RegisterDonateLogin

Finding this site was the will of the Force, I have no doubt about that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Should we get a sequel to Starship Battles?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 17 40.476190 %
No 25 59.523809 %

Starship Battles Sequel Options
Darth O
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:38:18 PM
Groups: Member

This would mean those who paid bilions for the starter wouldn't have wasted all that money

Thoughts, anyone...................
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:18:39 PM

my idea, since asked for it, would be to take all the minis for starship battles, and throw them in the Oven. Preferably at 500 degrees. leave them in there for about 45 mins to an hour. Let stand for 5 minutes. remove from the Cookie Sheet with a Spatula. Paint the melted Glob green and Brown.
Voila....
the biggest piece of Rancor Shite you could ever imagine in the Miniatures universe.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:26:03 PM

Nah, Seriously.....
TAKE ALL OF THEM!
They look cool and all, but the game is said Rancor Toilet.

*Disclaimer* My opinion is not meant to cause emotional stress.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 6:41:52 PM

Yeah, I don't have any. It would be a complete waste, especially as I live in NZ, where the starter costs $75! I could buy 3 boosters for that!!!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 7:02:20 PM

Darth O wrote:
Yeah, I don't have any. It would be a complete waste, especially as I live in NZ, where the starter costs $75! I could buy 3 boosters for that!!!

Scared Scared Scared 75$ !!??Cursing Cursing
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:46:41 AM

I bought a small amount on ebay once for $1 just to get some of them so see them. I never bought the starter because everyone said it was awful to play.
Space Jawa
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:04:58 AM

Yes, but only if they do a proper job reworking the game mechanics to fix the problems it had the last time around.

And maybe some sort of rules (unofficial or otherwise) on how to combine classic minis and starship battles for larger battles.
homer fett
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:10:11 AM

I actually never bought the starter, but did purchase 3-4 boosters, which I regret doing. The minis are nice looking and I did try the game out and thought it was very bad.

I voted no because I would hate to see Wizards resources diverted away from the standard minis and put on another starship minis venture.
obsidian7788
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:56:31 AM

i would like to see it somehow combined with classic minis. kind of like putting it into a conquest mode. maybe i could turn it into a side project. you know unnofficial rules. i kind of did this with magic the gathering and a map from some board game. it was kinda cool.
DarthReeves
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:03:11 AM

obsidian7788 wrote:
i would like to see it somehow combined with classic minis. kind of like putting it into a conquest mode. maybe i could turn it into a side project. you know unnofficial rules. i kind of did this with magic the gathering and a map from some board game. it was kinda cool.

Interesting thought.
So you land your rebel transport and release your 150 pt army...almost could play this like conquest on Battlefront 2. Cool idea...but still not worth the money to print new ships hahaha
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:24:05 AM

Didn't buy any after a friend and most people online said it was a bad game. As Homer said, I wouldn't want WotC spending time on a follow-up.

A later set of the Young Jedi CCG introduced starships into the planetary battles. Seemed to work okay. Maybe an enterprising person here could create rules to that effect and distribute through fan forums to allow people to use the ship minis they have ...
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:49:57 AM

bad game, only useful for the rpg and even then starship combat isn't that common.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:58:38 AM

Space Jawa wrote:
Yes, but only if they do a proper job reworking the game mechanics to fix the problems it had the last time around.

EXACTLY.

And only if it does not delay or replace a regular SWM set.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:34:36 AM

i had an idea about a year ago....
if you take a millenium falcon, or a slave 1, on the scale to our regular minis that we have now. take each of them, break them down to 3 sections (1 piece for the front, one piece for the back, and the other is the base.), making each piece a rare,(each piece comes comes in a seperate booster) and throw them in the huge boosters. that way, if you are playing on a open map, you can have a scaled Slave 1 straffing around and tearing it up. it would be a great way to re invent those huge boxes too. once they are assembled, you can have them on a base that is 8x8.
in a case, you would be guaranteed both vehicles. you make them rares because you have to get the other pieces to build it, and it would only make it fair that everyone had the option to atleast own one, rather then play one.

Stats for Slave 1
Unique, Fringe
175 pts.
HP-250
Def-17
Attack-12
Damage-30
Rapport (costs 50 pts less when in the same squad as a character named Boba Fett)
Twin Attack, Double Attack, Mobile Attack *No GMA, that would be too cheap and evil*
Damage reduction 10, Mounted weapon, speed 12
Strafe Attack, Missiles 80 (Replaces turn, target enemy and each character adjacent to that character take 80 dam, save 11. on a successful save, all effected characters take 20 instead.)
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:08:05 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Would love to see a new set with some advanced rules.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:25:20 AM

I dunno if i would wanna see more of starshipbattles.. i think SWM's is falling off a little bit with making over powered pieces & then have to make another piece to over power that. I just think they should stick with mini's completely this way we can have this game stretch as long as possible.. i think them making more things other than mini's takes off of this game.. so i voted no
Space Jawa
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:39:46 PM

Another thing I'd like to see, if they do try to make the starship battles again: Don't just make light side and dark side.

I don't think that having ships being locked into one side is a good decision, in most cases. I can agree with it on ships like Millenium Falcon or ships that have people's names attached, but I'd like to first see Fringe ships, and then also have it so that ships that aren't locked into their side (like Darth's TIE, Luke's X-Wing, Executor, etc) can be played by the side they'd usually be played against, representing stolen or commendeered or turncoat ships, with the downside being that the ships cost more or have another disability that makes them less appealing (perhaps a "Renegade Cost" of some kind?)
Quarlitox
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:14:09 AM

They are really expensive in CR and really "unpopular"
Bob Chizo
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:11:24 PM

it was a good idea, but it didn't turn out good
Capin_ahab
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:16:52 PM

I bought a lot of about 50 on ebay for my RPG, and it was only 30$ because they didnt have cards.