brutal Strike.

From my understanding you should still be able to use Sith Reflexes in response to Overwhelming Force and Overwhelming Power, since you are not preventing the attack or the damage, but responding to taking damage. Also, these two do not specify that you cannot use special abilities like the others. Is this correct?

This appears correct.