RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Map Pack 9: Last Stand at Alpha M-Zero Options
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 7:31:34 AM
Groups: Member

What's up everyone, long time.

Map Pack 9 is about 75 percent finished. 8 Maps, with possible 2 more if enough funds are raised.

The centerpiece is a 4-map outpost called Outpost Alpha-M-Zero.
Also included is a 2 map Jungle Road based heavily on the planet Umbara from the Clone Wars Cartoon.
Finishing up the collection Noble Estate, based heavily on Alderaan from the The Old Republic MMORPG and Ancient Sanctuary, a general purpose ancient cave, once home to a long forgotten people, clan, or religion.

So far, 2 maps have restricted potential in my opinion, and 3 of the 4 Outpost maps are likely candidates, as I'm designing them for that purpose.

BUT... I need some help in that department.

This is likely going to be the last SWM specific set of maps I do, I may do reprints of older maps, but this will probably the last set of new maps. As such, I really want these maps to make it count, so I'd really love some assistance from whoever is responsible for creating the restricted list. I'd like to really run the I'd really like to run the Outpost maps through the ringer to ensure this is as meaningful a set of maps as I can do for you all before I move on to other things. Getting as many of the maps on the restricted list is important to many of you, and even though my career has moved me on arguably bigger things, these Star Wars Maps were always my first love, and I want to go out on top.

So If those people could reach out to me on Facebook, either on one of my 2 personal pages, or my MattsMaps page, I'd appreciate it. Maybe we can make a group chat or discord server.

Thanks, Matt Francella, formerly known as Jedicartographer.

harryg
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 7:51:44 AM

How do I pay to contribute funds/get the maps?
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 2:21:28 PM

You can buy some of his past creations at his website:
https://www.mattsmaps.org/

I'm not sure how to contribute to his current project. I'm interested in perhaps helping with the work on these current maps, though. I'd love to see some new tournament-ready SWM maps.
Cassus fett
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 5:27:05 PM

I don’t currently have a lot of time to play test. New job and finishing school are keeping me busy. BUT I would love to financially contribute, even if it’s just buying the finished pack because your previous maps are simply phenomenal.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 3:46:19 AM

Once I get more of the the last big map finished, at least the floor plans finalized, I’ll do a Kickstarter. Printing costs and shipping costs have increased significantly over time, and I did have to raise the price the last map I put out. I kept the price for 4 maps at 45 dollars for the longest time, but it’s probably going to be 53 dollars plus shipping. And then what happens, I end up with too many maps a year later and lower the prices, which isn’t fair to you guys, but the hope is that a stretch goal will add a map to the pack that will be at no extra cost, so you’re still getting a good deal. Also, I’ll have print and play tiles, and hopefully a very nice bonus written by some of my new friends in the gaming industry, as exclusive bonuses. Some of the DLC will convert the Umbara map into an AT-AT friendly map. The map was orinally planned to have a continuous road going east to west across the whole thing, but I ended up seeing that as too problematic in a regular game. But the tile will easily turn it back into an AT-AT map.

There’s also going to be lots of bonus materials for you guys, easily printed at home for all the maps.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 7:00:49 AM

Please let us know! That new job may be sapping my time, but it's made my disposable income go right up.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 8:28:17 AM

Jedicartographer wrote:
Once I get more of the the last big map finished, at least the floor plans finalized, I’ll do a Kickstarter. Printing costs and shipping costs have increased significantly over time, and I did have to raise the price the last map I put out. I kept the price for 4 maps at 45 dollars for the longest time, but it’s probably going to be 53 dollars plus shipping. And then what happens, I end up with too many maps a year later and lower the prices, which isn’t fair to you guys, but the hope is that a stretch goal will add a map to the pack that will be at no extra cost, so you’re still getting a good deal. Also, I’ll have print and play tiles, and hopefully a very nice bonus written by some of my new friends in the gaming industry, as exclusive bonuses. Some of the DLC will convert the Umbara map into an AT-AT friendly map. The map was orinally planned to have a continuous road going east to west across the whole thing, but I ended up seeing that as too problematic in a regular game. But the tile will easily turn it back into an AT-AT map.

There’s also going to be lots of bonus materials for you guys, easily printed at home for all the maps.

I pretty much have all the SWM's maps that you've made, so you can count on my pledge on Kickstarter for the new maps. Let us know when the time comes.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 3:40:21 PM

Matt, I sent you an invite to our SWM Map Committee FB group.
We are the advisory group to Shawn who chooses our map list each year.
Advisors: Bryan, TaeJin, Ran Dy, Deri Morgan, & Mike Giles.

harryg
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:47:56 PM

Jedicartographer wrote:

Sounds well worth it to me. I’ll also gladly contribute; I’ve been very impressed with your past work and excited for this stuff.