RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to make mistakes...from time to time...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

cheated or a good deal still? Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:30:12 AM
Groups: Member

on ebay a week ago, i was supposed to get yoda cs, shaak ti jm, quinlan cs, mace jm, and chewie of kayshaak for $26. wow great deal! but then they came and instead of yoda cs i get his card and rots jm yoda figure. is this still a good deal?
saeseetiin
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:31:54 AM

its not bad but its a little shaddy
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:39:19 AM

Have you messaged the seller about the error? The two Yodas have very similar poses so it could just be a simple mix-up.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:55:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Even without Yoda, those figs would probably cost you a fair amount more than $26 to buy at retail. However, if getting Yoda was a main concern, then you probably have a reason to make a complaint.
Edit - as E.D. said, contact the seller first!

Depending on how you feel about the first part, one option would be to check the SWM Orphans list and see if you can get the missing fig and the other card. You could end up with both Yodas/cards without much additional expense.

The list:
http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm

WotC Orphans thread:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=17544807

You should contact Hothie - when I checked just now he is listed as having the Yoda mini, and he is a super nice (and fair) guy BlooMilk
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:24:19 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Even without Yoda, those figs would probably cost you a fair amount more than $26 to buy at retail. However, if getting Yoda was a main concern, then you probably have a reason to make a complaint.
Edit - as E.D. said, contact the seller first!

Depending on how you feel about the first part, one option would be to check the SWM Orphans list and see if you can get the missing fig and the other card. You could end up with both Yodas/cards without much additional expense.

The list:
http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm

WotC Orphans thread:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=17544807

You should contact Hothie - when I checked just now he is listed as having the Yoda mini, and he is a super nice (and fair) guy BlooMilk

Good call swinefeld.
DarthJak
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:54:36 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Have you messaged the seller about the error? The two Yodas have very similar poses so it could just be a simple mix-up.

The very same thing happened to me. The seller just mixed up the figures. We both sent the wrong one back and then got the correct piece.
Ask the seller. It was most likely a mistake.
DarthLegend
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:35:10 AM

piece wise the i like the ROTS yoda better but yea you should contact the dealer or leave some feedback on his ebay page. he could have messed up or be shady
shatterpoint7
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:19:44 AM

good news. he said he didn't know much about sw minis, and he was just selling them.RollEyes when i explained the situation he was sorry that he didn't have the right fig, but offered to refund all my money minus the shipping. ThumbsUp so i got:
shaak ti jm
yoda jm fig
yoda cs card
quinlan vos cs
chewie
mace jm
all for 10.52 assuming he keeps his word and gives me the refund. Woot
Hydrowhip
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:53:40 PM

I hope you get your refund, but I'm still a little put off by the whole thing. It really makes me dislike Ebay even more knowing that there are "junk dealers" out there selling things they have no real interest in other than profit.

Sure, you can come across a huge deal now and then, but it seems like you can get screwed as well. Ah such if life I guess. Some days you get the elevator, others you get the shaft.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:55:28 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
Some days you get the elevator, others you get the shaft.

And you fall and the elevator smashes ur face in
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 2:03:45 PM

shatterpoint7 wrote:
good news. he said he didn't know much about sw minis, and he was just selling them.RollEyes when i explained the situation he was sorry that he didn't have the right fig, but offered to refund all my money minus the shipping. ThumbsUp so i got:
shaak ti jm
yoda jm fig
yoda cs card
quinlan vos cs
chewie
mace jm
all for 10.52 assuming he keeps his word and gives me the refund. Woot

Freaking CRAZY man! Woot
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:48:38 AM

That seems very lucky. He sounds like an honest seller that just did not know much about his product. I would just request to swap the figures so you get the correct Yoda. Taking your money back and keeping the figures does not seem necessary , but that is just me. I guess it would depend if he is just some guy trying to make a few extra bucks or if he has a store.

Still you got a heck of a deal.ThumpUp
shatterpoint7
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:01:57 PM

wait... not 10.52, i checked paypal, and i somehow paid $ 4less their than it said i did on ebay. So that's 6.52 for all those great minis!!!!!!!!!!!
btw he doesn't have the fig for cs yoda, and never did… he was selling someone else’s minis, and thought the fig matched the card
to make matters even better, hothie is offering me a good deal to get the yoda fig.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:17:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shatterpoint7 wrote:
wait... not 10.52, i checked paypal, and i somehow paid $ 4less their than it said i did on ebay. So that's 6.52 for all those great minis!!!!!!!!!!!
btw he doesn't have the fig for cs yoda, and never did… he was selling someone else’s minis, and thought the fig matched the card
to make matters even better, hothie is offering me a good deal to get the yoda fig.

I had a feeling that might work out for you ThumpUp

Hothie Rules BlooMilk
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:14:18 PM

I think it was a good deal even with the mixup. I haven't checked ebay prices in awhile but I paid $20 just for Shaak Ti and $12 for Yoda RoTS.