RegisterDonateLogin

Will make point five past light speed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dominate Options
gartogg
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2023 10:32:39 PM
Groups: Member

I’ve had Sly Moore for some time, but don’t think I’ve made the best use of her Dominate ability. I’ve just played a game with her and a few things came up and I can see arguments for both sides.
Card Text
Replaces turn: Target living character takes an immediate turn under your control, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase, even if it has already been activated this round; save 11. The target character cannot move this turn.
Glossary Text
Instead of taking its normal turn, this character can take control of a target living character, even one who has already been activated this round. (This does not count as an activation.) The target character takes a turn as though it were on the acting player's squad but cannot move. It can resist this effect with a save of 11. Determine legal targets normally for enemy characters; any allied character in line of sight is a legal target.
My questions are:
If I Dominate a character that has Double Attack, do I get to take advantage of DA?
I think the answer is yes, but you could argue that it is technically Sly Moore’s turn, not the Dominated character’s turn, and the Dominated character can only use Double Attack “On his turn …..”.
and
While Dominating the character, can I use the Dominated character’s Force Points.
Once again, I think yes, but could easily be convinced the other way.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2023 12:46:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dominate grants an immediate turn to the character you Dominate (assuming they fail the save). Sly Moore's turn is interrupted- and it counts as a "real" turn for the Dominated character. So yes, you can use their abilities like Double Attack and their Force points. There are some things that the character does not get on this turn- no Force Renewal, for example, since the character is getting a turn but not "activating". But you can use most abilities, Force powers and even commander effects.
gartogg
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2023 1:36:00 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for replying Gandalf. And an extra thank you for the clear and detailed explanation.