Is your father.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Cable Grab Question Options
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 9:46:16 AM
Groups: Member

Quote:
Cable Grab Card Text

Usable at the beginning of this character's turn only if it doesn't move this turn; place this character in a square within line of sight and 10 squares that is bordered by a wall or closed door

Are you able to cable to grab to a corner of a wall? I think yes, but just looking for some clarification.

I am basing this off of wall climber, which says 'adjacent to a wall' in the card text, and then switches to 'bordered by a wall' in the glossary text. From my understanding you can run around a corner using wall climber, so that means the corner is adjacent/bordered by a wall.

Quote:
Wall Climber Card Text

This character ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving as long as a square it occupies and a square it is moving into are adjacent to a wall

Glossary Text

This character ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving, as long as a square it occupies and a square it is moving into are bordered by a wall. This special ability otherwise works just like Flight.

Hopefully the question makes sense, thanks.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 10:20:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The designer intention for Cable Grab was that you must land in a square with a wall on one of the four sides (not a corner). That's why they used bordered rather than adjacent.

FlyingArrow wrote:
What if we also made it "bordered by a wall" instead of just "adjacent". Makes it a bit harder to use it since squares diagonally adjacent to a wall would no longer qualify.

It was overlooked that the same term was already used in the glossary of Wall Climber. Still, not the first time that the same term has meant different things in different abilities. I would just view it as an imprecision in the glossary of Wall Climber (which does allow you to ignore terrain when moving into a corner square).
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 10:25:18 AM
Groups: Member

That makes more sense. Thanks for the insight.