RegisterDonateLogin

It is your destiny.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Um, Reinforcments problem. Options
Doogle126
Posted: Saturday, July 4, 2009 8:11:57 AM
Groups: Member

Hey shinja, I noticed that in the rules thread, there is an argument on whether or not you can use affinity to get into a squad via reinforcements (most likely Garm's reinforcements) And that you have Vong ossus guardian and Antarian ranger in there. What is the ruling on that?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:47:10 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You treat Reinforcements/Reserves as part of the Squad building, therefore Affinity will work. However, you must pay attention to the type of characters you can bring in with the Reinforcements/Reserves, ex: Garm specifically states they must be non-unique NR or Rebels; San Hill states they have to be Separatist; etc.

Of note: the characters brought in by Reinforcements/Reserves do not change factions, however, Affinity will change the character's faction, ex: Garm if used in a Rebel squad is now considered a Rebel (and not New Republic) for purposes of CEs and such.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:08:08 AM

The character with affinity being brought in via reinforcements would need affinity for the squad faction.

So, If Garm is in a New Republic Squad, he can bring in Ossus Guardians and Antaren Rangers as they have affinity for New Republic, but if he is in a Rebel squad, they cannot be brought in as they do not have affinity for Rebels.
Xeonaught
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:30:02 AM

I have four questions.

1: What do you do if when you get reinforcements you cant start them adjacent to the character because of other characters and or a wall or door?

2: Can you still use abilitys like light tutor or program target even if they join half way through?

3: If you have Nym and kazdan and for recon you get firstly a 5 do you get 30 points in droids then on the second roll you get a 15 do you get another 30 points or just one lot for the roll you choose?

4: can you bring back firstly non uniques that you have lost like you only have 2 mouse droids and both are killed, can you bring in a mouse droid using one of the dead ones or would you have to obtain a third mouse droid

The same for uniques. Can ypu bring back an Obi-wan if you've already lost an Obi-wan ( its impossible I know because all Obi-wan's are over 30 points ( Supreme Chancellor Palpatine ) but just from a hypothetical point of view )

Also if you loose a New Republic Luke or Rebal Obi-Wan can you bring back they're force spirits? ( if New Republic and Rebal had reserves )
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:49:00 AM

Xeonaught wrote:
I have four questions.

1: What do you do if when you get reinforcments you cant start them adjacent to the caracter because of other caracters and or a wall or door?

2: Can you still use abilitys like light tutor or program target even if they join half way through?

3: If you have Nym and kazdan and for recon you get firstly a 5 do you get 30 points in droids then on the secound roll you get a 15 do you get another 30 points or just one lot for the roll you choose?

4: can you bring back firstly non uniques that you have lost like you only have 2 mouse droids and both are killed, can you bring in a mouse droid using one of the dead ones or would you have to atain a third mouse droid

The same for uniques. Can ypu bring back an Obi-wan if you've already lost an Obi-wan ( its impossible I know because all Obi-wan's are over 30 points ( Supreme Chancellor Palpatine ) but just from a hypothetical point of veiw )

Also if you loose a New Republic Luke or Rebal Obi-Wan can you bring back they're force spirits? ( if New Republic and Rebal had reinforcments )

1) If the reinforcements specify that they are to be placed adjacent to the character bringing them in (i.e. Kazdan Paratus) and that is not possible, then the closest legal square can be used.

2) Programmed target = yes, because it specifies "after setup" which in this case is when that piece is brought in. Light Tutor, I don't really know as it states "at the start of the skirmish".

3) One lot for the roll you choose

4) yes, for non-uniques you could use a mouse droid that was previously defeated. As far as a Unique goes....??? I don't know for sure, but I rather doubt it. It would logically make sense that you could bring in the Spirit of a defeated unique, but again, I doubt that is allowed under the rules.

Good questions! I look forward to learning the answers to the parts I'm not sure about.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 3:10:03 AM

I thought about it a bit more, and with regards to bringing in any version of a Unique that was previously defeated, the answer is definitely NO.

That Unique character is part of your squad (even if dead) for the entire skirmish.

So that leaves the question of using Light Tutor by a character that joins the squad later in the game...
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 6:13:40 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I thought about it a bit more, and with regards to bringing in any version of a Unique that was previously defeated, the answer is definitely NO.

That Unique character is part of your squad (even if dead) for the entire skirmish.

So that leaves the question of using Light Tutor by a character that joins the squad later in the game...

If a character with Light Tutor is brought in via Reserves, the ability would not come into effect as it is not the start of the skirmish.
headache62
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 2:31:49 AM

Xeonaught wrote:

3: If you have Nym and kazdan and for recon you get firstly a 5 do you get 30 points in droids then on the secound roll you get a 15 do you get another 30 points or just one lot for the roll you choose?

Clarification on this one: Recon lets you make two rolls for Initiative, but you still only pick one and apply it.

Let's you have your above squad, and you roll init: Your opponent rolls a 10, you roll a 5 and a 12. You don't get to say, "I get Reserves from the 5, but I choose who goes first because of the 12." You pick one roll, and that is what you use for init. So in this case, you either get the Reserves, or you get to pick who goes first.

The same holds true if you roll a 5 and a 15 - you still pick one to be your final initiative roll.
Jester007
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 3:40:55 AM

Xeonaught wrote:

4: can you bring back firstly non uniques that you have lost like you only have 2 mouse droids and both are killed, can you bring in a mouse droid using one of the dead ones or would you have to obtain a third mouse droid

The same for uniques. Can ypu bring back an Obi-wan if you've already lost an Obi-wan ( its impossible I know because all Obi-wan's are over 30 points ( Supreme Chancellor Palpatine ) but just from a hypothetical point of veiw )

Also if you loose a New Republic Luke or Rebal Obi-Wan can you bring back they're force spirits? ( if New Republic and Rebal had reserves )

If you start the game with an Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, Dash, etc., you cannot bring in ANY version of them as a Reserve. You squad must follow uniqueness rules throughout the entire skirmish (from squad creation to finish).

So, for instance, if you have Lobot, Computer Liason Officer and you roll that 11 for initiative. You'll now be able to bring in 30 points of Fringe characters. Let's say you did not have Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler in your squad at any point in the skirmish, you can bring him in as your choice.

Now let's say he gets vaped in a couple rounds, and after he gets killed you roll another 11 for initiative. Since you used Dash earlier in your squad, you cannot bring him back (not even his other version in Universe) because of the rules for unique characters.

Sincerely,
Jester007