RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Getting Screwed by "Fellow" Bloomilk Brothers Options
achiriaco
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:28:37 PM
Groups: Member

I am not sure if this is where I should post this? But here goes anyway....

I am one of the people scammed by our fellow bloomilk member: strongdor.
There are several documented instances of scamming posted in the BTL...

My question is: what bloomilk is going to do about it to make sure others are not scammed by the same user (if only everyone looked at the BTL forum, unfortunately, not everyone does)?

Frankly I just am a person who loves swminis and am pretty upset that someone like strongdor can repeatedly / continually scam bloomilk users....

Shame on Strongdor... Very Lame of Him.ThumbDown

Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:17:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I feel your pain on getting the short end of the stick. But I'm not sure what more the site can do besides strongly encouraging people (as we already do now) to go through the BTL and GTL when they are thinking about finding some one to trade with, and/or before finalizing the trade to make sure the person with whom they are trading at least doesn't have a negative rep.

Having the trade forum to locate and trade with people from all over is arguably one of this site's best atributes, but there is only so much that can be done to help the bloomilk users protect themselves against bad trade dealers.
kenred2
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:57:08 PM

I have to say that if Strongdor were to accept the trade of your Dodonna and Darth Tyranus,LOTDS for his Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando and Dash, Renegade Smuggler, then I would find it very fishy for an individual like him to trade 2 high-end vr pieces for 2 r pieces. Months ago (before Strongfor was ever on the BTL), we were comment back and forth about trading my Darth Sion for his 1x-Warmaster Tsavong Lah, 1x-Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed, and San Hill... however he's been very skeptical but the trades since he compare prices on Coolstuffinc. So instead, he's been pushing the deal in which I cannot accept to trade my Darth Sion..... it's too much of a hassle since he trades closer to value, to his favor. I find it very suspicious
achiriaco
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:04:14 PM

Now that i look at it, it is suspicious and I should have heeded to the warning signs. But to defend my thinking some people are not concerned with the $$ value and just concerned with the aspect of completing their collection. That was my thinking. If you look at the other peoples potential trades they were not as incredible....

To some of us it is just for the love of the game (and the SW universe).
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:14:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

No offense, Achiriaco, but trading is solely on the individuals and this site (or any other SWM site) is not, in any way, responsible for people scamming other people. It is hard to accept that there are people out there that will go to those depths, but it does happen. All we can do is warn others about them...as this site has done thru the GTL/BTL (and the individuals).

Always, always check both BEFORE offering or accepting a trade. Education is the best weapon in this situation. BlooMilk
achiriaco
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:41:21 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
No offense, Achiriaco, but trading is solely on the individuals and this site (or any other SWM site) is not, in any way, responsible for people scamming other people. It is hard to accept that there are people out there that will go to those depths, but it does happen. All we can do is warn others about them...as this site has done thru the GTL/BTL (and the individuals).

Always, always check both BEFORE offering or accepting a trade. Education is the best weapon in this situation. BlooMilk

I agree 100%.
I wish I would have checked the GTL/BTL forums before I traded with him. I made several other trades on several occasions prior to this incident, without GTL/BTL help.... All successful.
Now I know. Education... Just hope that others read the trading threads 1st and avoid the same disaster.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 3:34:17 AM

achiriaco wrote:
Now that i look at it, it is suspicious and I should have heeded to the warning signs. But to defend my thinking some people are not concerned with the $$ value and just concerned with the aspect of completing their collection. That was my thinking. If you look at the other peoples potential trades they were not as incredible....

I like to think of it that way, too. I'm just grateful that Strongodr never responded to any of my B<M about trading. *whew* I notice that some people value minis differentely, so it's hard to tell if they are scamming you or not. Example: Nien Nunb from Universe. Near-useless, right? Well, I got a General Wedge Antilles, Commander Gree and CLobot for him. It sounds like he was trying to scam me, but he really wanted Nien Nunb (something about roleplaying). So, I guess all you can do is check GTL + BTL lists on here and any other trading sites you're on.
achiriaco
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 11:29:57 AM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
achiriaco wrote:

I like to think of it that way, too. I'm just grateful that Strongodr never responded to any of my B<M about trading. *whew* I notice that some people value minis differentely, so it's hard to tell if they are scamming you or not. Example: Nien Nunb from Universe. Near-useless, right? Well, I got a General Wedge Antilles, Commander Gree and CLobot for him. It sounds like he was trying to scam me, but he really wanted Nien Nunb (something about roleplaying). So, I guess all you can do is check GTL + BTL lists on here and any other trading sites you're on.

Some people are after the $$ value and some just love star wars minis