RegisterDonateLogin

Price: 7 wupi wupi per gallon.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CE range with Mas Options
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:17:11 AM
Groups: Member

OK, if a character with a CE range of 6 is in a room with Mas and all doors to the room are shut, can CHaracters outside the room benifit from the Commanders CE? for exaple Panaka, can Characters still swap if he is locked in a room with Mas?
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:41:11 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Durge Dude wrote:
OK, if a character with a CE range of 6 is in a room with Mas and all doors to the room are shut, can CHaracters outside the room benifit from the Commanders CE? for exaple Panaka, can Characters still swap if he is locked in a room with Mas?

No, characters outside the room would not benefit from CEs of any commanders in the room that count range, even though the range is extended to "unlimited" by Mas, as you cannot count range to a character through a closed door (or walls).

Edit: You still have to be able to count the range, Mas extends, but does not remove the range restriction.

MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:58:58 AM

A note:

Booming Voice (Allies' commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range)

Because Mas' ability has no range and it is a SA you can have Mas locked in a room and all your commanders outside said room and benefit from your commanders CE. In addition you could have all your commanders and Mas locked in a room and have a mouse droid outside the room relaying your commanders effects. What makes this work is you are not counting range from Mas, you are counting it from your commanders.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 12:12:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

MrSmileys wrote:
A note:

Booming Voice (Allies' commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range)

Because Mas' ability has no range and it is a SA you can have Mas locked in a room and all your commanders outside said room and benefit from your commanders CE. In addition you could have all your commanders and Mas locked in a room and have a mouse droid outside the room relaying your commanders effects. What makes this work is you are not counting range from Mas, you are counting it from your commanders.

Right you are.
Great way to protect your commanders and Mas, and still spread the CEs. ThumpUp
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 12:14:14 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Just remember, Unlimited Range is still a range, thus is subject to the same rules as all the other things when range is considered.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:59:31 PM

doors would have to be open for Mas' Boom.
atleast thats what i thought.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:12:43 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

Booming Voice itself has no range, so Mas can be locked in a room to affect allied commanders. No range and unlimited range seems to trip people up, but they are 2 very different concepts.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:46:02 PM

I like to remember it this way. Commander effects with range must be able to draw an unbroken like to the follower for it to be effective. So if there is a wall or door that blocks it, the effect can not get to the follower. Even though booming voice increases the range, you need to be able to draw the unbroken line to the follower.
Durge Dude
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:45:38 AM

Thanks guys, thats what I thought, but my friend disagreed, so I thought I would make sure I was right
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:20:45 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Booming Voice itself has no range, so Mas can be locked in a room to affect allied commanders. No range and unlimited range seems to trip people up, but they are 2 very different concepts.

is that because Booming is an ability and not a CE?
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:27:10 AM

Sithborg wrote:

is that because Booming is an ability and not a CE?

No. Booming Voice has no range listed. If no range is listed, than doors and walls have no effect. Booming Voice does not eliminate range on CE's, merely extends it (think of it as Range 50 instead of unlimited, if you want).

There are plenty of abilities and CE's that have no range and plenty of those that do have range limitations. The concepts of range apply to both.