RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Trade Communication Etiquette Options
LittleCity
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:43:19 AM
Groups: Member

What constitutes good trade communication etiquette? I have initiated and have had others initiate trade offers where people just stop responding. I see that my BlooMails have been read and that the individuals have logged in after my last email was sent. How long does proper etiquette dictate someone wait before they consider a trade offer null and void (assuming addresses have not been exchanged)?
MrSmileys
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:23:38 AM

Generally i give people about a week after i have contacted them with the offer to respond. If they have stopped communication for longer then that period without a reason as to why then the figure will no longer be reserved for them and i will offer it to someone else.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:36:26 AM

Im with Smiley's, i give about a week. What i do first is make an offer & i leave it up to that person decide if they wanna write me back or not. See also i have atleast 10 new pm's containing trade offers a day, & i base what i do on how long it takes me to respond back to people's offers to me, i have so many pm's a day it takes me awhile to respond back to everyone. So you could be dealing with someone else whohas it like that so for me, seeing as how it could take up to a week to get back to someone, i give the person i made an offer to a week.

But mainly ill send mutiple offers for the same piece to people, & i base my trade on whoever pm's me back first, then whoever i can make a deal with. So alot of people have different methods but i would say a week.