RegisterDonateLogin

Impressive. Most impressive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Looking for official rules citation of the following situations Options
Jensaarai Defender
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:38:01 PM
Groups: Member

Ok, the following two situations came up this weekend in tourny, and the guy involved in these situations is the type that always wants to see it in writing. he's kind of a goon... but i digress.

Situation 1: A Nam-bomb army up against a rebel army with R2_D2 w/ extended sensor.

Question: when R2 using "It's a trap" negates stealth, does the character losing stealth lose self-destruct... (i know right... he acually thought it would keep SD)

Situation 2: Same Nam-bomb army, using a large rigid character on the mos eisley map

Question: if the player using the large character is given the side of the map, or any map in which his large rigid character would be trapped in an area with 2 space doors and unable to leave that area, is the character stuck there... or is it (As the goon claims) allowed to be placed on the closest avaiable location beyond the starting four rows of a map on that players side.

Now i know the answers to these question already... i'm not looking for the answer. I am looking for the book/page or jedi councelling/webpage that i can direct him to for an official DCI ruling so we can shut him the heck up
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:31:56 PM

1) The characters would lose Self Destruct as since they have lost Stealth, they are no longer eligible for Nom's CE. This is not explicitly covered in the FAQs or Glossary, but you can find official rulings by doing a search in the WotC rules forum.

2) A large or huge character may set up where only part of their base is in the starting zone. This is covered under Setup in the FAQ. If a player sets up a character in a room in which they cannot get out, it would be their own fault.

One other thing to note, Rigid Large characters have places on both sides of the map where they can easily leave the starting area. A rigid huge character however, is pretty much screwed on that map.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:41:20 PM

found that out the hard way 3 years ago. ever since, ive only ran huge pieces in 500 pt squads