RegisterDonateLogin

Isn't too proud of this technological terror it has constructed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : When Trading,What Site Do You Use For Mini Value? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
www.Bloomilk.com 11 68.750000 %
www.Coolstuffinc.com 1 6.250000 %
www.MiniatureMarket.com 0 0.000000 %
Other (If You Choose This,Please Post Who You Use) 4 25.000000 %

When Trading, What Site To You Use To Value A Mini? Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:15:02 AM
Groups: Member

Simple Question, When your doing a trade. How do you price the trade? What website do you go on to value your mini?

When you select one of the answers on the poll, please post why you use that site.

If you select "Other" on the poll, please post what site you use & why.

Meaning of this poll is just to see what site everyone uses. Basically by posting after you have voted on what you selected. Then i think it will be easier when negotiating a trade if you know what site that user goes by for values. It would be easier to communicate & work easier to seal a deal in my opinion. So again please post what you selected & why.

Thank You

Here is Link's To The 2 Other Sites On The Poll.

Feel Free If You Choose Other, To Create A Link To That Site You Use To Get Your Values. It would be great if we were all on the same page with values. But this poll like i said just make it a tad easier to negotiate with someone if they post on this thread, fore you will know now how they value there mini's.

(Cool Stuff Inc.)
www.Coolstuffinc.com

(Miniature Market)
www.Miniaturemarket.com
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:17:35 AM

I use www.coolstuffinc.com . Reason why is i think they are the fairest prices out of all the mini sites. Problem is some mini's i think are way over valued, & some are way under valued. Thats just the down side. But all around, i think they are dead on in my opinion. I also add up the value of my collection containing the values for all of my

Very Rares, Rares, Uncommons & Commons, i use coolstuff to add my collection together for that reason too..
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:22:24 AM

well I usually just look at the Bloomilk prices if I don't already know how much they are worth.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:34:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Since Shinja added the price tracker function on Bloomilk, I now use that as a reference point. It's good enough for me BlooMilk

Another site is http://www.trollandtoad.com

They consistently have some of the lowest prices you can find. The biggest downside is, if a mini is not in stock, the listed price may not accurately reflect what it will be selling for when they have it again...

I concur with Darth P. that Coolstuff sometimes has things both over and under-valued, while others are right on.

Miniature Market is a solid store (I pre-order cases from them and have them on release day!), but tends to be on the high end by a good bit for harder to get VRs.

I used to check all those (and then some) and do a rough average for the higher end minis, but that was a lot of work so I am happy to have prices listed right here on the Milk ThumpUp
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:51:53 AM

None of the above. I use ebay and get a feel for what the prices are there. They generally run alot less and you really can get them for the lower prices if you watch them alot.

Other than that Shinja's pricing here is pretty fair I think if you want to do comparisons. I think it uses the best pricing from various dealer sites.
Warlord_Hett
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:18:09 AM

I go by the prices on Bloomilk for the most part, and occasionally coolstuffinc. Another site that i've purchased from a couple times is strikezoneonline.com. the shipping ends up taking around 2-3 weeks but they have really good prices on some minis. of course there are also ones that i think should be cheaper, but that happens with most sites.

strikezone
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:37:03 AM

I don't always use prices in trades, but when I do I use bloo milk, mostly for convenience.
Durge Dude
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:40:38 AM

i use Bloomilk cause its handy and shows 3 prices at once.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:04:40 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

If I'm buying something or actively seeking a trade I'll usually watch Ebay for a bit and take the average of what I see them go for on auction at Ebay. (Not the buy it now price as usually they are a bit inflated.) I've found that with the online stores mark-ups they are a bit high as well.