RegisterDonateLogin

Only legal in the Outer Rim.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

commander effects that effect move Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:56:04 PM
Groups: Member

ok i know commander effects that with the same kinda effect do not stack but what about movement and lets say the obi wan that lets u move 2 extra squares as part of ur move and ethier clone commander gree or rex 501st commander were they can move 2 extra at the end of there turn.

Are they considered to be effecting diffrent things?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:04:47 PM

Yes, they do work together as they are not happening at the same time and thus are not stacking.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:09:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Good question Yames2.0 Cool

I hadn't considered the Obi + Rex-501st or CCGree CE combo before!
Thanks BlooMilk
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:36:42 AM

has it been decied that rex 501 and gree dont stack?

At first they looked the same to me but at closer detail they arnt grees isnt u have to end your move its just at the end of your turn does that mean u can double attack end ur turn then move with this?

But more importantly does it stack with 501 meaning if i move 6 end near rex get 2 extra squares at the end of my turn for that and 2 extra squares from gree for ending my turn it says extra which makes me think they stack but my gut feeling says nothing stacks ever so i have to ask

if so it be cool to see a clone trooper move 14 ( general kenoobi) end hes move and move 4 extra squares

also i want to make sure i have this right on ur first activation for the round u could move end near a door have it open then move to away from it so ur not next to it anymore have anthor fig shoot threw the door end his turn and the door would close right?

(sorry bout all these question im trying to find something to do with 501 commander and lots of movement just seems cool)
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:46:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yames2.0 wrote:
At first they looked the same to me but at closer detail they arnt grees isnt u have to end your move its just at the end of your turn does that mean u can double attack end ur turn then move with this?

No. If you cannot move (ie Double Attack prevents movement), you cannot utilize Gree's CE.

As for whether it stacks, we have to wait till it releases to get final word.
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:07:22 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
has it been decied that rex 501 and gree dont stack?

When a trooper/solder uses double attack and/or extra attack, etc... on that character's turn it cannot be moved in any way to use the SA. The only exception that allows characters to use the SA of double attack, etc is Greater Mobile Attack and Garm's CE.

Yames2.0 wrote:

But more importantly does it stack with 501 meaning if i move 6 end near rex get 2 extra squares at the end of my turn for that and 2 extra squares from gree for ending my turn it says extra which makes me think they stack but my gut feeling says nothing stacks ever so i have to ask

if so it be cool to see a clone trooper move 14 ( general kenoobi) end hes move and move 4 extra squares

First of all, if you have Mas Amedda, you don't have to move within 6 to get near Rex for the CE, since the CE is effecting from the Commander himself. As for stacking with Gree's CE for soldier/trooper and 501 Rex's CE, I would assume that they would stack. Mainly because it's a CE that does not give indirect stacking with attack/defense, but gives "extra" such as a CE that gives "extra attack" which doesn't violate stacking rules. But we cannot know for sure until the errata and FAQ's are released.

Yames2.0 wrote:

also i want to make sure i have this right on ur first activation for the round u could move end near a door have it open then move to away from it so ur not next to it anymore have anthor fig shoot threw the door end his turn and the door would close right?

On your first activation, if your character moves and ends its turn near a door, it is considered opened (unless if the door was overrided shut, etc... lets not be the case). If your character is subject to Gree's CE and moved away from the door, ending it's turn officially, and the door is checked, nobody is adjacent, the door is considered closed.

Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:14:50 AM

kenred2 wrote:
On your first activation, if your character moves and ends its turn near a door, it is considered opened (unless if the door was overrided shut, etc... lets not be the case). If your character is subject to Gree's CE and moved away from the door, ending it's turn officially, and the door is checked, nobody is adjacent, the door is considered closed.

That is incorrect. Gree/Rex/Leia's CE's happen simultaneously with the door check. You can choose to resolve doors, thus opening a door, and then use the end of turn movement CE's. This is covered in the FAQ.
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:22:33 AM

Sithborg wrote:
kenred2 wrote:

That is incorrect. Gree/Rex/Leia's CE's happen simultaneously with the door check. You can choose to resolve doors, thus opening a door, and then use the end of turn movement CE's. This is covered in the FAQ.

Yes, absolutely... however I was explaining what happens after when "end of turn movement CE's" are used, and if not adjacent, it becomes closed. I don't believe that the door would still be opened if the character is 2 squares away from the door. But because there are 2 separate "end of turn" and the door is resolved from the 1st "End of Turn".... I could be wrong and the rulebook doesn't justify it.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:06:03 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Good question Yames2.0 Cool

I hadn't considered the Obi + Rex-501st or CCGree CE combo before!
Thanks BlooMilk

This is a great combo can't wait to try it
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:24:58 AM

kenred2 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
kenred2 wrote:

Yes, absolutely... however I was explaining what happens after when "end of turn movement CE's" are used, and if not adjacent, it becomes closed. I don't believe that the door would still be opened if the character is 2 squares away from the door. But because there are 2 separate "end of turn" and the door is resolved from the 1st "End of Turn".... I could be wrong and the rulebook doesn't justify it.

Nope, the door would still be open. You check doors ONCE during the end of turn. So, if the character is adjacent to the door when you check all doors, it is open until the end of the next turn, even if that character moves away from the door. This combo is covered in the FAQ (I believe under the CE section for Princess Leia, Senator).
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:26:04 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Nope, the door would still be open. You check doors ONCE during the end of turn. So, if the character is adjacent to the door when you check all doors, it is open until the end of the next turn, even if that character moves away from the door. This combo is covered in the FAQ (I believe under the CE section for Princess Leia, Senator).

I see, thanks for the clarification