RegisterDonateLogin

It's not wise to upset Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Who is playing Shatterpoint Options
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 12:54:52 PM
Groups: Member

It's been about a week know since the release of Shatterpoint. I've gotten all the minis and terrain painted.

I am enjoying the game a lot, and the squad-based nature of the game really makes it feel closer to SWM than something like Legion. I am just curious if any SWM vets out there have spent time with the game and if so, what their thoughts are.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 1:24:38 PM

It looks interesting, but I'm not interested in painting anymore. I did a pile of painting for SW Imperial Assault and I just didn't enjoy that part of the game. I know that some people really get into the hobby aspect of their games, and I'm happy that they've got (what appears to be) such an excellent game to work with. From what I've heard, the minis/sculpts are amazing!
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 1:50:34 PM

Yes, I agree painting does suck. I have found that the Slap Chop method + contrast paints 1) makes painting take half the time, and 2) makes painting bearable. If you're not familiar with slap chop or contrast paints, and you're otherwise interested in getting into a hobby that requires painting, I recommend you check those terms out on YouTube. They're absolute game changers.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 2:29:31 PM

I have some contrast paints. I'll have to see what Slap Chop means.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2023 2:51:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I know nothing about it. Care sharing a few of the pros and cons of gameplay?

Painting and me have grown apart over the years. I used to love modifying swm units, but I don't have it in me to paint a battalion. That crosses the fun/artistic threshold hold and lands solidly in the production line zone.
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2023 7:10:31 AM

Not me.
This is now the third game by them for star wars, as such will no longer buy there products. Shatterpoint is even worse as the figures are a different scale.
Plus spending my creds on 3d printing, printing as many figure for the vsets as i can. around 50% for unique and 30% for none unique.
More each month that gos by.

Still I am several vsets behind at present time. So will need to catch up at some point.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2023 5:44:34 PM

I was intrigued when I heard the announcement because it reminded me of SWM but I’m not looking to invest right now. I’d rather sink my cash into completing my SWM collection.

The only thing I might shell out for is that republic commando squad pack I’m a sucker for commando merch. (Mostly because I had seen the delta squad action figure pack in target years ago for $25 and now it’s worth like $200 at least)
Randy
Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 8:15:56 AM

I have played a little bit. It is fun and has a decent pace. IT takes a long time to play unfortunately.