RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rate thistrade quickly please Options
death by wookie 89
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:39:05 AM
Groups: Member

Boba BH
for

Dash rendar renegade smuggler
Boba fett merc
and padme amidala senator

is it a good trade?
techdog
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:50:07 AM

Its a good trade if you will use the three more then you use BBH. Its all about the two parties involved and their values of the pieces. It seems a fair trade I suppose.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:55:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

sure, both sides would do ok in that trade.
defender390
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:30:47 AM

Looks pretty good to me.
Durge Dude
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:47:58 AM

Sure, looks good for me, what side where you on, recieveing Boba BH or trading him, just out of curiosity
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:52:14 AM

i think, and this is my opinion of course, that you should get atleast 1 more mini out of the deal....
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:51:51 AM

Lol, one more mini would make it a no way for me. I like it as is. If anything, I would pull Padme out of the deal, as I really don't see how Dash plus Merc isn't already worth significantly more in terms of game play (which is generally my most important judgment for trades) than Boba BH alone - depending which side you are on of course :) But asking for another mini would be over the top as far as I am concerned and I would tell you to go jump off a cliff :)
death by wookie 89
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:14:26 AM

Durge dude i am tradeing boba BH
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:24:13 AM

lol , you can tell me to jump off the highest cliff if you wanted, but if you look at Ebay, Fetts going for 70$. when i trade, i look for both value, and play value. in Fetts case, its Cash value, because his playability is a high value.

Dash rendar Renegade Smuggler- $20 av.
padme senator -$10 av.
fett merc -$25 av.

now if you have more then one Fett BH, i say the trade is golden, BUT....if its the only one you have, then you have to be out of yer mind.

*Disclaimer* My opinion is not meant to cause mental anguish by any means, Lol.
death by wookie 89
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:26:25 AM

mandalore i think fett goes for around 30-35
DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:29:42 AM

I would not trade Fett BH unless I had 2 of them.He is way to fraggin cool!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:31:25 AM

i just sold a Fett merc for 25$.
he is between 20- 35$, which would make his average about 27$. i stand corrected. even still, i dont see the equality of the trade.
i did what i was asked, rate the trade.
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:51:49 AM

If all you care about is monetary value then trading is not for you. You go to ebay, and sell the mini for the $70 then buy the pieces you want. Worrying about losing a few dollars that you don't actually own in some arbitrary value system is pointless. If you both like the trade, will use the minis, then it's totally worth it. For me, I would never give you that much for Boba BH, so take it for what it's worth.
death by wookie 89
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:02:45 PM

thanks biliv
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:33:26 PM

billiv15 wrote:
If all you care about is monetary value then trading is not for you. You go to ebay, and sell the mini for the $70 then buy the pieces you want. Worrying about losing a few dollars that you don't actually own in some arbitrary value system is pointless. If you both like the trade, will use the minis, then it's totally worth it. For me, I would never give you that much for Boba BH, so take it for what it's worth.

i have taken it for what its worth, and if its worth 70$, ill take it.
like i said before, which by the way i think you missed completely because you are focused on my "monetary" opinion, i said, If you have more then one Fett BH, its a GOLDEN TRADE! Translation: Go for it! Have at it!
but if its the only one you have (which by the way, BH is out of print.), you should keep it. the operative word here folks, is SHOULD.
im not disagreeing with 2 people being satisfied with the actual trade, so there is no need for defensive behavior. i have traded very well to others for pieces that i needed. i gave up a Young Krayte Dragon and a Felcor for Mandalore the ultimate, so jump off the "monetary" train.
this goes back to the intitial discussion....
Rate This Trade Please....
if you dont want an opinion, dont ask for a "Rating". in order to get a "rating", someone has to display their opinion to do it. if you dont like the opinion, "Take it for what its Worth", and find the Droids you are looking for.

and by the way, my Boba BH, to me, is worth 18 Gazillion Freakin Dollars. which means you aint gettin my Boba Bh, for 30, 40 0r 200$.
stick that in yer pipe and take the value of that, multiply that by 0, round it off to the nearest knuckle Head.
im one of the best traders you have ever met on this site. give me what i want and ill give you want in spades. to think in an obtuse realm with me will only hurt you in the end. get off yer horse, and slow down to a mule, seems more to yer speed.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:41:24 PM

next suggestion,
if you arent confident enough in a trade, chances are you dont even want to do it, so instead of including the masses with yer BS, keep us people with real opinions out of yer crap. go PG 13, and learn what yer gut is there for.
Boba BH....he aint a crutch, hes a killer and such with more then a hunch.
Intuition? really? cunning? good luck wookie, cuz yer gonna need it.
padme? she what she does for you......nothing.
Jester007
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 6:34:59 AM

billiv15 wrote:
If all you care about is monetary value then trading is not for you.

And yet monetary value comes up in every trade that I've done. Just because you are focused on the playability and usefulness doesn't mean everyone else is. Not saying the actual value of the mini is the "standard" of making a trade, but it comes up way too often to ignore.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 7:01:31 AM

billiv15 wrote:

Bill....I agree with you, if you are giving something up that you do not use much and getting pieces that you think you will use a lot more, then the trade is worth it. I get asked that question every week at my LGS and I repeat the same anwser every week. If the trade is worth it to you then make it.....it really shouldn't matter how much the fig cost. However, there are quite a few, in fact most, people that trade on monetary value. That's there 'style'. Heck, I have traded uncommons for rares sometimes because I wanted the uncommon that bad. It's all in the person making the trade.

Bottom line is if you are not comfortable with the trade.....don't make it!!
billiv15
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:19:30 AM

Jester007 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
If all you care about is monetary value then trading is not for you.

And yet monetary value comes up in every trade that I've done. Just because you are focused on the playability and usefulness doesn't mean everyone else is. Not saying the actual value of the mini is the "standard" of making a trade, but it comes up way too often to ignore.

Sincerely,
Jester007

I agree with that. I know a lot of people do. There are also an awful lot of people who don't. I generally won't trade with someone who demands anything more than at most 2 VRs for any VR. And I don't take it the other way either. In my life, I've done one trade where I traded 3 VRs and a Rare for one rare, and was not because of money. My money side was like 80-90 vs his at 40. He had the piece I needed and had been looking for, and I was able to trade him all pieces that were extra at the time. That's fine. But it's my lone exception.

I find that if you get people off of the money issue, trading is a lot easier, and a lot more fun. There is no value to this kind of stuff anyway. It flucuates too much, and unless you are selling it, and have a buyer, then it's just not a good way to make friends. And what I want out of a trade more than anything, is to make a deal that my partner in the deal is also happy with. I just find that people that refuse to trade outside of exact artifical ebay prices (which by the way are not a very accurate reflection as a lot of scamming is done on ebay) are people I generally don't want to deal with. Not always, but enough that I generally avoid them.

Anyways, not really trying to argue, just offering an alternative perspective on trading. In general, if you make a happy trade partner, odds are they will trade with you again later, and you never know, it might be in your favor next time :)

Example, I once traded a guy at the LGS a piece he needed (VR from Universe I think) to complete his set. I wasn't using it, and knew I could get a hold of another and I traded it for some UCs, just because he didn't have anything else I needed. Well a few sets later, that guy gave me a VR I needed for nothing. So bottom line, make a trade that both people will enjoy, not ones you are trying to make money on - unless you are in this as a business, then that's a different motivation and should be obvious. My comments only reflect the mentality of a player in a great community.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:23:52 AM

i dont go off of ebay per se, but if i need the cash more then i need a mini, i will go for maximum dollar, which is justified. everyone i have traded with on here has made out like bandits, everyone. only because if i need the piece, i will not pay a ton of money to get it. i think the most ive ever spent was 40$ on Jango BH on ebay. the chances of me doing that again are slim to none.