RegisterDonateLogin

Dark Lord of the Fridge.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sith Holo News Network Options
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:04:20 PM
Groups: Member

Sith Holonews Network

What is the SHNN? Well quite simply it's the coolest interactive talk show on the internet coming to www.SWMGamers.com and the next big thing in all things SWMs!

I want to invite you all to the very first live Star Wars Miniatures Talk show! The Sith Holo News Network is a call in show focusing on Star Wars Miniatures hosted by Dean Miller, Bill Russell and Lou Vasilion. Episode 1 will air on Thursday September 24th 7:30-8:30PM. Anyone can listen in, and if you miss the live show, Chuck Chauvin our show producer, will be posting each episode as an MP3 that can be downloaded like a podcast. The structure of the show will be all things Star Wars, but focusing on minis primarily, and will include weekly special guests across all aspects of the game!

The show will broadcast every Thursday night at 7:30-8:30PM. You can follow the show both online, and on any phone. You read that right, any phone! You can also chat along with the show on the website, and ask questions via the chat for the hosts and for the special guests. If you call in, we can add you to the show at any time, and you can ask your question live on the air, or if we are having a debate you can make your opinion heard! Look for a schedule of special guests to be posted soon!

All you do is go to this website: www.talkshoe.com and search for 63807 or the Sith Holo News Network. Then call in 1-724-444-7444 and enter code 63807. If you register at the website, then you can use your own phone number as your pin number. But even if not registered, you can call in or log in as a guest and we will still take your call.

It also has a Facebook application where you can keep connected to the show through facebook. And if you really want to make it easy, put your email address in this thread (or pm it to Dean) and he will give you the invite directly in that way as well.

We will take any question about any topic Star Wars related, and the guest list will include people from all over the community! So if you wanna talk about the new SWs novel, or the new race in the RPG, or if you want to know the answer to a tough rules question, how to build a better squad, or just want to be heard by the SWMs community, this is your show!

Remember, only Sith Deal in Absolutes, but this show is about our game and what makes it great! Brought to you exclusively by SWMGamers.com!
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 4:25:45 AM

wow 51 views and no one plans on listening next week? Wow if you enter your email on this thread Iw ill you an invite to the talk show. But hey if you are not interested well I guess you dont need to.

We of course will be having guests to interview also.

And this is live so you can ask questions and have them answered immediately
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 4:46:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm usually working Thursday nights.
I can just stream the show over the net, right?

Also, 7:30pm in what time zone? (central?)
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 6:52:48 AM

yes that is 730 central time 830 eastern

just for a sample we did a test show to see how the software would work and make sure it did everything we were hoping it would. you can here that sample at this link.

http://www.atlantaswg.com/files/SHNN_Sample.mp3 (3.8MB, Approximately 4.5 minutes)
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 6:59:27 AM

Thanks Dean, I'll be checking this out BlooMilk
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 8:14:08 AM

Just so everyone knows and wants to get in a time to talk to him.... our first guest will be none other than

Jim Fraser aka Moses2813 aka the Godfather

So here will be everyones chance to hear and ask questions of the head of Star Wars Miniatures Organized Play.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 12:20:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Sounds cool.

Doesn't interfere with Supernatural, so I might try to check it out.
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:57:20 AM

Shameless bump to make sure everyone sees it :)
dalsiandon
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:59:43 AM

what time bill? or is the posted time on gameers accurate?
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:15:10 AM

It will be at 7:30-8:30 Central Standard Time. We may adjust it if needed as we get going, but for now, this will be official.
Zalkrie
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:42:44 PM

I will give the thread a bump, and I will be listening in. Although, I hope we won't be talking about GOWK to much....LOL. Good luck gentlemen!!!
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:44:54 PM

Bump!!
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:30:14 AM

Hey guys....hope you listened in last night. The show was great for the first show and if you get a chance to listen in next week, you should really check it out. I really enjoyed it. I think they said at the peak, they had 26 people online listening.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:09:44 AM

actually just checked the stats and we had 31 not bad for a first time out of the gates. We will be having JAck Irons aka Ironlightsaber on the show next thursday He will be talking about the new wizards forums, being a vcl and of course his love and passion customizing minis!!!!
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:23:49 AM

It was a good show, thanks to everyone that put it together BlooMilk

Following the online chat along with listening in was pretty entertaining and informative (people throwing out questions, commenting on what was being said in real time, and having their own mini-discussions :)

billiv15
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:08:52 AM

swinefeld wrote:
It was a good show, thanks to everyone that put it together BlooMilk

Following the online chat along with listening in was pretty entertaining and informative (people throwing out questions, commenting on what was being said in real time, and having their own mini-discussions :)

Exactly. And the more people we get interacting via live chat or by call in, the better the show will get. Thanks for listening in, and I hope everyone else can join us next week. BTW, if you go to www.swmgamers.com (link on the front page, don't have to log in to get it) has the MP3 of the show if anyone missed it and wants to check it out. Some really cool information from Jim (Moses) last night!
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:09:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I am liking listening to this while I am doing homework online.