RegisterDonateLogin

Well, if there's a bright center to the internet, you're on the website that it's farthest from.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Clone Wars Season 2... Options
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:18:48 AM
Groups: Member

Yes, #2 would suck, but hey, ya never know...
defender390
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:45:26 AM

#3 Ahsoka, ignoring orders, makes a horrible tactical error that results in the unecessary deaths of many clone troopers. She survives the disaster and faces charges of culpable negligence and dereliction of duty. The Jedi Council sentences her to permanent exile despite appeals by Anakin to reduce the sentence. Ahsoka then leaves the Jedi Order in shame and strives to redeem herself through good acts. During her quest to redeem herself, she finds herself defending a settlement on a backwater world from raiders. These raiders were secretly hired by the Separatists to embitter the people against the Republic for not sending help. Ahsoka fights the raiders in the town, defending a mother and her children. She then senses the leader in the distance and decides to pursue him, abandoning the mother and her children to presumably be killed by the raiders. She tracks down the leader of the raiders to the top of a cliff overlooking the settlement. They duel, and exchange remarks as they battle. Ahsoka declares that she will kill him to spare the people from his wrath. The raider then tells her to take a look at the settlement she is "defending". She looks down below as sees the settlement in ruins. Ahsoka falls to her knees in grief, realizing that she allowed all of those innocents to die because she wanted to confront the leader. The raider takes this opportunity to stab her from behind and kick her body of the cliff.

Not only does she have to die, she has to die in shame. I detest Ahsoka.
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:53:41 AM

OMG ...

That. Would. Be. EPIC!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:55:58 AM

defender390 wrote:
#3 Ahsoka, ignoring orders, makes a horrible tactical error that results in the unecessary deaths of many clone troopers. She survives the disaster and faces charges of culpable negligence and dereliction of duty. The Jedi Council sentences her to permanent exile despite appeals by Anakin to reduce the sentence. Ahsoka then leaves the Jedi Order in shame and strives to redeem herself through good acts. During her quest to redeem herself, she finds herself defending a settlement on a backwater world from raiders. These raiders were secretly hired by the Separatists to embitter the people against the Republic for not sending help. Ahsoka fights the raiders in the town, defending a mother and her children. She then senses the leader in the distance and decides to pursue him, abandoning the mother and her children to presumably be killed by the raiders. She tracks down the leader of the raiders to the top of a cliff overlooking the settlement. They duel, and exchange remarks as they battle. Ahsoka declares that she will kill him to spare the people from his wrath. The raider then tells her to take a look at the settlement she is "defending". She looks down below as sees the settlement in ruins. Ahsoka falls to her knees in grief, realizing that she allowed all of those innocents to die because she wanted to confront the leader. The raider takes this opportunity to stab her from behind and kick her body of the cliff.

Not only does she have to die, she has to die in shame. I detest Ahsoka.

Wow. After reading that post, I can clearly see that.
Space Jawa
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2009 7:22:08 PM

defender390 wrote:
I am kind of mad that they nerfed the Kaiburr crystal. God forbid they have the imagination to actually come up with a new name for a crystal.

According to Wookiee, the crystal from the show is the "Kyber" crystal. So I think it's more a case where it's two distinct crystals that happen to share a name that sounds nearly identical.

As for a Asoka, I realize she gets annoying sometimes, but I hardly think she's as bad as people make her out to be. Honestly, I find the Battle Droid annoying much more often. Then again, I mostly feel indifference towards Jar Jar too.
*Hides*
defender390
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 5:13:38 AM

Well, that is a relief about the crystal, but knowing this show they probably just retconned the spelling also...
Fredwood
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:32:44 AM

It was ok, I had some issues with it.

First, the Klawdite chick, when she took another form, they made it seem electronic, not a natural ability, that's just picking at things though.

The other thing was, why the heck did she betray Cad so easily? They didn't even ask her a question, and she was like. "Oh, h ey, he's going after that Rodian guy." Didn't make any sense, I guess they cut the part out where they force persuaded her to tell them everything she knew.

Also Yularen yelling and being angry...not quite the Yularen I know and love. And dropping the walkers on another ship in space...Another who cares about Physics moment.

All in all, it was entertaining, plus I'm almost positive that TODO 360 was Seth Green in his homosexual robot voice.

Oh, and sign me up for the "I can't wait for Ashoka to die" club.
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:45:11 AM

Fredwood wrote:

First, the Klawdite chick, when she took another form, they made it seem electronic, not a natural ability, that's just picking at things though.

The other thing was, why the heck did she betray Cad so easily? They didn't even ask her a question, and she was like. "Oh, h ey, he's going after that Rodian guy." Didn't make any sense, I guess they cut the part out where they force persuaded her to tell them everything she knew.

Also Yularen yelling and being angry...not quite the Yularen I know and love. And dropping the walkers on another ship in space...Another who cares about Physics moment.

All in all, it was entertaining, plus I'm almost positive that TODO 360 was Seth Green in his homosexual robot voice.

I think it was the suit that the clawdite was wearing that made the electronic part of her changing. The suit changed to look like the clothes that were being worn, but the face and body was a natural change.
Yes, that was Seth Green as TODO.
Yularen was just frusturated with Anakin for not following the mission and improvising so much.
Can you explain to me how the dropping the walkers onto another ship goes against physics? I seriously don't know and need an explanation on why that wouldn't work.
Space Jawa
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:05:41 AM

Fredwood wrote:
The other thing was, why the heck did she betray Cad so easily? They didn't even ask her a question, and she was like. "Oh, hey, he's going after that Rodian guy." Didn't make any sense, I guess they cut the part out where they force persuaded her to tell them everything she knew.

It made perfect sense to me. She'd been captured, and was pretty sure Cad wasn't going to try to help her at that point. She very well might have thought Cad had already betrayed her, and was simply returning the 'favor'. That, and maybe she thought she might get some leniency if she turned on her former ally. Whatever it is, I think it pretty well comes down to her not being happy with Bane, and doing what she could to stick it to him. I doubt she had any real loyalty towards the guy.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:16:29 AM

Fredwood wrote:

I agree with everything but the stuff about Yularen. And if you are going to complain about Physics at least mention the rocket boots.

Space Jawa wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
The other thing was, why the heck did she betray Cad so easily? They didn't even ask her a question, and she was like. "Oh, hey, he's going after that Rodian guy." Didn't make any sense, I guess they cut the part out where they force persuaded her to tell them everything she knew.

It made perfect sense to me. She'd been captured, and was pretty sure Cad wasn't going to try to help her at that point. She very well might have thought Cad had already betrayed her, and was simply returning the 'favor'. That, and maybe she thought she might get some leniency if she turned on her former ally. Whatever it is, I think it pretty well comes down to her not being happy with Bane, and doing what she could to stick it to him. I doubt she had any real loyalty towards the guy.

Klawdites seem to give away information easily; at least Jango was there to end Zam's life before it was to late in Ep. 2.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:54:06 AM

I really enjoyed the beginning of the new season. A thought popped into my head. This show is supposed to be for kids, right? If it is for kids then I think some parents need to talk with their parents about a few "adult" issues.

1. Torture is not cool under any circumstances (even if you need information for your job)

2. It is not OK to hit old librarians in the face and steal their identity.

3. You should not shoot anyone, even if they are a clone and they are shooting back at you and your robot friends.

4. You absolutely cannot go out into space wearing just a bubble hat.
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:59:52 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
I really enjoyed the beginning of the new season. A thought popped into my head. This show is supposed to be for kids, right? If it is for kids then I think some parents need to talk with their parents about a few "adult" issues.

1. Torture is not cool under any circumstances (even if you need information for your job)

2. It is not OK to hit old librarians in the face and steal their identity.

3. You should not shoot anyone, even if they are a clone and they are shooting back at you and your robot friends.

4. You absolutely cannot go out into space wearing just a bubble hat.

Very niceThumpUp

Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 12:26:08 PM

Is it just me or was almost every new mini from the GAW set in the first two episodes of the season?

Yularen, Cad, Nightvision clone, Repeating blaster clone, etc...

IG-108
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:11:25 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
Is it just me or was almost every new mini from the GAW set in the first two episodes of the season?

Yularen, Cad, Nightvision clone, Repeating blaster clone, etc...

It's just you, lol.
I think GaW finishes off the minis that come out from the movie and Season 1. The next Clone Wars based set will have Season 2 stuff.
swsf17
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:49:02 PM

Rex hit his head in the first episode of season two. Wonder where I've seen that before?Tongue
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 3:05:03 PM

just saw it, was ok, but I still think who ever programs those droids for the CIS needs to be shot. What kind of person programs Battle droids to fear? That will always drive me insane.
BHenry76
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 5:52:06 PM

They're made on the cheap! Why do you think there's so many of them? A Clone Trooper would need 10 years, and lord knows how many credits worth of gear and training before being ready for battle. The CIS just pumps out as many as needed, with no training and very little prep time. Granted, they are VERY dim, but it's the whole "quality vs. quantity" argument.
As a whole, I've only seen a handful of episodes, but I like them a LOT more than the movie. The season opener was great, and Cad Bane makes for a great and slippery villain. ThumbsUp Can't wait to see more of this series.