Register • Donate • Login

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Should the floor rules include caps to Attack, Damage, and Defense Options
Randy
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 8:58:15 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/20/2012
Posts: 302
I have brought this up in private to several people and it has been a mix of responses. I put forth this here for open discussion before proposing it to the Balance Committee thread.

We all know that we have a problem here. We are in a constant state of pushing back and forth on pieces due to the Attack, Defense, or Damage ratings that are pushing the envelope farther and farther. I have a 6 point proposal that I think could help streamline the competitive game.

Quote:
1. Ranged attack damage should be capped at 80. This would be the maximum amount of damage that a shooter can do to a single target. (Excluding Crits)


Quote:
2. Adjacent attack damage should be capped at 120. This would be the maximum amount of damage that a single adjacent enemy could take. (Excluding Crits)


Quote:
3. Non-unique characters attack value cannot exceed +16


Quote:
4. Non-unique characters defense value cannot exceed 26.


Quote:
5. Unique characters attack value cannot exceed +20.


Quote:
6. Unique characters defense value cannot exceed 30.


This places maximum values on Attack, Defense, and Damage. Characters can get a bonus beyond the max, but it will never exceed a set number. A character capable of attacking multiple targets could shoot 2 people for 80 each, 1 character for 80 or 1 adjacent character for 120.

This is my proposal for reigning things in at a point where they roughly are now. Anyone else on board with this idea?
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 9:10:42 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/29/2008
Posts: 2,130
Location: Canada
I agree with this.

Question for clarification re:
Quote:
4. Non-unique characters defense value cannot exceed 26.

Quote:
6. Unique characters defense value cannot exceed 30.

...do you mean that these are the values before calculating for cover, or including cover?

So for example, if a Unique piece has 28 Defense (via synergy or something) and is in cover, his Def would only be counted as 30 (not 32) for the attack? Or would it be 32, because 28 is below the limit of 30, and cover is added afterward?
Randy
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 10:36:27 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/20/2012
Posts: 302
thereisnotry wrote:
I agree with this.

Question for clarification re:
Quote:
4. Non-unique characters defense value cannot exceed 26.

Quote:
6. Unique characters defense value cannot exceed 30.

...do you mean that these are the values before calculating for cover, or including cover?

So for example, if a Unique piece has 28 Defense (via synergy or something) and is in cover, his Def would only be counted as 30 (not 32) for the attack? Or would it be 32, because 28 is below the limit of 30, and cover is added afterward?

The total value including cover would not exceed 30.
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 11:18:44 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/27/2008
Posts: 1,642
Location: Los Angeles, California
Randy wrote:
I have brought this up in private to several people and it has been a mix of responses. I put forth this here for open discussion before proposing it to the Balance Committee thread.

We all know that we have a problem here. We are in a constant state of pushing back and forth on pieces due to the Attack, Defense, or Damage ratings that are pushing the envelope farther and farther. I have a 6 point proposal that I think could help streamline the competitive game.

Quote:
1. Ranged attack damage should be capped at 80. This would be the maximum amount of damage that a shooter can do to a single target. (Excluding Crits)


Quote:
2. Adjacent attack damage should be capped at 120. This would be the maximum amount of damage that a single adjacent enemy could take. (Excluding Crits)


Quote:
3. Non-unique characters attack value cannot exceed +16


Quote:
4. Non-unique characters defense value cannot exceed 26.


Quote:
5. Unique characters attack value cannot exceed +20.


Quote:
6. Unique characters defense value cannot exceed 30.


This places maximum values on Attack, Defense, and Damage. Characters can get a bonus beyond the max, but it will never exceed a set number. A character capable of attacking multiple targets could shoot 2 people for 80 each, 1 character for 80 or 1 adjacent character for 120.

This is my proposal for reigning things in at a point where they roughly are now. Anyone else on board with this idea?



+1.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 11:29:47 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/29/2008
Posts: 2,130
Location: Canada
Similar to my other question: What effect would Combined Fire have? I assume that it would be stackable beyond the +16 or +20 Attack cap, since using CF carries a cost.

So a beefed-up Boba Fett could get an effective +24 on an attack to hit the big 30 Defense enemy, if one of his allies used combined fire?
Randy
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2026 7:38:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/20/2012
Posts: 302
thereisnotry wrote:
Similar to my other question: What effect would Combined Fire have? I assume that it would be stackable beyond the +16 or +20 Attack cap, since using CF carries a cost.

So a beefed-up Boba Fett could get an effective +24 on an attack to hit the big 30 Defense enemy, if one of his allies used combined fire?

I don't want to punish combined fire. If that is the only way to go over the cap maybe it will encourage it. The BX Sniper would still be getting up to +20. It is not an attempt to punish any squad. Instead it is a floor rule trying to hold the power level close to where it is.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2026 4:13:18 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/16/2009
Posts: 1,572
How would these interactions work with Kanan's Blaster Barrage? Let's say I base 3 characters and use it. Would I get 80 Damage against each character or would he cap at 120 total. I.E. Character A takes 80, B takes 40, C takes 0?
Randy
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2026 4:02:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/20/2012
Posts: 302
spryguy1981 wrote:
How would these interactions work with Kanan's Blaster Barrage? Let's say I base 3 characters and use it. Would I get 80 Damage against each character or would he cap at 120 total. I.E. Character A takes 80, B takes 40, C takes 0?


Quote:
2. Adjacent attack damage should be capped at 120. This would be the maximum amount of damage that a single adjacent enemy could take. (Excluding Crits)
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.