RegisterDonateLogin

You don't know the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

anyone know stats for the new clones from GAW ? Options
DarthLegend
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 2:56:52 AM
Groups: Member

havent been able to find any stats for the clone troopers in GAW anyone have any stats or solid links ?...thanks
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 3:03:02 AM

Try looking in the browse character section on this site... Wink

...and a thanks to Shinja for being so responsive to the spoilers! BigGrin
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 3:07:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yes. Almost 60% of the set has already been spoiled on SWMGamers.com. The ARF Troopers are cool. And so is R7.
DarthLegend
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 8:51:39 AM

awesome thanks guys..i was lookin in ALDERAAN places ! lol little FANBOYS for you guys..but thanks again !
DarthLegend
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 8:58:39 AM

reapeted trooper with quad attack is awesome, definitely lookin forward to getting that piece.arf trooper is a great piece for his cost. cant wait till they post kit's stats
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:20:09 AM

DarthLegend wrote:
reapeted trooper with quad attack is awesome, definitely lookin forward to getting that piece.arf trooper is a great piece for his cost. cant wait till they post kit's stats

From the booster art posted on SWGamers, Kit looks like this:

Jedi Master Kit Fisto 60 points

HP:(unknown, although I'd put money on 130)
Def: 20
Atk: 11
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack; Twin Attack; Shii-Cho Style;

Force Powers
Force (??)
Lightsaber Precision
Surprise Move

I dunno about this piece. For 60 points, you're getting someone marginally better than Maris Brood, and scarily comparable to the 27 point Jedi Battle Master. Shii-Cho is even more situational than Ataru, and seems to cost more than the new Synergies that the Jedi have been enjoying the last couple sets.
Roque Saber
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:28:47 AM

But Shii-Cho is also arguably the most powerful style yet. With all the options that the Republic has for getting someone into the midst of battle, it probably wont be too incredibly difficult to pull it off. (Panaka, R2, etc) Also, Ahsoka can give him Rolling Cleave, which could be brutal.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:50:19 AM

Roque Saber wrote:
But Shii-Cho is also arguably the most powerful style yet. With all the options that the Republic has for getting someone into the midst of battle, it probably wont be too incredibly difficult to pull it off. (Panaka, R2, etc) Also, Ahsoka can give him Rolling Cleave, which could be brutal.

Well then I have to argue :P
- He has to have 3 enemies within 6 squares. So his stats boost to 24 def and 15 atk- not great for a fig with ZERO defensive abilities.

- Djem So and it's Mastery grant a free attack (sometimes two) 50% of the time the user is hit with a Melee Attack.

- Soresu Style and it's Mastery give a free shot at negating normal attacks.

- Makashi Style Mastery is like a Parry that cancels out other styles in addition to mitigating damage.

- Ataru Style and it's Mastery require only 1 enemy within 6 squares, and the Mastery grants Twin Attack. (moot point in Kit's case I know)

- Niman Style merely requires you to have hit points at half or more to get the bonus.

So, IMO arguably, almost every other style trumps Shii-Cho.

Basically, unless you're swapping to kill Uggies, I don't like Kit's odds surrounded by a group of enemies and only a 24 def.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:02:41 PM

Gemini1179 wrote:
Roque Saber wrote:

Well then I have to argue :P
- He has to have 3 enemies within 6 squares. So his stats boost to 24 def and 15 atk- not great for a fig with ZERO defensive abilities.

- Djem So and it's Mastery grant a free attack (sometimes two) 50% of the time the user is hit with a Melee Attack.

- Soresu Style and it's Mastery give a free shot at negating normal attacks.

- Makashi Style Mastery is like a Parry that cancels out other styles in addition to mitigating damage.

- Ataru Style and it's Mastery require only 1 enemy within 6 squares, and the Mastery grants Twin Attack. (moot point in Kit's case I know)

- Niman Style merely requires you to have hit points at half or more to get the bonus.

So, IMO arguably, almost every other style trumps Shii-Cho.

Basically, unless you're swapping to kill Uggies, I don't like Kit's odds surrounded by a group of enemies and only a 24 def.

IMO, only Soresu Mastery and Djem So, possibly Makashi Mastery, are better than Shii-Cho. If your opponent is a melee squad, it is a lot better. Also, it is brutal with Surprise Move: run in, get off a double twin, and your enemies have to run away to be able to hit you, unless they're running lots of atk boosting-CEs.

24 def is not amazing, but it takes either a very well boosted fig or a great beat to hit that.

Also, this is just normal Shii-Cho Style, not Mastery, like the other great froms. So, I think the only normal form that beats out Shii-Cho would have to be Djem So.

And, with all the swapping/towing and other movement the Republic has very easy access to, it won't be difficult at all to make him yet another piece to hit hard and run far.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:10:19 PM

bountyhunter9 wrote:

24 def is not amazing, but it takes either a very well boosted fig or a great beat to hit that.

What does it take for a Lancer in a good build or an IG?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:16:43 PM

Gemini1179 wrote:
bountyhunter9 wrote:

What does it take for a Lancer in a good build or an IG?

Not alot if running GGDAC. a twin strafe will mess his world up real fast.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:25:31 PM

My Yobuck will teach your Lancer a lesson!!! J/k, but swap in Kit, Surprise Move in next round, take out the IG. End of story. Maybe even take out GGDAC while you're at it. If only the Republic could out-activate the Seps, it might work...

Also, I can't remember, but does Kit have LS Deflect? Could help against the IG, if he has it.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:31:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

bountyhunter9 wrote:
My Yobuck will teach your Lancer a lesson!!! J/k, but swap in Kit, Surprise Move in next round, take out the IG. End of story. Maybe even take out GGDAC while you're at it. If only the Republic could out-activate the Seps, it might work...

Also, I can't remember, but does Kit have LS Deflect? Could help against the IG, if he has it.

Deflect does nothing against the Lancer. Block does, however.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:44:09 PM

Sithborg wrote:
bountyhunter9 wrote:

...and this Kit doesn't have either.
bountyhunter9
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:43:54 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
bountyhunter9 wrote:

...and this Kit doesn't have either.

As if that was the main point of my argument...

Also, I meant against the IG Assassin, not Lancer.

ANYWAYS I still think Shii-Cho is a great style. The Lancer is broken, Kit and Shii-Cho are not, you can't really compare them. Though I do like that the Seps have finally got some good pieces.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:25:23 AM

You've added 57pts to the cost of an IG lancer or 86. either way, it isn't a fair comparison. Further, even if we use your little scenario, one surprise move double twin and the Lancer or Ig is dead before it gets to attack.

I also caution people to not make judgments when we haven't seen the entirety of his stats or the other Rep pieces.
Gemini1179
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:45:18 AM

billiv15 wrote:

I also caution people to not make judgments when we haven't seen the entirety of his stats or the other Rep pieces.

Lol, like that works... ever... (besides, wasn't it you who said of GMLS before seeing any other piece from JA that he wouldn't see competitive play? You were bang on, but you still made a judgement call before seeing the rest of the set Flapper )