RegisterDonateLogin

It is your destiny.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

3D Printing for V-set Minis Options
Canoekudos
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 8:48:00 AM
Groups: Member

Are there any online retailers that do custom printing at the SWM 28 mm scale that anyone can recommend?

Thanks
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 9:16:53 AM

Skull Forge Studios and Black Remnant are some designers that make great models. They have stores on Gumroad and both have Patreon. They are scaled for legion, but I scale them down 90-95% and they fit in great. I am not sure if you can order physical pieces that are scaled down to SWM size, but a good place to start looking.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 9:17:55 AM

I'm not aware of any retailer who does that.

However, I heard that Mike (aka AceAce here on bloomilk) did a bunch of 3D printing for this year's GenCon Sealed event; I also heard that they came out *really* well. You might want to send him a Bloomail here to see what he recommends; it could be that he has the stl files himself, or else that he knows where to get them and where to get them printed.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 11:26:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I've seen a lot of 3d prints on etsy.com. I'm not sure how much customization there is outside if finding someone already offering a print of a character.
gholli69
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2023 12:06:30 AM

Yes, AceAce has a huge number of STL files and can also customize files if you have a specific character you want he may be able to come up with something. For instance I know he created a file for the new trandoshan on skiff from the latest set and it looks fabulous. He can also give you a good idea of how much to have legion stuff scaled down to fit SWM if you are wanting to buy elsewhere.it's
Canoekudos
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2023 6:58:06 PM

Thanks so much!!
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:43:35 AM

Black Remnant does a monthly group of anything from 8-20 figures.
He will do individual customs which you would need to talk to him about.
They are Legion Scale, but 3d prints you can change size at your convenience.

All the ones mentioned above are OK. BR is just my favourite out of all.
His patron membership is only around £9 a month. At present he could really do with a few more members. just do a quick search for his miniatures on google to see just how good his figures are. he dos have a gumroad site as well for anyone who just want a individual figures. which is good but not as cost affective as pareron membership. However new figures that come out may not be what you need if after a particular figure. he does characters from all ears, so gumroad may be what you are looking for if after a certain figure.

Same will apply to many of the others listed as well. So not just black remnant.